[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Is it just me, or is specifying 175ms delay in advancedsettings.xml for 23-24fps material no longer neccessary with the latest build? Seems out of sync.. then I removed the xml and its in sync.

Whatever occasional/irrational syncing problems I might've had previously seem now totally gone, YMMV.

I didn't have any delays set as I usually just skipped -10s to fix the sync. Now it's spot on right from the start.

same for me since a couple versions back, I don't remember which exactly. now it's fine for all refresh rates without as.xml (maybe 5-10 ms for 24p, but that's a range where our minds become quite unreliable, so I leave it without adjustment)

• What is the command to check the temperature via ssh ?

there may be no universal answer, search for temp or thermal in /sys e.g

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # find /sys/ -name temp
    /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
    LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
  • kszaq .. please can you try to build or make LE work also for this board here ( LePotato that is based on 905X). It should be really similar to odroid C2. I don t know if this can help you but Uboot logic is here, while the kernel is HERE or according to armdebian it works also with mainline kernel.org plus THESE patches.

Thank you in advance for any answer.

• kszaq .. please can you try to build or make LE work also for this board here ( LePotato that is based on 905X). It should be really similar to odroid C2. I don t know if this can help you but Uboot logic is here, while the kernel is HERE or according to armdebian it works also with mainline kernel.org plus THESE patches.

Thank you in advance for any answer.

My builds don't use mainline kernel as there is no hardware decoding support. Have you even tried to use a generic build on that board?

• Hello. I have seen messages about successfull boot on Tops MX V. Just got this box and can't boot from a USB stick. Tried to use toothstick and update methods - no luck. Box just doesnt boot at all with usb/sd plugged in. Using gxbb_p201_2G device tree. What am I doin wrong?

Any advice will be appreciated

PS Earlier successfully installed Libre on s912 x92 Box

Figured out that tree is the problem. Successfully booted with 1G tree

How do I get whol2 2Gig memory working?

Edited once, last by Patkino (November 2, 2017 at 3:41 PM).

• I don't understand your question. Almost everything build-related is the same as in official LE.

Hi kszaq, please see my post from 10.55am 1st Nov. I am having the same problem on two S905x as i did own Linux Mint 18.2.

I had to re-install pycurl per the two links in my post to fix my problem on linux.

I guess it is the same issue on your build with ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35)

• Quick Question. I control normaly Kodi over TV-Remote but I would like to pair my PS3 BT Controller in Kodi (Build 8.2.0.1). Cause i installed Emulationstation as a Program and i want to use him for playing. On USB it works, but it doesnt show up in BT Settings in Libreelec for pairing. Am i missing something?!

Thanks in advance for Tipps/Helping

• Hello. I have seen messages about successfull boot on Tops MX V. Just got this box and can't boot from a USB stick. Tried to use toothstick and update methods - no luck. Box just doesnt boot at all with usb/sd plugged in. Using gxbb_p201_2G device tree. What am I doin wrong?

Any advice will be appreciated

PS Earlier successfully installed Libre on s912 x92 Box

Figured out that tree is the problem. Successfully booted with 1G tree

How do I get whol2 2Gig memory working?

If it boots with 1G dtb (and doesn't with 2G dtb) then it has only 1GB RAM.

MX IV, MX V and some others has fake ram chips and hacked android which reports more memory.

• Hi kszaq, please see my post from 10.55am 1st Nov. I am having the same problem on two S905x as i did own Linux Mint 18.2.

I had to re-install pycurl per the two links in my post to fix my problem on linux.

I guess it is the same issue on your build with ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35)

Like I said, everything python, curl and openssl-related is the same as in official LE builds. I'm afraid I cannot help you with this issue now. Please create a thread in General Support and perhaps some smarter minds will be able to help you.

• Have a little Problem after update to newest build with mxqpro 4k. I have no write acces in kodi. In Filemanager i cant copy from server to userdata. And all sources i make are gone after reboot. Looks i ve no write access.

Someone a hint?!

• On my memobox UFO (s905x) the last version of libreelec which does not tint display is 7.x, 8.x and beta 9.x all suffer from massive purple tint. Would love to help with solving this issue if there is anything I can help with please let me know. Thanks

Erroneous bug reports like this are really unhelpful, please see here