[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• You may want to reinstall the latest update. Just drop it into the .update folder again along with the dtb you normally use, and reboot.

My box definitely has the correct (17.4) splash screen, and that is part of the system image.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. I'll see what happens after the next update.

• Hi,

I got a KI Pro and want to use bluetooth with it.

The LibreELEC settings only say: "Bluetooth is disabled".

How to get it enabled?

The box specification said it has bluetooth ...

Thank you :)

• System > LibreELEC > Services...

Best regards...

• Before someone asks: build 8.1.10 is Krypton 17.4 with some additional patches that make it "almost" 17.5. Thus I won't rush a next build. I am preparing a build based on Kodi 17.5, it should be out this week.

• Kszaq dejke moc for all your work.

I have two boxes T95M 2G/8G android 5.1 and X96 2G/16G android 6.0.1 - they are both crap with stuttering on HD streaming, etc.

I put your builds on them running from 2G sd card and they run like a charm. no stuttering and respond much quicker.

no i run into a problem, that the 2G sd cards i use run out of space, so i guess the solution is to copy to internal memory.

It would be great if you could update your installation instructions, on how to make a backup of the recovery.img and dtb.img files you mention. I prefer to have original backup, rather than trying to use one from internet.

other thing i should mention. On x96 (8.1.6) my music collection plays with no problems. But on the t95m (8.1.10) it stops after 2 or 3sec of playing and the boxes has to reboot.

also, on the original remote control the vol +/- key don't work. They seem to effect the placement of where the track is playing from rather than adjust the volume.

• no i run into a problem, that the 2G sd cards i use run out of space, so i guess the solution is to copy to internal memory.

The better solution is to use a bigger SD card (or usb flash drive)

No risk of bricks, no noticeable performance degradation, Android is still readily available should you require it for other tasks - win-win (-win) setup :thumbup:

• It would be great if you could update your installation instructions, on how to make a backup of the recovery.img and dtb.img files you mention. I prefer to have original backup, rather than trying to use one from internet.

Instructions are up to date. The scripts will automatically create a backup of both recovery and dtb on your SD card/USB drive.

• Hi kszaq, would you please be so kind as to give me some advice on how to proceed?

• jd17 Try to reinstall Android (using recovery or USB Burning Tool), then run installtointernal again.

Welcome back kszaq .

jd17 has nand hardware and i tried to help but got confused with how he will get the nand suffix device tree installed when it does not work on the sd card install. The sequence of installtointernal with the wrong device tree for nand is where i got stuck.

He can't boot up with nand suffix device tree when booting from SD Card.

He gets a Black screen.

I don't know if he can SSH whilst the black screen occurs ?

Maybe if he can, He can issue a command to install the nand suffix device tree ?

I didn't want to give that advice in case he totally bricked it.

Just getting you in the loop as to where he's at with all the missing info.

• He can't boot up with nand suffix device tree when booting from SD Card.

He gets a Black screen.

I don't know if he can SSH whilst the black screen occurs ?

If you provide a wrong device tree, the device doesn't boot into LE and you can't SSH to it. The easiest way to restore the box should be USB Burning Tool.

• I've got a question.
    Every time I turn on a movie black screen with "No Signal" message appears for 2-3 seconds.
    Same thing happens when I turn it off.
    Also on boot i've got LibreELEC loading screen --> "No Signal" message for 2-3 secs --> Kodi loading screen.

kszaq is it possible to get rid of this somehow?

• If you provide a wrong device tree, the device doesn't boot into LE and you can't SSH to it. The easiest way to restore the box should be USB Burning Tool.

I can boot just fine from SD with the regular non-nand device tree - everything works.
    If replacing that decive tree with the _nand device tree leads to a black screen, doesn't that mean _nand is wrong for the box?

No matter what the manufacturer says about the box - the terms NAND, FLASH and eMMC are being misused all the time, right?

• I have some 3D issues with the latest 8.1.10 build which I first noticed with I think 8.1.9. It works fine with some of my 3D movie files I play from my NAS Drive or USB drive, but many like Avatar, which was working fine before with the auto 3D new function, no longer works. I have to manually set up the TV for SBS 3D as in the old days. Strange thing is if I go back to an earlier LE version where I remember Avatar and some other 3D movies did auto switch to 3D, it now does not work. So has something been changed in the newer versions of 8.1.x that does not get changed back when I roll back to an earlier LE version that did used to work okay?

I wondered if something had got corrupted on my Avatar big movie file, but it is the same with several others too (though not all as some still work fine). So that seems unlikley to be the case. Also with 3D streaming 3D movie content from a newish nameless add-on, the auto 3D still does not work on all that I have tried to run so far. So I have to manually set up my TV to 3D like the bad old days.

Has anyone else noticed this and can Kszaq shed any light on what may be happening here. I appreciate some 3D movie files do not have the correct 3D coding embedded, if indeed any such coding is there at all, but I am sure my Avatar file was working before with the 3D switching in automatically, and I am fairly sure that was the case with many other of my 3D movie files which also no longer trip the auto 3D function in KODI.