[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hi @kszaq, I have a Lepotato board, that have amlogic 905x. I tried to boot up it with your librelec image and different combination of dtb files (even the one present in the original armbian image of lepotato board), but as expected do not work. Do you think would be difficult for you to make a bootale version of librelec for this board? I can do as a tester.

you can find more information on it here if you are interested: AML-S905X-CC - Your Destination for Single Board Computers

thank you in advance for any answer :)

Reguards

• I have the 8.1.10 build installed and see the Kodi 17.3 splash screen at boot. Is this normal?

Edit: I disabled the Kodi splash screen in advancedsettings.xml, but still wonder if the Kodi splash screen version is updated with corresponding LE builds?

Edited once, last by BeeMan (October 23, 2017 at 1:00 PM).

• Has nobody encountered this before?
    Please help me out, I don't know how to proceed!
    Thank you. :)

• Has nobody encountered this before?
    Please help me out, I don't know how to proceed!
    Thank you. :)

jd17

The OP mentions install to internal is not recommended in case partition is not standard.

Now, I am also interested to hear in how far install to internal is recommended as I want to go from external to internal too.

My partition looks standard :)

Can anyone comment?

As for your problem jd17 perhaps you need to reinstall stock firmware from scratch?

• Is it possible to use a 64gb microSD card for LibreELEC and tvheadend recordings?

So is the LibreELEC partition size resized to match all the 64gb?

Thanks

Yes, on first boot the 2nd partition (the one you care about) is resized to fill the rest of the storage device.

• CAUTION: If your box has a non-standard partition layout, you will see an error when trying to boot from internal memory for the first time. To solve it, you need to boot one more time from SD card and run installtointernal again.

The OP mentions install to internal is not recommended in case partition is not standard.

Now, I am also interested to hear in how far install to internal is recommended as I want to go from external to internal too.

My TX7 has a non standard partition layout and i do as kszaq quotes above.

Not a problem.

First boot without the SD Card gives a corruption error on screen.

Pull out Power and insert SD Card.

Let it boot up and run installtointernal command again.

Power off Box, Pull out SD Card, Power back on.

Works fine.

Internal install is not mentioned as not recommended due to partition being not standard.

• I thought that the partition is standard, since I did not have to use the _nand device tree?

Either way - as I wrote, I already tried to just run installtointernal again, but it does not work.
    Hopefully kszaq is able to help once he returns. :)

• If internal memory of your box is not visible when trying to install to internal memory, try a device tree with _nand suffix.

I thought that the partition is standard, since I did not have to use the _nand device tree?

Did you try nand device tree ?

I just Googled that box that looks like a Door Stop Wedge ?

Specifications :
    CPU: Amlogic S905X Qcta-core 2GHz 64-bit ARM Cortex A53 CPU
    GPU: Mali-450 5-Core GPU processor
    RAM: 2GB DDR3
    ROM: 8GB NAND FLASH

• Yes, it's a bit of a wedge. :)

I started out with the regular non-nand device tree and everything worked great.

After I tried installtointernal and got the described issue, I also tried to replace the device tree on the SD card with the _nand tree.
    That ended up in booting into a black screen from SD.
    So I replaced it with the regular device tree again and it booted fine.

Therefor, I would assume the regular tree is correct?

• My LAN RJ45 wired network just stop to work when I was using libreelec 8.1.10. I dont know what happening but neither Android TV original firmware is the wired network working.

I'm sure that I used the right DTB file (I have a K1 PRO)

What should I do?

I try to reflash with all original android recovery firmware using usb to usb cable and didnt work. Also tried old libreelec firmware.

I saw a bunch of people here complain about this dtb file. So what happened? Would be the newer k1 pro have some different hardware?

• I have the 8.1.10 build installed and see the Kodi 17.3 splash screen at boot. Is this normal?

Edit: I disabled the Kodi splash screen in advancedsettings.xml, but still wonder if the Kodi splash screen version is updated with corresponding LE builds?

You may want to reinstall the latest update. Just drop it into the .update folder again along with the dtb you normally use, and reboot.

My box definitely has the correct (17.4) splash screen, and that is part of the system image.

• Unfortunately Hardkernel is out of stock

Currently says dispatch in 7 days, direct from HC. That is well worth the wait for one of these. Not to mention, a whole list of official C2 distributors on HC's website to stock check...

7 days is well worth years of stability, options, and support.

• My LAN RJ45 wired network just stop to work when I was using libreelec 8.1.10. I dont know what happening but neither Android TV original firmware is the wired network working.

I'm sure that I used the right DTB file (I have a K1 PRO)

What should I do?

I try to reflash with all original android recovery firmware using usb to usb cable and didnt work. Also tried old libreelec firmware.

I saw a bunch of people here complain about this dtb file. So what happened? Would be the newer k1 pro have some different hardware?

If the wired interface is not working on stock Android, nor LibreELEC, it may be dead. Shutdown + unplug the box for a few minutes, plug it back in and try it. Cross your fingers...