[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hello..

Can anyone help setup the new Samba on LibreELEC?

With the old one it was easy since you only need a simple .conf file.

But the new one is more difficult.

Had anyone setup new Samba with username and password?

Thank you.

• i received today one mecool m8s pro 2gb/16gb whats the best way to boot libreelec on it?

there's no reset button.... i even look at AV

there's no power button

the zip method file also had no results

any ideas? or should i try terminal emulator or adb as last options?

• i received today one mecool m8s pro 2gb/16gb whats the best way to boot libreelec on it?

there's no reset button.... i even look at AV

there's no power button

the zip method file also had no results

any ideas? or should i try terminal emulator or adb as last options?

There is a reset hole under the front bottom. However, my reset button was broken on my new Mecool M8S pro.

If the reset hole doesn't work, use the "bootcard maker". Magendanz explains how to install his mod for the TV OS, but that method works for installing LibreELEC onto a microSD card, when the reset button does not work. I have installed LibreELEC, Ubuntu 16.04, and his mod using that method, with a non-functioning reset button.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1) - FreakTab.com

• uhhhhmmmm I don't know how to 5) "run the USB creator" ...... 😞 Clearly LibreElec is over my head and i should stick to using the Android Kodi that will work on my Mecool M8S Pro Plus. Thank you for trying to help a noob! 😬

Edited once, last by Cinbad702 (September 21, 2017 at 1:24 AM).

• Need help. Wifi does not display any network.

I am using a KI PRO, I have performed the following steps to install the LE

First I downloaded the version LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2c-I.img.gz (afl1), I recorded it on the card. Along with the device tree (gxl_p230_k1_pro.dtb)

Then I upgraded to the version LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.7.tar - Copying to update folder. Along with the device tree (gxl_p230_k1_pro.dtb).

Then I upgraded to LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.8.tar - Copying to update folder. Along with the device tree (gxl_p230_k1_pro.dtb).

In none of the versions was my wifi displayed, every process was via cable error.

I will post a LOG of the LE when activating the wifi.

Log Network

Log System

Edited once, last by ioirifly (September 21, 2017 at 3:20 AM).

• uhhhhmmmm I don't know how to 5) "run the USB creator" ...... 😞 Clearly LibreElec is over my head and i should stick to using the Android Kodi that will work on my Mecool M8S Pro Plus. Thank you for trying to help a noob! 😬

You run the USB creator app on your computer, not your meecool device.... In fact, you do steps 1-8 on your computer

• Copy the .tar file and the dtb into the .update folder and reboot.

Thanks! I installed 8.0.2e some time ago, but at that time I didn't need (at least I thought so) any dtb file. I tried searching for it, but I'm not sure which dtb file exactly I need for running Libreelec on an Odroid C2, would be great if someone could give me a hint :)

• There is a reset hole under the front bottom. However, my reset button was broken on my new Mecool M8S pro.

If the reset hole doesn't work, use the "bootcard maker". Magendanz explains how to install his mod for the TV OS, but that method works for installing LibreELEC onto a microSD card, when the reset button does not work. I have installed LibreELEC, Ubuntu 16.04, and his mod using that method, with a non-functioning reset button.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1) - FreakTab.com

when you say theres a reset hole under the front bottom i think you are trying to say there's a hole under the led position because m8s pro doesn't have any button outside!

But i find a button hidden inside thats visible at the right side of the led! is this the bottom?

Edited once, last by estimadarocha (September 21, 2017 at 8:58 AM).

• when you say theres a reset hole under the front bottom i think you are trying to say there's a hole under the led position because m8s pro doesn't have any button outside!

But i find a button hidden inside thats visible at the right side of the led! is this the bottom?

That's the BUTTON ;) yes. A bit on the right of the middle. A paper clip works wonders

• That's the BUTTON ;) yes. A bit on the right of the middle. A paper clip works wonders

strange... if i press that button without sd card inserted i boot into recovery method but if i plug the sd card and turn on while pressing the button it keeps on mecool log and doesn't do anything!!!!

• when you say theres a reset hole under the front bottom i think you are trying to say there's a hole under the led position because m8s pro doesn't have any button outside!

You said you have the Pro (Amlogic S912), do you mean you have the Pro PLUS (Amlogic S905x)??

• Someone has a way to my problem. I need the wifi