[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• thanks for your answer, that clears things to me...

You mentioned in your first post from 19. Juli 2017:

Code
    if you choose a device tree with LIRC support, you have to configure your remote control from the scratch (amremote cannot work toghether with LIRC)!

Ok, I want to do this (configure my Harmony from scratch with Lirc), but

where can I get a suitable devicetree for non-C2-devices with Lirc-support?

Can I extract the devicetree from the Marshmellow Android installed on the MiniMXIII internal memory?

• thanks for your answer, that clears things to me...

You mentioned in your first post from 19. Juli 2017:

Code
    if you choose a device tree with LIRC support, you have to configure your remote control from the scratch (amremote cannot work toghether with LIRC)!

Ok, I want to do this (configure my Harmony from scratch with Lirc), but

where can I get a suitable devicetree for non-C2-devices with Lirc-support?

Can I extract the devicetree from the Marshmellow Android installed on the MiniMXIII internal memory?

I have a beelink with a harmony, you need to configure the harmony as pivos XIOS DS media player. After that the ir codes should start appearing in dmesg. From there you can create a remote.conf file for amremote.

• I have a beelink with a harmony, you need to configure the harmony as pivos XIOS DS media player. After that the ir codes should start appearing in dmesg. From there you can create a remote.conf file for amremote.

can you please send me your remote.conf as a starting point?

• Hi...

Finish the libreelec installation on my K1 PRO, however my remote doesn't work! to make sure its not a remote problem i remove sd card and tested in android and it works just fine, does anyone here have the same problem with this device?

and yes i read:

Q: My remote control does not work, what can I do?

A: Grab remote.conf file from Android firmware (it's available in /system/etc) and copy it to Configuration folder: /storage/.config over SSH or \\your_box_IP\Configuration using Windows shares. You can also put that file to main folder of your SD card. You may need to remap some buttons.

but just want to make sure i made everything as expected!

thanks

• Is there no root access in Android?

If so, there are several excellent root explorer & partition dumping Android apps availabl

Thanks for advice Poida

I dug out some old code commands i had on file from 2016. Android commands are not something i use unless needed on this forum.

I executed command below with results from Mac Terminal which copied the Device tree to Downloads in Android.

Well kszaq i hope that's what happened :huh: I've attached the file below.

I am guessing my Tuner is not being recognised when i used TV Headend because of Device tree i used was from an s905x ?

Code
    dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/emulated/0/Download/dtb.img.gz                      <
    512+0 records in
    512+0 records out
    262144 bytes transferred in 1.761 secs (148860 bytes/sec)

dtb.img.zip

Edited once, last by kostaman (August 10, 2017 at 2:44 PM).

• I wanna add something else about the Windows share issue. I don't setup each box (Odroid C2) to access to Windows share, i use a SQL database to sync all devices, with advancedsettings.xml. The connection to the SQL DB is ok, I have my file list updated without problem, but i can't launch any video... Everything is ok with 8.0.2e.

Thanks !!!

• I believe this might actually be an issue related to a recent windows update that just coincided with an update to LE (or maybe it was present earlier and maybe people didn't notice till doing a fresh install). I've been running the same version of LE for several months and I'm experiencing the same issue (and fix) above. It all happened after my W10 box did the creators update (and various other updates) not only did it reset all my sharing preferences (back to homegroup sharing, etc) but since then I haven't been able to browse shares, manually inputting the IP address works.

Plenty of other posts on the internet regarding the same issue (and specifying IP working) on a range of non MS OS devices.

• I believe this might actually be an issue related to a recent windows update that just coincided with an update to LE (or maybe it was present earlier and maybe people didn't notice till doing a fresh install). I've been running the same version of LE for several months and I'm experiencing the same issue (and fix) above. It all happened after my W10 box did the creators update (and various other updates) not only did it reset all my sharing preferences (back to homegroup sharing, etc) but since then I haven't been able to browse shares, manually inputting the IP address works.

Plenty of other posts on the internet regarding the same issue (and specifying IP working) on a range of non MS OS devices.

Yes, the guide by yatoya largely helps to solve the problem but to completely solve it, I re-do the shares in windows 10 with the "share with .......(user)" after right click on the mouse.

• Yes, the guide by yatoya largely helps to solve the problem but to completely solve it, I re-do the shares in windows 10 with the "share with .......(user)" after right click on the mouse.

But it doesn't work with a SQL database... the connection to the db is ok but you can't access to the files... and I don't want to protect my pc with any password...!

• The Android remote.conf is not compatible with the Libreelec Lirc

Follow this thread to create your own remote.conf: Create remote.conf from scratch

But please be aware that if you try to copy&paste the reference remote.conf file from this thread, it will not work since some non ANSI character are present and cause remotecfg to crash.

Instead download this one: remote.conf (I attach it also here, just remove the .txt extension)

Thank You Menion

I did not realise the original remote.conf had some non ANSI characters in it. Glad you picked that up as i was going to try and make a remote.conf from scratch using that.

I will attempt using the one you supplied and build from scratch.

I tried using it in the .config folder but none of the buttons worked.

Funny thing is i used my TX5 Pro remote.conf and every button on that remote worked including the power.