[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hello,

I have problem with TIDAL in Libreelec.

I used it on Widnows+kodi and it works well, but in LibreElec I can only choose music but it never play.

Do you know problem?

• Hello everybody,

koenkooi : How can we apply this patch ? I have the same issue since the update to 8.1.2, my windows share (without password) doesn't work. I tried the jg555 solution but i didn't find the smb.conf to modified.

Thank you for your help.

PS : un special thank you to kszaq for this builds

The latest build from kszaq already has it, but if you have an existing /storage/.config/smb.conf you'll need to update it manually.

• Hello,

I have problem with TIDAL in Libreelec.

I used it on Widnows+kodi and it works well, but in LibreElec I can only choose music but it never play.

Do you know problem?

Please collect Kodi log and ask addon author first.

Hi,

Can i use DVB USB tuner (below url) with this build ? if yes what settings to change ? im having S905X 2G/8G box and using the latest 8.1.2 build

Please help

RTL2832U tuners are supported, you only need to take care of PVR backend+frontend (like with all tuners).

• I'm sorry but i can't access to my windows share with the last build... "Operation not permitted" !

What are the differents steps to solve the issue ? I use a windows 10 share without password, if i add a password i have the same error message...

Thanks for your help !

• Hi,

I am a S905X MXQ Pro+ TV box user. I use KODI for playing my music FLAC files. Music library of mine involves files with many different sampling rates (from 44.1 to 192 kHz). All version of LibreElec I have tried (7, 8, 8.2) do not play this files with sampling rates higher then 48.0 kHz. KODI activated on original Android firmware or e.g. Armbian does not show this issue. I hate Android and love LibreElec. Is it possible to solve this problem?

kszaq

Hi,

it is a little uncomfortable to quote ourself but I think that I must do it. Simply I have not a chance to solve my problem by myself. Thank You for all Your hard work and please help me if You can.

• Can someone please help me on my issues i posted on page 15 with S905X and S912 or provide some guides to fix the bug i am getting please.

It would be much easier for you and people who could be able to help you if you created a separate thread and posted logs. Please read instructions linked in OP (pinned thread) and make it easier for you and for us.

kszaq

Hi,

it is a little uncomfortable to quote ourself but I think that I must do it. Simply I have not a chance to solve my problem by myself. Thank You for all Your hard work and please help me if You can.

The same thing applies here.

• kszaq

Hi,

Just tested my .flac - LE is playing all samplig rates from 44 to 192khz 16/24 bit

My Hardware is listed in signature

• @kszaq Apologies for putting this in the wrong place then.

I have fixed the 1 issue with Resolution so that is finally sorted out :)

On another note i have set this up on my ODROID-C2 and so far everything is working 100%, Shares, Playback etc... that i use.

• Greetings,

I am using the LE 8.1.2 build on two boxes (cheap "Karate" ones):

• S905X 2/8Gb (Ampak AP6330 WiFi chipset)

The box comes with 1Gbps Ethernet, allegedly, and LE boots only with gxl_p212_2g.dtb device tree descriptor file.
    Ethernet driver within this configuration appears to be: st_mac100

Is it possible to use the st_gmac driver, like in gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb?

Shutting down the box cuts the power to USB modules as well, and in that way - also stops my active cooling mod. :shy:

• S905 2/16Gb

Gigabit Ethernet here is working with st_gmac driver flawlessly.

However,

I've noticed when a graceful shutdown is initiated - USB power is not being cut to the external devices, thus external drives continue spinning for good.

Is this a specific of the S905 chipset, kernel ACPI modules or particular model board schematics design?

Thank you in advance for all your input on the matter. :thumbup:

• There are no S905x boxes with gigabit Ethernet. The SoC does not have the capability for it. S905 has it, this is why it works with your other box.

You can use a usb adapter if 100 Mbit are not sufficient for your use case.

• Thank you for the clarification. :thumbup:

Would you be able, please, to recommend such USB-Gigabit adapter, which is proven to work with LE kernel/drivers?

Anything on the USB power switch-off on S905?

Thanks again!