[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• I seem to be a little stuck...

I have three USB drives currently conneted to a powered USB 3.0 hub plugged into a PopcornHour A400, and LibreElec 8.0.2 running off an SD card in my Q box. This combination is working fine. (I have the PCH for 3D support).

When I upgrade to 8.1.9, I can no longer access samba shares on my PCH - since it is not possible to set passwords on the PCH shares. I can't seem to get around this. If I try NFS shares on the PCH, I can't see the shares remotely either.

If I connect my USB hub to the Q box, I can't see any drives, but if I connect a single USB drive to the port at the back, I can see it. My hub connected drives are a mix of NTFS and ext3.

I would really like to upgrade, but at the moment, I'm stuck with 8.0.2 and the odd connectivity methodology. Any ideas anyone?

Edited once, last by say170: correct second file system to EXT3 (October 1, 2017 at 7:14 PM).

• After suffering from Green screen for some time and being really frustrated I finally decided to fix this problem as there were no new updates for x96 TV BOX. After Googling, reading few guides and spending around 2 hours to make everything work, the green screen happened again. Now I saw that I missed this little info:

• RGB mode doesn't work

I hope kszaq that you will make some time to bring back the RGB mode support.

Thanks! :)

• I hope kszaq that you will make some time to . . .

If you read the previous posts in these threads, you'll appreciate the amount of time that kszaq invests in these builds and know that he will already be working towards solving all the issues folk are having with these dirt cheap boxes ;)

• I am running 8.1.9 on a MeCool M8S Pro + 2gb/16gb.

When I play the H.264 1080p/24.000 sample file (from Samples - Official Kodi Wiki) , the codecinfo overlay it says it is running at 23.976 fps.

Same for the H.264 1080p/60.000 sample file, it is showing as running at 59.94 instead of 60. All the other samples play correctly.

If I turn Hardware acceleration off, it will display the correct frame rate, however when hardware accel was off I noticed some issues on the playback on various films.

When I use my PC as a media device it has frame rates that match all the sample files.

Anyone know the cause of this?

• When I play the H.264 1080p/24.000 sample file (from Samples - Official Kodi Wiki) , the codecinfo overlay it says it is running at 23.976 fps.

Same for the H.264 1080p/60.000 sample file, it is showing as running at 59.94 instead of 60. All the other samples play correctly.

It's the same for me but i never noticed it since most of my movies are 23.976 or 25.000 or 50.000 fps. But I also found a 1080p/30.000 file where codecinfo shows 29.970fps. After enabling the debug info I noticed that the framerate seems to be correct.

The same files actually show the same behavior on android and kodi on the same box.

• veronicasmithen03 The VIM boot failure will be fixed in my next build.

Thanks so much for working on it Kszaq!! I really appreciate it. In the meantime, here is a temporary fix for others in the same situation. All credit goes to balbes150 for the fix:

ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING LE TO BOOT ON THE KHADAS VIM, PLEASE FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS *EXACTLY*:

1. Erase EMMC clean

2. Flash Android Vim_Marshmallow_Root_170303 to EMMC - *MUST BE THIS VERSION*

3. To flash multiboot - Setup FAT16 SD/USB of 500MB and put these two files on the root of the SD/USB:

Code
    https://yadi.sk/d/srrtn6kpnsKz2/update_uboot/v05

4. Insert SD card with above files when VIM is off. Power on, go to “Update System” and apply multiboot patch. Allow to reboot.

5. Power off VIM

6. Setup LE SD card (kszaq build) with kszaq DTB - BOOT FAILURE

7. Changed DTB to the one Balbes150 supplied above:

Code
    https://yadi.sk/d/PTMTLQPs3Lhhr9

SUCCESSFUL BOOT

The problem appears to be with the DTB, as using the DTB provided by balbes150 worked perfectly. It appears that you NEED the uboot version of "Vim_Marshmallow_Root_170303" - so if you plan to upgrade to a later build (Marshmallow, Nougat), you'll need to flash that version of Uboot to ensure LE will boot.

Hope that helps someone!

• 23.976 is the correct value. It's like Pi, everyone says 3,14 just to keep it simple.

• I upgraded my mini m8s II, but think i forgot the device tree or selected the wrong image (tar not the.img.gz). I'm not sure. But now my player boots and gets stuck on a google tv screen (boot screen).

Any idea how to fix it?
    Tried making a new bootable usb with the image and correct device tree, but won't work. Won't boot using the usb (tried both usb-ports, used the toothpick and then powered the device).
    Didn't try to make a new sd-card (will try this this afternoon).

Any other ideas? Is my device bricked?

• I upgraded my mini m8s II, but think i forgot the device tree or selected the wrong image (tar not the.img.gz). I'm not sure. But now my player boots and gets stuck on a google tv screen (boot screen).

Any idea how to fix it?
    Tried making a new bootable usb with the image and correct device tree, but won't work. Won't boot using the usb (tried both usb-ports, used the toothpick and then powered the device).
    Didn't try to make a new sd-card (will try this this afternoon).

Any other ideas? Is my device bricked?

See section:- If you forgot to use a new device tree or used wrong one and your device doesn't boot in first post

• Thx, your great! Totaly didn't see that.

if booting from internal:

1. Boot this build from SD card or USB with correct device tree.

Maybe a stupid question, but what do the mean with 'this build'?

Does this mean that I need to use LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.1.9.img.gz and make a new usb device with libreelec usb creator and include the correct device-tree (as dtb.img). Then boot the device and then run those commands?

Edited once, last by r2d3 (October 2, 2017 at 1:30 PM).

• When I play the H.264 1080p/24.000 sample file (from Samples - Official Kodi Wiki) , the codecinfo overlay it says it is running at 23.976 fps.

Confirmed, can't play flawlessly my 24Hz movie because there are microstutters, that movie with 012k and Minix XBMC was perfect at the correct frame rate.

1080/60Hz sample file with same issue, running on 29,97 and another sample (Peter Gabriel concert) 1080p/25 fps m2ts file running on 59.94, I don"t understand these issues. All with LE 8.1.9.

• Confirmed, can't play flawlessly my 24Hz movie because there are microstutters, that movie with 012k and Minix XBMC was perfect at the correct frame rate.

1080/60Hz sample file with same issue, running on 29,97 and another sample (Peter Gabriel concert) 1080p/25 fps m2ts file running on 59.94, I don"t understand these issues. All with LE 8.1.9.

I have no such probllems as I have my KODI set to Change Display rate to source. With LE 8.1.9 it has all the old main integer rounded display rates like 24, 50 and 60 fps and the fractional rates too like 23.96 as you have seen. By setting your KODI to force your TV to auto adjust it's display rate to that of the streaming source at start/stop, you should then avoid all such micro stutters you get with using the nearest integer rounded display rate as we used to have to with older LE/KODI versions.

So the latest LE builds are in fact then superior and a welcomed enhancement, as they properly exactly match your streaming source providing your TV is not very old and supports the fractional rates, if not they will not be made available in KODI anyway unless your TV confirms via HDMI that all of those frame rates are compatible with it. I then configure my TV (a 5 year old Samsung series 7) for the picture size option to be set as "Best Fit" or whatever it is called with differetn makes/models. Note that with Samsung it does not save changed settings in Dynamic or Movie modes, so you should use say Standard mode and adjust your contrast, brightness etc to your liking for that "perfect" picture. This way every device I have will then properly fit the screen without the video corruptions incurred by cropping or expanding within KODI or other devices. If you had already applied video calibration cropping in KODI settings, then simply restore them back to default 0,0 settings for all resolutions. All shoudl then be trouble free and you need have no more worries about screen resolution rates or display calibrations.

I have to say my screen now looks superb even on my 5 year old FHD TV. The only way I could really get a worthwhile improvement to my picture quality would be, whenever I can afford it, to upgrade to an OLED TV, with UHD and HDR too. OLED is a massively far superior upgrade to any LED technology screen, though of course relatively expensive still but right at the top of my wish list right now if only I had the spare money available.

• Same setup in LE7 and LE8 and when I play the H.264 1080p/24.000 sample file or movie the codecinfo overlay it says it is running at 23.976 fps on LE8 and there are visible some microstutters sometimes, on LE7 it"s running at 24 fps and no microstutters.

• I have no such probllems as I have my KODI set to Change Display rate to source. With LE 8.1.9 it has all the old main integer rounded display rates like 24, 50 and 60 fps and the fractional rates too like 23.96 as you have seen. By setting your KODI to force your TV to auto adjust it's display rate to that of the streaming source at start/stop, you should then avoid all such micro stutters you get with using the nearest integer rounded display rate as we used to have to with older LE/KODI versions.

I have the change display rate to source setting turned on at start/stop with my Mecool M8S Pro+ running LE 8.1.9 and I'm also seeing it play 24fps content as 23.976fps.