[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• kszaq:

good to hear, you are a champ!

Is the 'no signal' problem, when the 3D-mode is set to 'Preferred mode' and starting a video, also fixed

or only the 'no signal' after stopping a video?

• Please collect Kodi log and ask addon author first.

RTL2832U tuners are supported, you only need to take care of PVR backend+frontend (like with all tuners).

Received my tuner and connected to TVHeadend and accessed the configuration page, unfortunately under DVB-T network no USA listed but all other countries listed.

Please someone help me how to configure the USA OTA free channels using this DVB tuner, i try to set it up with ATSC-T selection but its not saving to the adapter network.

If someone is successful can you please share the setup guide.

Note : i already looked on the TVHeadend forum and no explanation on USA OTA free channels.

Appreciate on all the work on this community.

Thanks

• Were you able to scan the USA channels using this tuner, im having the exact box and my TV adapter is detecting but no way i can get the free OTA channels, please suggest your settings for USA channels

• Test build for "no signal" issue when playing 3D content:

Index of /s905/8.2/test/20170815/

People with RGB issue can also test it. Please use the old sysfs option to turn RGB mode on, i.e. /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

kszaq:

your devel version 20170815 works like a charm, on both C2 and Beelink MiniMXIII II.

Starting and stopping a 3D-video switches my LG-TV in the correct 3D-mode and back to 2D without 'no signal'-crash.

Also when setting 3D-mode to 'Preferred mode'.

Thanks a lot!

• HPMSGEN8 You should always try to provide logs. This time I did this for you:

Clearly there is an issue with the addon. I don't know Python well enough to help you, you should seek advice with the addon author.

• Thanks @kszaq

Well after some digging around and found something to help i got the add-on to load now no error but i cannot get it to pick up your builds. Will have to do some more digging to see if this can get done

Edited once, last by HPMSGEN8 (August 16, 2017 at 2:05 AM).

• Were you able to scan the USA channels using this tuner, im having the exact box and my TV adapter is detecting but no way i can get the free OTA channels, please suggest your settings for USA channels

When I asked if a DVB-Tx can be used in the US, I received this response. However, when I tried to follow up as shown in this post, I got no response. All I can say is a DVB-Tx is for use in EU countries while ATSC is for the US. However, if anyone (including you) who can manage to get a DVB-Tx, particularly a DVB-T2, working to receive any free OTA channels here in the US, I am all ears.

• Your DVB tuner can't work on ATSC in the US because the included demodulator will not have ATSC support.

The difference between the usb tuners often comes down to only the demodulator chip (the device that decodes the transmitted signal) - for example on my hauppauge usb dual tuner, the here are the spec differences between the DVB and ATSC versions:

Model 01590 (USB device ID 2040:0265) - DVB

Model 01595 (USB device ID 2040:026d) - ATSC

• USB interface: Empia EM28274
    • Demodulators: LG LGDT3306a
    • Tuners: Silicon Labs Si2157

There you can see the real difference is the Demodulator - both can support QAM (cable tuner) - so you could use them for digital cable if the USA didn't encrypt theirs. The DVB will tune the ATSC signal (becuase the tuners are similar) but it won't know how to decode the signal into a stream that you can watch. Sorry. If you need a simple/cheap ATSC tuner - google search for kworld ub435-q. If you want dual tuner, search for WinTV-dualHD...but know that support in LibreELEC is coming for that - it's not included in the 8.1 release. Support is included as an addon in the Milhouse 9.0 builds.

• google search for kworld ub435-q. If you want dual tuner, search for WinTV-dualHD...but know that support in LibreELEC is coming for that - it's not included in the 8.1 release. Support is included as an addon in the Milhouse 9.0 builds.

edit4ever, I knew you're an expert in LiveTV on Kodi and stationed in North America. Maybe it's a little off-topic. I own a Kworld ub435-Q but it's V2 which needs Linux 3.16 to support it (whereas V1 needs only 3.14). Therefore I used it now with RPi2 with LibreELEC, which is based on Linux 4.9 or even newer. I bet it's very difficult to find ub435-q v1 now. Is ub435-q v2 also supported by LibreELEC on S905 devices?

• When i´m doing an update of Kodi the TV has no image (Black) and then go directly to Kodi with successfully update.

I cant see update process.

Any suggestions whats going on?

• When i´m doing an update of Kodi the TV has no image (Black) and then go directly to Kodi with successfully update.

I cant see update process.

Any suggestions whats going on?

I believe same here last upgrade(s?). It's a bit scary but it does not hurt. Maybe a workaround exists.