[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Ok i se where is the problem probably,i never see this before but board is s905031.

armagani you say you have an s905x chip but no other specs.

Be as descriptive and detailed as possible. We are not mind readers!

RAM: 2G RAM ?????????????

Ethernet: 10/100 Mbps ???????

[HOWTO + FAQ] Install community builds on S905/S905X/S912 device

What device tree are you using after reading HOWTO + FAQ ??????????

According to this video:

You've been around long enough to know .

Do not post or promote external URL links to products, a name description is enough

Linking Youtube Chinese Box Reviewers is not good advice for a new member in need of help with LE.

• jeśli uruchamiasz z SD / USB, po prostu podłącz SD / USB do komputera, pobierz odpowiednie drzewo urządzeń, zmień nazwę na dtb.img i umieść na SD / USB

Mam takie pliki na karcie SD:

1. aml_autoscript

2. dtb

3. jądro

4. kernel.img.md5

5. s905_autoscript

6. SYSTEM

7. SYSTEM.md5

Proszę powiedz mi, co mam zrobić, aby nie zepsuć pudełka.

Pobrałem nr. 2

Pliki do pobrania: Indeks /s905/8.2/8.2.1.1/

Nếu bạn không biết tập tin được tải về, pobierz ten: LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.1.1.img.gz

Drzewa urządzeń: indeks /s905/8.2/device_trees/

Co powinienem teraz zastąpić tym plikiem dtb.img. Jak go znam i go zastąpić?

Edited 3 times, last by pepe500 (November 26, 2017 at 2:11 PM).

• So, you have created the image, then replaced the dtb file with the correct device tree for your box?

If so, while holding the reset button in, (if you don't know where it is, try google) plug in the power cable, the box should reboot to libreelec,

if you installing to a usb or microsd, android is safe, nothing happens to it, so if it fails to boot, try a different device tree

• Hi kszaq ,

first of all, I would like to thank you very much for all the work you are doing here!:thumbup::cool:

Now, I have not read all the 100+ pages here, so I do not know whether anyone has already brought this up, but, following up on a discussion over at kodinerds I think it is safe to say that the builds for 905X also work for 905W (another indicator can be found here) .

So, maybe you could update the title for this thread as well as for your corresponding HowTo accordingly?

Cheers,

chessplayer

• Maybe you could read those reports about LE doesn't work on S905W too. :)

Great Idea. Do you have a link? Because, as I said, the discussion over at kodinerds led me to believe otherwise :/

And I would like to add that I tried this myself yesterday, but also ran into the discoloration problem described here. Also, getting it working "in principle" by using the builds and device trees for 905X happened as described in that thread.

Edited once, last by chessplayer (November 26, 2017 at 4:22 PM).

• Before you guys ask: 8.2.1.1 build based on LibreELEC 8.2.1 with Kodi 17.6 will be uploaded today evening CET.

One Question: To update from your built 8.2.0 to 8.2.1 is it o.k. to place the .tar into .update and reboot? Or is it necessary to copy the IMG to the MicroSD? It's Odroid C2 if that matters.

Btw: Thank you for your work!

• One Question: To update from your built 8.2.0 to 8.2.1 is it o.k. to place the .tar into .update and reboot?

Yes, .tar is enough.

I think it is safe to say that the builds for 905X also work for 905W (another indicator can be found here) .

So, maybe you could update the title for this thread as well as for your corresponding HowTo accordingly?

I'm glad that my builds are working on S905W but I don't support running my builds on S905W.

• I'm glad that my builds are working on S905W but I don't support running my builds on S905W.

Thanks for getting back to me on this. It does seem, however, that in some cases we must wait to be able to force RGB output again, as discussed here. Do you know whether that is going to be the case again any time soon?

Cheers,

chessplayer

• It does seem, however, that in some cases we must wait to be able to force RGB output again, as discussed here. Do you know whether that is going to be the case again any time soon?

Amlogic messed the kernel code so much that I don't know when we will find a way to bring "force RGB" back again, sorry.

• Thanks for the quick reply. I guess that means that the S905W box which exhibits the problem will really have to go back (a pity, since at 28€ for a 2/16 box, there was so much hope ...). Or should I keep it just for the heck of it ... anyway, that is for me to decide. Looking forward to all your great upcoming releases :)

• I have also noticed frame drop problem after enable subtitle. how to enable advanced codec info through normal remote (without press Crtl+Shift+O because i have no keyboard just normal nexbox android tv box remote) To aviod frame drop skip problem.

• I have also noticed frame drop problem after enable subtitle. how to enable advanced codec info through normal remote (without press Crtl+Shift+O because i have no keyboard just normal nexbox android tv box remote) To aviod frame drop skip problem.

Install Keymap Editor add-on

Add-on:Keymap Editor - Official Kodi Wiki

and assign the right function to chosen remote button.

Guys, you need to live with this frame skip issue.

I thought it's gone in the latest update but after a day it's back.

afl1 is right. It's an overlay problem.

If you change the subtitles size to 14 the stuttering is gone but 14 is far to small.

The solution is to add a line of at the beginning of every subtitles. One line with normal font and one line with {y:i} marker because for some reason Kodi thinks that italic style is different and video stutters also when there is first italic line in subtitles.

The best way is just to accept that this problem is a part of Krypton.

kszaq mentioned many times that Krypton needs more CPU power than previous versions and the other thing is that Kodi team don't optimize code for Amlogic chips. Maybe some day they will.

I like Kodi 17 for one function: 1080p in YouTube using DASH and adaptive input stream.

The rest is a step back in optimization.

Waiting for Leia but my guess is it will be as sluggish as Krypton.

Hope I'm wrong! :)

• Have you tried;

Code
    echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq
    echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
  • Have you tried;

Code
    echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq
    echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Overheating may be an issue if you set both CPU and GPU to stick at highest operating frequency.