[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hi

you can try to add this in /storage/.config/autostart.sh :

echo performance > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq

But check the temperature of your box ;)

I have. After reboot cur_freq is 666.

Governor is ondemand.

Is there sth wrong with syntax?

(echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq)&

(echo performance >

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor)&

• The only plugin I have on my 4 boxes is tvheadend client. I will try to check the logs if they show something meaningful

• something wrong!

My box auto update to 8.2.2.3 and the dont start anymore.

Only black screen :(

What can i do?

Download a previous build (e.g. in tar format), unpack it, replace kernel.img on your SD card with either KERNEL or kernel.img from the archive and replace SYSTEM with SYSTEM from the archive.

If internal, boot a working build from SD card and do this:

Code
    mkdir -p /tmp/system
    mount /dev/system /tmp/system
    cp /flash/SYSTEM /tmp/system/SYSTEM
    dd if=/flash/kernel.img of=/dev/boot bs=1M

Reboot, upgrade done.

• The TX7 was using 8.2.2.2 whilst switched on overnight.

When i turned it back on , it found the new 8.2.2.3 image and proceeded to update.

So it looks like the update downloaded without a reboot or power off.

It looks more like the supply to the box was interrupted overnight and you didn't see the update notice.

Perhaps kszaq will let us know if any changes have been made that might result in this forced update?

• Nothing was forced, my builds use standard LE update system, only URL for checking updates is custom.

I don't know the exact internals of LE auto-update but it should work pretty much like on "official" devices.

• Download a previous build (e.g. in tar format), unpack it, replace kernel.img on your SD card with either KERNEL or kernel.img from the archive and replace SYSTEM with SYSTEM from the archive.

If internal, boot a working build from SD card and do this:

Code
    mkdir -p /tmp/system
    mount /dev/system /tmp/system
    cp /flash/SYSTEM /tmp/system/SYSTEM
    dd if=/flash/kernel.img of=/dev/boot bs=1M

Reboot, upgrade done.

Too late! Just had some sort of auto update for the first time ever on x96 box s905X and it was unusable.

So didnt discover this post until after reboot from sd card and copied to internal! BUgger. Also I see the build is discontinued as advised on page 1. Is there a reccomended location for replacement or just turn off auto updates perhaps.

If true no more then thanks for the hard work and all inputs.

MInsik

• Hi. Thanks for the update, I am waiting for Leia.

BTW - there is an error in the notification about the completion of the download (at least in PL)

Code
    01:21:06.088 T:3873919904   ERROR: ## LibreELEC Addon ## oe::notify ## ERROR: (UnicodeEncodeError('ascii', u'Notification("LibreELEC", "Pobieranie aktualizacji zako\u0144czone", 5000, "/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/resources/skins/Default/media/icons/icon.png")', 55, 56, 'ordinal not in range(128)'))
    01:21:06.088 T:3873919904   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                  File "/home/kszaq/ocz/le-master/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-devel/LibreELEC-settings-12c5f24/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.libreelec.settings/oe.py", line 127, in notify
                                                UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u0144' in position 55: ordinal not in range(128)
  • I found a solution for those who want to use hyperion-addon on this build. You must reduce the polling frequency of aml-grabber to 10 Hz. This is enough for normal operation.

• Hello everybody,

My Coowell V5 booted up this morning and after A few minutes I got A message there was an LE update.

I have rebooted and my device was updated.

Works great, as far as I can see everything works OK.:)

KSZAQ thanks for al your great work and personal help getting LE running from nand on my device.

Keep up the good work

Thanks.

• BTW - there is an error in the notification about the completion of the download (at least in PL)

This looks like a bug in LE Settings and/or Kodi. I'll pass it to other developers. I also noticed that on my primary device the notification is not shown, thank you for finding the reason.

Where to download latest nighly tvheadent service for 8.2.2.3?

AFAIK not available. You'd have to compile it yourself.

• I just read [discontinued] in the topic..

Will the next build already include Kodi Leia?

If so, does this build autoupdate to LE 9.0? For safety's sake I want to dd the last LE 8.2 build to a spare sd card before any update happens.

This build is way faster now on my 1gb box and despite of this audio crackling that sometimes happens on playback it's flawless for me.