[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• everything seems great aside from no wifi, got this from a generic amlogic s905x, under the brand EgoIggo,

I did a quick Google of this chinese brand name and from little info it looks like a TX5 Pro or Possibly Tx3 Pro.

Drivers for wifi are in kszaq's builds.

Code
    udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

Trace your steps and use correct device tree.

Please disclose the Hardware Specs :

Ram 1gb or 2gb ?

S905x Chip should be 100 ethernet.

• Hi all!

I've just installed LibreELEC 8.2.0.1 on Minix Neo U1 (Amlogic S905) and I have an issue regarding hi-res audio playback over optical digital (TOSlink) output.

My Minix Neo U1 is connected to an extarnal DAC with an optical digital cable, the DAC is showing the sample rate of the audio source.

The audio files (FLAC and WAV) at 16-bit/44.1KHz, 24-bit/88.2KHz and 24-bit/96KHz are outputted correctly, without resampling. The files at 24-bit/192KHz are not played, just silence - no sound at all - and the DAC doesn't display anything.

My DAC is capable to decode up to 24-bit/192KHz and, as far as I know, optical digital TOSlink is also capable to handle up to 24-bit/192KHz.

Does anyone have an idea why is this happening? It this software or hardware related?

Thank you!

• You need to confirm whether the extractor supports 24/192 as this is not a "standard" for SPDIF. ;)

Great, thank you very much for your help!

Probably not.

I own a HDMI audio extractor like this, just another brand -> 24 bit@96 khz

This one seems to do the job:

Toslink (SPDIF) Out:

- Supports LPCM 2.0CH@ 24bit/20bit/16bit, 192kHz/176kHz/96kHz/88kHz/48kHz/44.1kHz/32kHz

Audio De-Embedder with 3D Support

• Try it.

I guess 192khz is only supported @coax

Yes, I think I'll try a HDMI Audio Extractor. I've found another few models with TOSlink output up to 24/192, at least in their specs. :)

My old media player (Xtreamer Sidewinder) can output 24/192 with no problems over TOSlink, I've use it {too} many years. And there are plenty of DAC's with specified 24/192 optical digital inputs.

It seems TOSlink is capable of 24/192, though ...

ESI - Knowledge Base: 192kHz support of S/PDIF output of Juli@ / Juli@ XTe

24/192 over SPDIF - already possible? | Steve Hoffman Music Forums

• Oooh no ... it never crossed my mind. :( Thank you very much!

It may work to output 24-bit/192KHz audio using HDMI output, with a HDMI Audio Extractor like this?

Amazon.com: iArk HDMI Audio Extractor Splitter, HDMI to HDMI + Optical Toslink(SPDIF) + RCA L/R Stereo Audio Out, Support Fire TV Apple TV 4 Xbox One: Home Audio & Theater

I have used that under a different brand name, you can also purchase it for much cheaper on eBay, don't expect miracles with it though, I used it on an Nvidia Shield, it did allow me to extract 5.1 audio from HDMI to TOS for the surround sound system I was using at the time but you have to select the correct Kodi settings otherwise you will be scratching your head for hours thinking it doesn't work. In Audio settings number of channels 2.0, allow passthrough, enable DD AC3 transcoding and change the mode to 5.1 on the extractor. I would get some surround sound sample files to make sure sound is routed to individual speakers as well.

• I have used that under a different brand name, you can also purchase it for much cheaper on eBay, don't expect miracles with it though, I used it on an Nvidia Shield, it did allow me to extract 5.1 audio from HDMI to TOS for the surround sound system I was using at the time but you have to select the correct Kodi settings otherwise you will be scratching your head for hours thinking it doesn't work. In Audio settings number of channels 2.0, allow passthrough, enable DD AC3 transcoding and change the mode to 5.1 on the extractor. I would get some surround sound sample files to make sure sound is routed to individual speakers as well.

Thank you for you info.

I'm particulary interesed in 2 channels output for "normal" and hi-res audio files, not for surround. I only have an external DAC and a stereo amplifier, I'm not using a receiver.

I have an important lossless music library (FLAC and WAV), almost 30% of it in hi-res audio formats (24-bit/96KHz, 24-bit/88.2KHz and 24-bit/192KHz). That's why is so important to me to find a solution to output audio files over optical digital (or coaxial digital) bit-perfect, with no resampling. That's why I've choosed Minix Neo U1 and LibreELEC (btw, thanks kszaq for doing this :thumbup:).

I just wanted a single device who can handle all kind of media files and it was very difficult to find clear informations regarding this audio requirement and to find a suitable combination of hardware and software for my needs And, despite my efforts, I had a final surprise ...:P

Sorry for this small offtopic but maybe this info which came up (Amlogic does not support 24-bit/192KHz over S/DIF TOSlink) could be important for other users too.

• I'm really happy with my 905x box! Just a few things I'm wondering about/struggeling with since ditching my w10 NUC and going the LIBREELEC route;

1. Is there a way to run a clean job on the library after every scan? I move and delete quite a bit of stuff and in Kodi for Windows this was a parameter in a config file

2. If you set a non-english language as the default language on a library, you can choose a secondary language (or is it just English as a secondary if there is no match)? Is there a way to set a non-english language as a secondary one? 99% of my movies and series are English, so up until now I had to create different libaries/folders for theese.

3. Any guides/pointers to get Logitech Harmony remotes to work better would be greatly appriciated. I've tried a few different devices for the 905x box in the Harmony app, but it just gives me basic functions. Perhaps someone has published a keyboard mapping file?

For 1.: Install WatchDog:

[RELEASE] Library watchdog

Add-on:Watchdog - Official Kodi Wiki

For 3. Consider getting a FLIRC flirc.tv - Your TV - PC Remote Companion It is what I did with my Harmony 700. It might be a bit overkill, but I figured I can always re-use it on a Raspi box for instance.

• Thank you for you info.

I'm particulary interesed in 2 channels output for "normal" and hi-res audio files, not for surround. I only have an external DAC and a stereo amplifier, I'm not using a receiver.

I have an important lossless music library (FLAC and WAV), almost 30% of it in hi-res audio formats (24-bit/96KHz, 24-bit/88.2KHz and 24-bit/192KHz). That's why is so important to me to find a solution to output audio files over optical digital (or coaxial digital) bit-perfect, with no resampling. That's why I've choosed Minix Neo U1 and LibreELEC (btw, thanks kszaq for doing this :thumbup:).

I just wanted a single device who can handle all kind of media files and it was very difficult to find clear informations regarding this audio requirement and to find a suitable combination of hardware and software for my needs And, despite my efforts, I had a final surprise ...:P

Sorry for this small offtopic but maybe this info which came up (Amlogic does not support 24-bit/192KHz over S/DIF TOSlink) could be important for other users too.

As far as I'm aware this issue is not specifically related to just Amlogic, 24bit/48KHz was the original design spec for S/PDIF but as technology progressed higher bit rates where supported but both the sender and receiver have to support it. These boxes are cheap chinese devices hence I said don't expect miracles. I'm not 100% sure if these boxes are capable of a 24/192 stream, I think your best option is to build a media PC with a high end sound card, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

• As far as I'm aware this issue is not specifically related to just Amlogic, 24bit/48KHz was the original design spec for S/PDIF but as technology progressed higher bit rates where supported but both the sender and receiver have to support it. These boxes are cheap chinese devices hence I said don't expect miracles. I'm not 100% sure if these boxes are capable of a 24/192 stream, I think your best option is to build a media PC with a high end sound card, sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Yes, regarding the 24/192 audio stream on these boxes it could be like that, you're probably right. But I'll try to find a solution anyway, I'm curious ... who knows.

I already have a PC configured for hi-end audio which I'm mainly using for listening on headphones (with another DAC and headamp) and sometimes as source for my stereo audio system. But is was the time to change my old media player and I thought I could also using it for audio stuff, just for my comfort.

Thanks!

• Dear kszaq. Just tested still hot 8.2.1.1 and the subtitles stuttering seems to be fixed! I played my test file like 10 times and no stuttering at all! :)

Now I'm going to test sync audio sync issue.

Most videos played slightly out of sync in past updates. WEB-DL were in sync.

In Jarvis it's the other way around. WEB-DL are out of sync. It's always 125 ms in Krypton and -125 ms in Jarvis.

Will make tests later tonight.