[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Tried the version 9 Gendo build (by accident) and looking to downgrade and getting missing system or kernel, no matter which image I use. Using a s905 image with correct tree. Anyone help, please? Tried bothimg.gz and .tar

• Thanks for the excellent new build Kszaq as the new 8.2.0.1 works fine on my Beelink box. Have been getting a few crashes I never had before but those are in some popular unnamed third party addons and the same thing is happening now it seems with earlier LE8.1 builds, so is something it seems that is add-on specific rather than the latest firmware build. Only problem I have is still with many of my previously working auto 3D switching movie files, as mentioned in my earlier post a few days ago [8.2.0.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X.

Strange as some of my 3D movie files still auto switch to 3D as before, but some others that I am sure did work before no longer seem to invoke the normally escellent auto 3D function and need manually setting up the TV for 3D as we always used to have to do. This is true even if I roll back to an earlier LE 8.1 build that did work with the auto 3D feature included, and that I am sure worked before with some of these files that no longer auto switch to 3D. No log file unless you really need one, as I just wanted to know if there is any code that could have changed in a recent new build that even if I roll back to an earlier LE version does not get overwritten to its previous state. Can't see how that could be but I am no expert so must ask anyway.

High time you had another cup of coffee Kszaq. So as soon as I have some new stock available in a few days I will send you a nice cupper. Sadly in short supply right now. This is sadly usual these days with living permanently and happily here in Thailand, what with the weak pound and US dollar and the thieving rip off western banks too !!!

You have to have set the video stereo mode flag in the mkv header to a correct value. Mostly the 3D mkv files do not have this flag set so you have to do it manualy. Use mkvtoolnix header editor, find under the video track the stereo mode flag and set it to 1 for SBS format and 2 for the OU format. Then you can see also in MediaInfo under Video the correct MultiViev_xy settings and the format is recognized as it should be. For more stereo options see the mkvmerge documentation.

• Kszaq a big respect to your work and efforts.

I am using a C2 device with your build installed.

I want to ask if it is possible for C2 to have an HDR-SDR conversion, for all of us who do not have an HDR compatible tv/projector?

4k plays smooth(downscale to a 1080p projector), but of course i have the washed out colors.

thank you and keep up, this excellent work of yours.

• Hi, I have K1 pro connected to an old CRT TV using an hdmi->s-video converter.

These are the display capabilities:

Code
    cat ../amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap
    480p60hz
    576p50hz
    720p60hz
    1080i60hz
    1080p60hz*
    720p50hz
    1080i50hz

All goes smooth either at 1080p60hz or 720p60hz.

I also tested the native resolution of 576p50hz:

Code
    echo 576p50hz > /sys/class/display/mode

but I only get a small part of the display on the screen.

My question is if there is the possibility to force kodi video to 576p or do I have to stick with the higher resolutions?

thank you

• Tried the version 9 Gendo build (by accident) and looking to downgrade and getting missing system or kernel, no matter which image I use. Using a s905 image with correct tree. Anyone help, please? Tried bothimg.gz and .tar

Anyone help, please? :D
    Missing system or kernel error

• Hi all.

Asking for help, especially from kszaq.

I have T95X 1/8 Gb. without any problems I started on this box LE. But I have a special situation - I need to run it through the AV (RCA, CVBS) output LE and works great. But unfortunately for my tasks LE is not suitable :( . And he was the only one working with AV output. At AE AV works too, but it is only enabled after you download and run KODI. Anyway I want to try to install Armbian, but balbes150 unfortunately does not have devices with AV output and suggested to change the launch configuration yourself. Sorry, I'm such subtle skills do not possess.

Will Dear kszaq to say what to fix in Armbian from balbes150 to the ego the way he worked with the support of AV (RCA, CVBS)?

Many thanks in advance.

• You have to have set the video stereo mode flag in the mkv header to a correct value. Mostly the 3D mkv files do not have this flag set so you have to do it manualy. Use mkvtoolnix header editor, find under the video track the stereo mode flag and set it to 1 for SBS format and 2 for the OU format. Then you can see also in MediaInfo under Video the correct MultiViev_xy settings and the format is recognized as it should be. For more stereo options see the mkvmerge documentation.

Hey thanks a lot mime. I will take a look at that a littel later when I have a spare moment. Be great to fix this. Strange as I thought my Avatar SBS file worked before and now it doesn't Anyway will let you know how I get on. This info will i hope be good for others here who have a similar problem too.

• My question is if there is the possibility to force kodi video to 576p or do I have to stick with the higher resolutions?

thank you

In my builds 480p and 576p work only over analog output.

Anyone help, please?
    Missing system or kernel error

Simply do a fresh install.

Will Dear kszaq to say what to fix in Armbian from balbes150 to the ego the way he worked with the support of AV (RCA, CVBS)?

Many thanks in advance.

You can switch to AV output using echo 576cvbs > /sys/class/display/mode command. Unfortunately I don't know Armbian so I can't tell you whether anything more is needed.

• In my builds 480p and 576p work only over analog output.

Strange, I use 480p over HDMI all the time to play some SDL 1.2 ports at 480p with the fbcon driver, and the only problem I get is that the screen isn't centered (solved with this):

Code
    echo 480p60hz > /sys/class/display/mode

echo 40 0 1920 1080 0 0 18 18 > /sys/class/display/axis
  • I'd like to copy the remote configuration file from LibreELEC to my Ubuntu distro so that I can use my tv box remote when I run kodi on ubuntu, where is the location of the remote config file in LibreELEC ?

• I'd like to copy the remote configuration file from LibreELEC to my Ubuntu distro so that I can use my tv box remote when I run kodi on ubuntu, where is the location of the remote config file in LibreELEC ?

I think it's

/etc/amremote/remote.conf (or libreelec.conf)

To import a new .conf file i use \storage\.config + reboot.

Edited once, last by atreyu (November 7, 2017 at 3:16 PM).

• Quick question: Should playback of a 1080p 10bit videofile encoded in hevc/x265 work witout issues?

Or is this meant by: "...HDR are not supported, i.e. they might work but I don't provide support.."?

I'm no expert just heard 10bit and HDR may not be the same.

Well maybe I just post my issue here first:

Audio playback in certain videofiles is messed up. You hear cracking, sometimes really loud acoustic noise.

This only happens with certain x265 encoded 10 bit videofiles.

My box is hooked up to a AV receiver.

• Quick question: Should playback of a 1080p 10bit videofile encoded in hevc/x265 work witout issues?

Or is this meant by: "...HDR are not supported, i.e. they might work but I don't provide support.."?

I'm no expert just heard 10bit and HDR may not be the same.

No problem with 10bit 1080p. files. HDR is more of a 4K thing

Well maybe I just post my issue here first:

Audio playback in certain videofiles is messed up. You hear cracking, sometimes really loud acoustic noise.

This only happens with certain x265 encoded 10 bit videofiles.

My box is hooked up to a AV receiver.

I (and a few others) reported the same problem a while back. It went away for a while but, as I was ready to report "problem solved", it came back recently.

• No problem with 10bit 1080p. files. HDR is more of a 4K thing

I (and a few others) reported the same problem a while back. It went away for a while but, as I was ready to report "problem solved", it came back recently.

Thx for the info, I'll check if also happens with AAC 5.1 audio for me. Never really paid attention what kind of multichannel audio is in the videofile.

But so far I just noticed with some x265 encoded files, never with x264. But I guess video codec doesn't affect audio playback, does it?

I'll check with a sample trailer from H.264 Demo Clips | H264info.com