[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• Hi,

I'm using a Beelink Mini MXIII-II (S905X, 2GB and 16GB eMMC) and it's booting LE 8.1.8 from a MicroSD Card. Everything's working fine, even 4k and HDR. That's one of the main reasons I chose this model in particular. Now I was purchasing the same model, but with 32GB eMMC this time. My aim is to use LE as a 4k/HDR Mediacenter, using RetroPie (more storage for more ROMs) and to ditch Android as a whole. So what I did was to boot from the SD Card (LE 8.1.9) right out of the box and using the "installtointernal" script via SSH. Installation worked well, it's running fine, but I'm not able to change the resolution to UHD. HDR works, but the GUI and the files I'm using seem to be locked at a 1920x1080 resolution. Am I missing something?

Edited once, last by Gooshy (September 30, 2017 at 4:38 PM).

• Hi,

I'm using a Beelink Mini MXIII-II (S905X, 2GB and 16GB eMMC) and it's booting LE 8.1.8 from a MicroSD Card. Everything's working fine, even 4k and HDR. That's one of the main reasons I chose this model in particular. Now I was purchasing the same model, but with 32GB eMMC this time. My aim is to use LE as a 4k/HDR Mediacenter, using RetroPie (more storage for more ROMs) and to ditch Android as a whole. So what I did was to boot from the SD Card (LE 8.1.9) right out of the box and using the "installtointernal" script via SSH. Installation worked well, it's running fine, but I'm not able to change the resolution to UHD. HDR works, but the GUI and the files I'm using seem to be locked at a 1920x1080 resolution. Am I missing something?

When you say locked, do you mean you can't select other resolutions or that that thy don't work?

• When you say locked, do you mean you can't select other resolutions or that that thy don't work?

Yes. 1920x1080 is the only resolution I can choose from. Even 4k content gets "downsized" to this resolution. The other Box, the one with the 16GB storage, works just fine at 4k.

• Waiting on MeCool M8S Pro + 2gb/16gb from gearbest. (s905x) has not yet arrived.

Goal: Libreelec via dual boot using high quality SD card Samsung Evo 32gb or similar.

I will use the following. Run off the SD card for Libreelec and keep native android supplied my manufacture.

LibreElec-s905.arm-8.2-8.1.9.img.gz

dtb.img (provided by "wrxtasy" sept 29 file and place in root of sd card or overrite any existing dtb.img

Or perhaps the gxl-P212-2g dtb and rename it to dtb.img...

Leaning on the wrxtasy file to start.

remote.conf I am not sure exactly what this file accomplishes? I think it may be specific remote key mapping, but what remote?

Is this for the included remote with the MeCool M8s pro +, or another?

Is this suggested improvement over native libreelec remote mapping?

If it is for the included remote, where is this to be placed. I am guessing that somewhere in the many Libreelec files there is a

remote.conf file which is to be replaced?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions hints.

Thanks to all excellent forum..tnx to wrxtasy

Bob

• I own both Beelink, 16 & 32 Gb version.

Both working fine at 4k and HDR

But I´m running LE from SD card, there is no advantage installing internal

I own a Beelink 32 GB version and I agree.

Also, there is indeed no advantage in installing it on external.

I did once because android annoyed me but that situation has been reversed.

BobFlyer The remote.conf is for the included remote.

You can approach the SMB folders in libreelec by using the windows run box [windows key+ r] and type \\libreelec\

if it's in your network. There's a folder called config (or config files) in which you can just past the remote.conf.

If there already is a remote.conf make a back-up. That's all I have for you. Good luck.

• Huum, 8.1.9 is working fine here - with K2 Pro !!, but i was playing around with another k2 unit i got ... and just tried out AlexElec fork 2.32 - in SDCard.

I just notice he TVH is much newer then this one, also on his version - i can have Bouquets running with ... and scan for my DVB-S2 70w and also DVB-C NetHD - in Brazil was much easy and fine.

Its anything related to his dtb tree or because his TVH build ?

Can we update TVH to newer one or its really related to Libreelec build ( i didn´t tried yet play around with dtb from one to the other )

• Yes. 1920x1080 is the only resolution I can choose from. Even 4k content gets "downsized" to this resolution. The other Box, the one with the 16GB storage, works just fine at 4k.

Is this withe the same HDMI cable & TV input port?

• Huum, 8.1.9 is working fine here - with K2 Pro !!, but i was playing around with another k2 unit i got ... and just tried out AlexElec fork 2.32 - in SDCard.

I just notice he TVH is much newer then this one, also on his version - i can have Bouquets running with ... and scan for my DVB-S2 70w and also DVB-C NetHD - in Brazil was much easy and fine.

Its anything related to his dtb tree or because his TVH build ?

Can we update TVH to newer one or its really related to Libreelec build ( i didn´t tried yet play around with dtb from one to the other )

The latest TVH 4.3.513:

service.tvheadend42-8.2.200a.zip

• when do you plan to put the rgb force again on the build?

Previous approach is not working so it's not a matter of adding it but having time to dig into code and test with users - as my TV doesn't suffer from lack of this feature. Perhaps with a kernel bump (next month) it will be working again, who knows.

• Previous approach is not working so it's not a matter of adding it but having time to dig into code and test with users - as my TV doesn't suffer from lack of this feature. Perhaps with a kernel bump (next month) it will be working again, who knows.

how can i help you?
    is there anyway i can provide you logs or something like that?
    i have that problem and i do believe there are many like me.
    thanks once again and keep up with this great job!!!

• Is this withe the same HDMI cable & TV input port?

Tried different Ports and Cables, nothing's changed. But now it's working. Had to install/start 8.1.8 first, then update to 8.1.9. Seems a little odd to me, but an "Out of the Box" installation straight to 8.1.9 didn't work for some reason. At least for me!

I'm feel quite comfortable to use the internal storage instead of a seperate MicroSD Card. Cut down expenses, the possibility of a malfunction after quite a lot of Read/Write processes and overall durability. That's the reason why I want to use it.