[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.2 for S905/S905X

• LE 8.1.3

My win 8.1 pc can see the TX5 Pro samba shared folders again with the jg555' s fix (many thanks).

But the TX5 Pro can't see my pc shared files.

Any other useful tip ... or stuck with LE 8.0.2e ?

• LE 8.1.3

My win 8.1 pc can see the TX5 Pro samba shared folders again with the jg555' s fix (many thanks).

But the TX5 Pro can't see my pc shared files.

Any other useful tip ... or stuck with LE 8.0.2e ?

My TX5 Pro has this problem too.

I've managed to solve it by setting the user password in Windows.

In Libreelec go Add Videos -> Browse -> here instead of Windows network (SMB) choose Add network location...

Protocol - Windows network (SMB)

Server name - Your PC ip adress (look for it in network settings in Windows)

Username - your Windows username (not PC name)

Password - password you set in Windows to log in

Now your shares should be visible.

It might work even without setting the password but didn't try it yet.

• My TX5 Pro has this problem too.

I've managed to solve it by setting the user password in Windows.

In Libreelec go Add Videos -> Browse -> here instead of Windows network (SMB) choose Add network location...

Protocol - Wijdiws

Grazie ;)

• Can you please give me a hint how to install to internal.

The installtointernal command is well documented in these threads.

With TWRP?

You do not use TWRP to do the install. You can use TWRP afterwards by placing your android dtb and the correct TWRP build on an SD card and issuing reboot recovery via SSH.

Of course, once you have made a successful TWRP backup it can then be restored via TWRP

• Hi all

I have some question regarding the revert of an internal installation of Libreelec to Android

I have the original firmware, in the form of a .img image that is supposed to work with the AmLogic official USB buring tool and USB connection to PC.

While in the Libreelec guide, there is written that you should have the recovery.img and the dtb of the android firmware and issue a "reboot recovery".

Is it possible to use the USB burning tool to revert to Android a box with Libreelec installed in NAND?

With the Customization Toll 2.0.8, I have unpacked the level1, and I have found a meson1.dtb. Is that the good Android dtb? Can I use this dtb and the original firmware image to recovery as it is written in the Libreelec guide (reboot recovery)?

Thanks, bye

• Tried this build, focussing on livetv performance.

Contrary to the 8.0 builds switching channels is not as fast as Jarvis, but quite acceptable.

I noticed installing addons will sometimes stall or freeze anything else in Kodi and it only recovers when rebooted.

Nothing else i noticed from my couple of hours of playing ;)

Thanks again for this one, kszaq..!

• hello, I'm waiting for a s905x box. In order to see my 4k HDR 10bit video, I have only to insert this command line in autostart.sh ?

echo '444,10bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

• Skipped frames playing 1080p HEVC.

One every few minutes.

Apart from that and some SMB problems everything works.

Still, the best is 7.0.3.012.

I still have hope you will update Jarvis with full nougat kernel. That would be awesome or maybe Leia will be better alternative in a few months.

• 7.0.3.012K or 7.0.3.012L or ...?

K has early nougat kernel and in my opinion vidoes look better but it doesn't have subtitles security patch.

L includes this patch but it's kernel is back to marshmallow.

Both are very smooth and practically bug free. I'm using the latest L.

• K has early nougat kernel and in my opinion vidoes look better but it doesn't have subtitles security patch.

L includes this patch but it's kernel is back to marshmallow.

Both are very smooth and practically bug free. I'm using the latest L.

Thanks for the info.

• Greetings,

Dear kszaq friend 8.1.3 is really excellent, super working on K1 Pro.

But in WP2 the image does not boot.
    I think the dtb.img file is wrong, I am happy to check it out.

Best regards...