Install to internal

• I am very new to this, but very pleased I am involved!

With a lot of help from wrxtasy at the Kodi forum I have a working LibreElec Kodi 17.3 box. It is an (ex)Android box: X96 Amlogic S905X Chip, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Quad Core ARM cortex-A53 2.0GHZ Processor.

At present everything is running well from a 1Gb microSD card but I am wasting the internal memory (1+8Gb) of the device. Can someone please point me in the direction of instructions to move or copy my installation to the internal space and eradicate Android forever?

I have seen references on this forum to: "installtointernal" but I have no idea how to find or use it.

Many thanks.

• You need to connect to your Box using SSH, use putty or another similar program, enter your box IP, username is root and password is libreelec after you login, just type "installtointernal" (no quotes) and follow the instructions.

• floatingshed After you boot to LE, connect to your box over SSH and run installtointernal command. This will copy LE from SD card to internal memory with all your data.

I'm using s905x 1gb/8gb and after executing installtointernal how to change the dtb image for nand as i copied the data from sd card which has 1gb sd card dtb image

• It is all in here: [9.0] LibreELEC 9.x for S905/S905X

If you forgot to use a new device tree or used wrong one and your device doesn't boot:

• don't panic!
    • if booting from SD/USB, simply connect SD/USB to your computer, download a proper device tree, rename it to dtb.img and place on SD/USB
    • if booting from internal:
      1. Boot this build from SD card or USB with correct device tree.
      2. Login over SSH and execute dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 then dd if=/flash/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k
      3. Power off, remove SD/USB, boot from internal.
  • It is all in here: [9.0] LibreELEC 9.x for S905/S905X

If you forgot to use a new device tree or used wrong one and your device doesn't boot:

• don't panic!
    • if booting from SD/USB, simply connect SD/USB to your computer, download a proper device tree, rename it to dtb.img and place on SD/USB
    • if booting from internal:
      1. Boot this build from SD card or USB with correct device tree.
      2. Login over SSH and execute dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/dtb bs=256k count=1 then dd if=/flash/dtb.img of=/dev/dtb bs=256k
      3. Power off, remove SD/USB, boot from internal.

Thanks, it helped

• Really sorry to dig up an old thread. But I'm having difficulties to understand this device tree business. And I'm stuck on this last step - installtointernal. And I guess this thread was my starting point. I'll try...

I have a lovely working system (8.2.3.1) with Krypton that boots from USB. All I want is Kodi and where the preinstalled Nougat w 17.4 crashed the box at random times with whatever Kodi version I tried this system just does what it's supposed to do. Wifi, ethernet, remote control is working fine, it's a keeper and I want to install it to internal flash rom.

The box in question is a cheapie S905W w 2GB DDR3 RAM & 16 GB FLASHROM. Sold as 2018 Mecool M8S Pro w.

So I ssh'ed into the box and ran the installtointernal command and now I don't know what device tree I'm supposed to dd in there. The one on the USB stick seems lovely, but it won't work because its USB stick which is different from the internal flash, correct?

I've been reading the howto's of course which point to some device tree folders and it simply says you need to download a 'proper' one. I guess that means trial and error unless you know what a proper device tree for your device is? How do I know what the right one is? Should the original device tree not work which was created as backup during installtointernal?

Of course I've also been reading up on device trees and I get what they are, but from what I gather nobody compiles these themselves. Everybody just seems to be using whatever is in the links, no?

Sorry so many question. And in an old thread. People in the know probably sick of it... ;)

Thanks for reading

• As far as I am aware, if it runs ok on usb, you just ssh installtointernal & that's it, the dtb works on usb, so you don't need to change it.

Sometimes you have to installtointernal twice

• Hola

Hello
    , I would like to be able to put the operating system inside on the internal.
    I have a beelink gt 1 ultimate. Is there any option???? thanks for letting us keep using nexus.
    It would be great to be able to put it in the internal memory

Code
    he usado traductor 
    Code