Posts by floatingshed

Thanks for the info. I managed to get it working, sort of...

I am getting all the channels but none are watchable. The lower bitrate channels are ok-ish with just minor corruption, but the higher bitrate channels are very poor, lots of break-up, as for HD it's just constant buffering.

It's not the signal from the dish or the tuner, the results are rock-solid when the tuner is used on windows. I wonder if it is slow USB speed on the 905x.

Any thoughts most welcome.

I have been using my LibreElec Kodi for many months but not yet attempted to set it up as a PVR.

I have a USB DVB tuner, an HD Star, which is about 5 years old. I understand that new ones have a different chipset which is unsupported at present.

I have no idea how to begin to set this up, and can't find any useful guides anywhere. Can someone please get me started?

Thanks.

I have been using Libreelec for several months without this problem. I recently lost my 905 box (long story), so I've started afresh.

Everything is fine except that when I try to add a source by browsing my windows network it never finds anything. Manually adding the pc ip address fails too with "Invalid argument" or "operation not allowed".

I know the network is fine, and I can access the 905 from any windows PC.

I must have overlooked something obvious, can anyone help please?

I have googled this extensively and everyone says that the "Z" key switches Aspect Ratio, however my "Z" key displays info about the video (including AR).

All I am after is a way to toggle through the options in the video menu whilst being able to see the result.

Please point me in the right direction... Thanks.

(LibreELEC Kodi 17.3 on an AMLogic 905x)

I assume that means there is no limit (there always is withAndroid, hence my reticence). I didn't want to spend a fortune on a 256Gb and find I had no hardware that could support it!

Thanks.

I have an ex-Android box (x96 -s905) happily running libreelec & kodi 17.3. I have installed to internal to free up the sd slot, which I indend to use as media storage. Can anyone tell me please how I can determine the maximum capacity sd card I can use? Is it hardware or os dependant? Thanks.

Yes, using toothpick and the button is working as the box will not boot at all as long as I hold it in. As soon as I let the button go it boots into Android. No errors or indeed any indication that it is even looking at the sd card....

I just checked, the sd card is visible under Android so I guess it is OK.

Having successfully got LE working on my 905 box I dug out the old 805 and I have tried burning all three builds (HD18Q/MXQ/m201d) but I cannot get it to boot from the sd. When I followed the instructions for the 905 I needed a dtb.img file but I could find no mention of this for the 805, could this be the problem?

I am stumbling about in the dark here, please can someone shine a light? Thanks.

I am very new to this, but very pleased I am involved!

With a lot of help from wrxtasy at the Kodi forum I have a working LibreElec Kodi 17.3 box. It is an (ex)Android box: X96 Amlogic S905X Chip, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Quad Core ARM cortex-A53 2.0GHZ Processor.

At present everything is running well from a 1Gb microSD card but I am wasting the internal memory (1+8Gb) of the device. Can someone please point me in the direction of instructions to move or copy my installation to the internal space and eradicate Android forever?

I have seen references on this forum to: "installtointernal" but I have no idea how to find or use it.

Many thanks.