How to connect a Xiaomi bluetooth remote control

• MOD EDIT: Solution found in this POST

Hi

I hope someone can help me

I ordered Xiaomi bluetooth remote control to be used with my amlogic s905x box libreelec 8.0.2b (2017-06-12) , when I pair it it appears as gamepad icon and no key is working .

I used it with libreelec on a pc and it can be paired and all keys are working out of the box

xiaomi-mi-tv-2-tv-box-mibox-bluetooth-infrared-remote-control-cavarii-1506-17-cavarii@1.jpg

Is there anything I can do ?

any help will be appreciated and thank you for your time

Regards

• I've bought two different versions of it (the BLE one uses a CR2302 coin battery, the standard uses two AAs), and neither works with my Odroid C2. There's something wrong or missing in the 905 builds preventing its usage, because they work perfectly on every other OS I've tried, and even on Raspberry Pi builds of LibreELEC.

I've tried just about everything, but once paired the remotes get ignored and no information is passed into the logs that can help figure out what the problem is (not even keypresses).

My hope is that a kernel update past 3.14 will make a difference, but I'm not holding out hope, as Android and Ubuntu for the C2 are both still on 3.14, and the remotes work fine there. This seems to be an LE problem, and I don't have the programming chops to take it on.

• Thank you all for your help, I ordered Xiaomi remote clone and paired it successfully with my s905x Libreelec box and every thing is OK

The build quality is not that good however it connects as a remote control not as game pad and working the price is half the original one

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Link please.

• kszaq would it be possible to incorporate those changes into the new libreelec builds 8.2? Especially with the Wetek Hub, this remote is great, it even powers on and off the Hub completely perfectly (though only in android TV ROM). Please tell me if I can support in something (like giving you device ids or similar) to make this remote work out of the box.

Here is a link to the remote: Mobile - Product info

Edited once, last by vlaves (July 22, 2017 at 12:04 PM).

• Decided to do a DIY because the Xiaomi Remote really deserves to get some LibreELEC lovin'

It's the best simple remote I've ever used especially with Android TV on WeTek devices ! 8o

Work in Progress - Connect Xiaomi Mi Box BT remotes to LibreELEC devices (click)

Thanks for the support and I have to say its awesome in Android TV on the Wetek Hub, would love to get it running same way in Libreelec too, just that the context menu button is not working and unlike using it with Android TV ROM it doesn't wake up the box.

Any chance to get this fixed?

Thanks for your great support wrxtasy :)

• I have two models of the remote. One uses a CR2032 coin battery and the other uses two AAAs. Both are good, but the CR2032 model is weighted (I actually disassembled it to see) and feels more substantial in the hand, despite being about 5mm thinner. I suspect (but haven't verified) the AAA model is classic Bluetooth, and the CR2032 Bluetooth Low Energy (which would explain the battery differences).

Overall though, they can't be beaten for the price. Clickiness, size, feel and response time are fabulous and far better than what you'd normally expect for a $10 remote. Wrxtasy deserves great credit for getting these working. I bought several about this time last year and held onto them—despite no proper support or ability to use them—because I knew eventually that others would see the quality and want to get them working with LibreELEC.

• I would love to get my (the version with 2 AAA batteries) completely running, so that all buttons work, sadly the Kodi forum is down now, so can't check out the guide. Started with the script from wrxtasy, but still couldn't get all buttons work. There was an update on that thread, just can't now read it anymore. If someone has the 2x AAA version working with all buttons, maybe you can post your mapping here.

Thanks for the support :)

• I have two models of the remote. One uses a CR2032 coin battery and the other uses two AAAs. Both are good, but the CR2032 model is weighted (I actually disassembled it to see) and feels more substantial in the hand, despite being about 5mm thinner. I suspect (but haven't verified) the AAA model is classic Bluetooth, and the CR2032 Bluetooth Low Energy (which would explain the battery differences).

Overall though, they can't be beaten for the price. Clickiness, size, feel and response time are fabulous and far better than what you'd normally expect for a $10 remote. Wrxtasy deserves great credit for getting these working. I bought several about this time last year and held onto them—despite no proper support or ability to use them—because I knew eventually that others would see the quality and want to get them working with LibreELEC.

Thanks for reply.

They are working out of the box now (since latest beta) ?

Have you seen them cheaper than this anywhere?

Original Xiaomi Mi TV Box Bluetooth Remote Control 2 10 m 360 Degree Smart Remote Controller For Xiaomi TV,TV Box 3 3c 3s 3pro-in Smart Remote Control from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

• That is the exact one I currently have shipping in the mail for my ODROID C2.

I will then be able to finalise mapping and also get that exact remote added to the LibreELEC master code.

You will still have to run a simple one line script to install some u.dev rules to get it to work.

I consider these ABS plastic Xiaomi remotes the best one the market.

Design wise, ergonomics, button clickiness, repeat delay responsiveness. Xiaomi have nailed it IMHO for a simple BT remote. :thumbup:

I will then be able to finalise mapping and also get that exact remote added to the LibreELEC master code.

You will still have to run a simple one line script to install some u.dev rules to get it to work.

Design wise, ergonomics, button clickiness, repeat delay responsiveness. Xiaomi have nailed it IMHO for a simple BT remote. :thumbup:

Hi, thanks for info.

Will it ever work out of the box without scripts? I am planning to order a couple but at least one will be for someone else and loading on scripts would be a no-go. I thought the latest beta changelog mentioned support for it.

Hi wrxtasy. Could you post the one line script? I can't get to the kodi website to see the how to. Thanks!