Librespot addon

• Hi there,

is there any chance of installing the newest librespot version on LE 9?

Could it even be backported into the official LE 9 Add-on repo so it auto-updates on LE 9?

Thanks a lot!

• Hi all,

Thanks for the awesome plugin which I have used daily for years. :)

But it seems to disconnect randomly in the middle of the songs while streaming and pauses the song in the client app numerous times per day.

I was going through the log times it has happened, but could not locate the problem. I'm not sure if it is a Spotify streaming problem or librespot. Windows 10 laptop and Kodi are connected with ethernet and have the same problem when streaming from an Android phone. But it never happens when playing within the original apps but only while streaming to librespot.

I have pasted the log here:

hastebin

The last streaming stopped during this place in the end of the log file:

Code
    2021-10-26 15:27:43.132 T:1936781376  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::CloseFile()
  • Hey,

UPDATE:

I was able to fix the described error by manually updating LibreElec to 10.0.0.1. Perhaps this message then still helps someone who googles the same error message :)

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

thanks also from my side for this plugin! I had to create an account to ask about an error that librespot shows for about ~2 weeks when trying to stream something from my mobile phone.

Some unwrap error in the rust player seems to crash the addon, it then restarts but the next time the same happens.

The addon basically stopped to work without any active change to the setup, although I guess an autoupdate might have happend...

Anyone has an idea what to do here?

Thanks & best,

Caddar

• PRs raised for the update to 0.3.1 of librespot

But I would request some testers. Thanks

librespot: update to 0.3.1 and addon (130) by heitbaum · Pull Request #5891 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    update 0.1.6 (2021-02-22) to 0.3.1 (2021-10-25) release notes: https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/releases/tag/v0.2.0…
    github.com
    librespot: update to 0.3.1 and addon (129) by heitbaum · Pull Request #5892 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv
    update 0.1.6 (2021-02-22) to 0.3.1 (2021-10-25) release notes: https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/releases/tag/v0.2.0…
    github.com

If you need a zip image. Please let me know what LE version and what hardware.

• I was reminded of this app today. Installed it from LibreELEC Add-ons repository on my Raspberry Pi 3b+ with LibreELEC (community): nightly-20210809-beaa0c7 .

(I'm not sure where to find definitive statement on what version/release/patchlevel is installed: I think LibreELEC version is 10.0 while KODI version is Version info = 19.1.0 ?).

After download, it just popped up in my phone Spotify client, with no need to do anything on the LibreELEC install.

So, from the evidence of the last 30 minutes or so, it "Just Works(tm)"

I wish all software was this easy to "set up".

Thanks to the Librespot folk(s) for making it happen.

And thanks to LibreELEC, KODI and, of course, the slightly-better-paid Spotify people.

• Hello,

i have a rpi2 and it runs with

LibreELEC (community): nightly-20211203-53a5e7f (RPi4.arm). (Matrix). i have now test librespot with spotify in my local - it works. But i have found out, if i turn off my hdmi tv/beamer, then the sound produces dropouts between about 5 seconds. it can only solved if i turn on the hdmi tv/beamer.

i have reproduced it and created a debug log - you can see it here http://ix.io/3HGV

my librespot version 10.80.2.129 (Anton Voyl) (awiouy)

Regards,

Stefan

updated info:

between the rpi and my hdmi tv/beamer there is a hdmi converter to extract the audio to a optical cable

Edited 2 times, last by SB9x (December 11, 2021 at 1:01 PM).

• Hello! I understand that setting 320kbps is setting for output quality, which is then streamed as PCM to audio device - that is why all songs from spotify show as PCM 1440kbps in KODI.

I am wondering if it is also possible to set quality of input stream that is requested from spotify servers and how to see that quality.

Thank you, Jan

• i have updated the librelec to the nightly version 20211211. now i have noticed, that i can turn off the hdmi tv/beamer and no sound dropouts appears. if i turn off the power from hdmi device, then the sound dropouts are back. i extract the audio from a hdmi converter to an optical cable. (my pi is a rpi2). what could solve my problem? a parameter in the config.txt?

• The issue happens, because, theaudio source is related to the interface you are turning off...I would suggest you to use Pulse Audio or ALSA, that way you will have a pieceof software monitoring and routing the audio.