Posts by SB9x

i have updated the librelec to the nightly version 20211211. now i have noticed, that i can turn off the hdmi tv/beamer and no sound dropouts appears. if i turn off the power from hdmi device, then the sound dropouts are back. i extract the audio from a hdmi converter to an optical cable. (my pi is a rpi2). what could solve my problem? a parameter in the config.txt?

Hello,

i have a rpi2 and it runs with

LibreELEC (community): nightly-20211203-53a5e7f (RPi4.arm). (Matrix). i have now test librespot with spotify in my local - it works. But i have found out, if i turn off my hdmi tv/beamer, then the sound produces dropouts between about 5 seconds. it can only solved if i turn on the hdmi tv/beamer.

i have reproduced it and created a debug log - you can see it here http://ix.io/3HGV

my librespot version 10.80.2.129 (Anton Voyl) (awiouy)

Regards,

Stefan

updated info:

between the rpi and my hdmi tv/beamer there is a hdmi converter to extract the audio to a optical cable

I had the same problem, but i had figured out that the problem was in the settings of the smb-client. you find it if you goto to the settings > service settings > smb-client. you must change the minimal protocol to SMBv1 and the maximum protocol to SMBv3. the initial setting of this entries was none as default (that was the problem). if your SMB share of your NAS can only support SMBv1 then it will works with these settings.

in the settings > libreelec > services menu ...there are more settings to set a minimal and a maximal protocol. these are for the librelec smb (samba) share folders (update etc).

If you have a linux PC (or VM) mount the ext4 partition on the SD card and put the tar (or img) file in the .update folder.

I've just PR'ed a fix for broken USB and network on RPi2/3 https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/5863, if it gets merged in time tomorrow's nightly should be fine again.

so long,

Hias

i have also test this on linux mint. if i connect the sdcard from the rpi2 with the usb port, then i can access the storage folder and i see the .update folder - i had placed the librelec update tar file into the .update folder and reboot the rpi2 with the sdcard. a error message appears that the file in the .update folder is corrupted and the boot process will be continued with the installed version. i know the file is not corrupted and i can open it on pc.

Or unpack the .tar file and simply overwrite the boot files in the first partition which is VFAT and readable on all OS.

Its not simple. i have copied the files from the tar file to the sdcard (one to one replaced), but if i start the rpi2 this error message appers.

do you really test this procedure or what i have missed to do?

You upgrade or downgrade all in the same manner: place the .tar file in the .update folder, and reboot.

Just know that Kodi isn't exactly downgrade-friee ndly.

Hi,

its not possible to do that. in my first post, i wrote the raspberry didnt have an ip address in the network. i cant operate with the raspi and cant access the samba shares (update etc) to put the upgrade file in there.

i see only the kodi desktop. the testbuild has a bug - the version before (20211027) was all right.

how can i solve my problem - i dont want to reinstall libreelec completely.

thx

Hi,

i am using libreelec 10 (https://test.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC-RPi2…107-5cfc876.tar). before i had updated from 20211027 to 20211107 there was no problems, but after i had updated to 20211107 the rpi2 there are some problems to access the kodi.

kodi doesnt connects to the local network (i am using a static ip-adress) ). no mouse or keyboard works on usb. kodi boots up, but i cant use it.

is there a downgrade procedure for my problem or must i reinstall completely the librelec?

Thanks and Regards,

Stefan

you are right. the cmdline.txt was wrong.

i have -restarted the configuration procedure

first i had deleted the wrong entries (this was the default entry for my rpi2)

LibreELEC:~ # cat /flash/cmdline.txt

boot=UUID=1107-2955 disk=UUID=27ea94ba-c897-4e07-942f-594aaf01c537 quiet

then i had recreated the edid file

LibreELEC:~ # getedid create

successfully installed edid override for HDMI-A-1

after that the cmdline was modified by the getedid command

LibreELEC:~ # cat /flash/cmdline.txt

boot=UUID=1107-2955 disk=UUID=27ea94ba-c897-4e07-942f-594aaf01c537 quiet drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/edid-HDMI-A-1.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D

LibreELEC:~ # ls -l /flash/edid.cpio

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1028 Jul 31 18:09 /flash/edid.cpio

after that i had rebootet the rpi2 with the hdmi-converter - the video output works now. thank you for your support. ;)

Hi,

i have executed the getedid create command, here the output of the command

LibreELEC:~ # getedid create

successfully installed edid override for HDMI-A-1

but if i reboot the pi with hdmi connector for a few seconds i get a black screen on the video, but no normal video output.

here the latest

pastekodi

Hi,

thanks for your suggestion.

Between my projector and the pi2 there is a hdmi-converter. i need that to grab the dts/dolby signal from the hdmi cable for a audio receiver.

now i have found out this one:

if i connect the rpi2 with the hdmi converter, then i get no video output after the start

if i connect the rpi2 without the hdmi converter, then i get the video output after the start - if i change now the hdmi connection to the hdmi-converter then the video output works - until the restart of the rpi.

Here the results of Pastekodi and Modetest (hdmi-converter was connected between rpi and projector)