Posts by jakermx

Hello! I understand that setting 320kbps is setting for output quality, which is then streamed as PCM to audio device - that is why all songs from spotify show as PCM 1440kbps in KODI.

I am wondering if it is also possible to set quality of input stream that is requested from spotify servers and how to see that quality.

Thank you, Jan

Just FYI ...PCM stands for Pulse Code Modulation , and the algorithm do 8,000 samples per second and each one are coded in 8 bits, 64kbps....

Spotify as Youtube , Netflix, etc....uses adaptive streaming which use Input Stream Adaptive Video Player for2 purprouses that I know...DRM (De)/Codification and Performace Adaptation , thoses processes are done using a protocolor "Language" called MSL , who negociete the playback...if you want to override the auto adaptation , just filter the manifiest received.

I did it on CastangaITs Netflix AddOn, there is a parameter that limits the resolution of the propolsals...so the broker (AddOn) Decides what stream will use, instead of the Consumer (MediaPlayer).

Cheers!

The issue happens, because, theaudio source is related to the interface you are turning off...I would suggest you to use Pulse Audio or ALSA, that way you will have a pieceof software monitoring and routing the audio.