Librespot addon

• I am reworking Librespot and I would like some feedback.

Preview for LibreELEC 9.2 for RPi2

Preview for LibreELEC 9.2 for RPi4

Preview for LibreELEC 9.80 for RPi2

Notable changes:

- fanart is displayed during playback

- podcast information is displayed

- settings are reset to default

- autoplay is enabled by default and can be disabled

- display name can be set and {} is a placeholder for the host name

- RTP port can be set

- librespot is build with mdns instead of dns-sd

- the addon does not use system.d anymore

The source are here and there.

• I am reworking Librespot and I would like some feedback.

Thank you very much in advance for all the new features.

I am using Librespot on a Intel NUC and the Movie/TV-Show Audio shall be output to HDMI (default KODI Setting).

But the Librespot Audio shall be routed to 3,5mm Audio Jack (alsa).

At the moment, I manuall change the settings in the service file:

--backend alsa \

--device front:CARD=PCH,DEV=0 \

But after each Librespot Update, the changes are lost.

Request:

Please provide a GUI Setting for Audio routing / playback device. That would be awesome

• Hello pipsen,

To keep your changes after updates, refer to the instructions in the sample system.d service.

Code
    # Copy this file to '/storage/.config/system.d/service.librespot-alsa.service' and adapt it to your needs
    # Enable the service with 'systemctl enable /storage/.config/system.d/service.librespot-alsa.service'
    # Start the service with 'systemctl start service.librespot-alsa.service'
    # If you update the file, reload units with 'systemctl daemon-reload' and restart the service
  • Librespot and VPN:

VPN prevents adding users in discovery mode (but a VPN does not prevent discovered users to stream from Spotify).

Therefore, switch your VPN off to add new users in discovery mode. You can turn it back on after they have been added.

Librespot and systemd

Librespot 122 does not use systemd anymore and logs in the Kodi log.

Therefore, use the following command to read the log of Librespot 122:

grep Librespot /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

Enjoy!

• I had already copied service.librespot-alsa.service for version 121, which worked great. However, after autoupdate to 122, I had to enable and start the service before it worked for 122.

You write that libresport does not use systemd anymore, but don't we use systemd to enable alsa? :)

• Hello siz

Where had you copied your system.d file to?

To /storage/.config/system.d ?

Yes, in February when 121 was released I followed the guide. Today, after it autoupdated to 122, it didn't start, even after restarting. So I just followed step 2 and 3 again, I didn't edit or create a new file.

• I'm running it on the new version 122 on a Raspberry Pi 3 using a nightly build from Milhouse and it works pretty well. Artwork is displayed and I also listened to a podcast, jumping in time etc.

One issue: When I want to play a track from the auto-suggestions displayed below a playlist, it stops working (I removed timestamps etc.):

Code
    [librespot_connect::spirc] Fetching autoplay context uri
    [librespot_connect::spirc] Autoplay uri resolved to <"spotify:station:playlist:1rxlGK8SOz1PJgavHOXY7p">
    [librespot_playback::player] Loading <Lesser Known Good> with Spotify URI <spotify:track:3vGnW6Pg1LCFDwHAMnHuXX>
    [librespot_connect::spirc] Resolved 50 tracks from <"spotify:playlist:1rxlGK8SOz1PJgavHOXY7p">
    [librespot_playback::player] <Lesser Known Good> (300972 ms) loaded
    thread 'main' panicked at 'Spotify servers returned an error. Restart librespot.', core/src/mercury/mod.rs:201:13
  • I have updated to version 122.

Now playing stops after a track with special character in the name (e.g. Beyoncé)

Here my log from kodi.log

• Official Post

I have updated to version 122.

Now playing stops after a track with special character in the name (e.g. Beyoncé)

Here my log from kodi.log

Hi MikeCC

This is a known issue, which is solved with revision 123.

To fix until revision 123 is released, either revert to revision 121 or apply this fix manually (disable/enable the addon to activate the fix):

librespot: handle non ascii track information · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv@967bb63 · GitHub

• I'm running LE 9.2.1 on RPi 4 4GB and just installed your plugin, it seems to work flawlessly! Thank you so much, this finally got my so to use kodi for her music playback :)

I'm also using a VPN to connect to my parents where I have my media server running (emby) and this doesn't seem to interfere with discoverability of spotify connect on my local network. (But I'm not explicitly routing all network traffic over that vpn)

• Hi

I have a problem that has plagued me for some time, I also tried to reinstall everything. when i start libreelerc, librespot crashes. Ever since I updated it to version 9.2.2. If I start it manually by deactivating and reactivating the service, it works fine.

I have a Intel NUC

• Official Post

Hi

I have a problem that has plagued me for some time, I also tried to reinstall everything. when i start libreelerc, librespot crashes. Ever since I updated it to version 9.2.2. If I start it manually by deactivating and reactivating the service, it works fine.

I have a Intel NUC

Enable 'wait for network' in LibreELEC network settings

• Hey awiouy

I have a problem with the librespot addon on my Coreelec 9.2.2 setup.

I know this is a forum for Libreelec, but over at the coreelec forum nobody could or was willing to help me.

The problem is quite simple, the addon runs and i don't see any error in the kodi logs, but i can't find on the Spotify-Connect device list on my phone.

I have no idea where to start finding the problem.

Interestingly enough, i tried installing a experimental Spotifyd addon from the coreelec forums here, this time I could see the Coreelec device on my phone but the audio output was not working well.

So to me it seems like it could probably work, but something is blocking the librespot addon from being discoverable on other phones (of course in the same network).

Perhaps you have an idea?

• Hi everyone, since the latest update, I can't just swipe to the next song on Spotify. Spotify closes the window. I hope I was able to describe the problem so that it is understood :)

• Official Post

I'm running it on the new version 122 on a Raspberry Pi 3 using a nightly build from Milhouse and it works pretty well. Artwork is displayed and I also listened to a podcast, jumping in time etc.

One issue: When I want to play a track from the auto-suggestions displayed below a playlist, it stops working (I removed timestamps etc.):

Code
    [librespot_connect::spirc] Autoplay uri resolved to <"spotify:station:playlist:1rxlGK8SOz1PJgavHOXY7p">
    [librespot_playback::player] Loading <Lesser Known Good> with Spotify URI <spotify:track:3vGnW6Pg1LCFDwHAMnHuXX>
    [librespot_connect::spirc] Resolved 50 tracks from <"spotify:playlist:1rxlGK8SOz1PJgavHOXY7p">
    [librespot_playback::player] <Lesser Known Good> (300972 ms) loaded
    thread 'main' panicked at 'Spotify servers returned an error. Restart librespot.', core/src/mercury/mod.rs:201:13

Hi donski

The issue is known, but not a solution