Kaby Lake support

• Hi,

I just ordered a NUC7I3BNK to replace my old Ivybridge NUC.

Was wondering if LE 8.01 supports it, specifically:

- wlan+bluetooth (Intel AC 8265)
    - CEC: didn't understand if it's just for power-on or it's a full implementation
    - hw decoding of HEVC (also 10 bit?)
    - audio: I read about fw issues regarding multichannel passthrough audio, but that's an Intel firmware issue.

Regarding the migration, can I simply take my M2 SSD in old Ivybridge and install it on the new Kaby or should I reinstall LE?

Thanks for any advice and keep up the great work, LE is a brilliant project. :)

• Using the 'old' M2 ssd will probably work. Network settings are based on hardware, so that might give a hiccup at first.

HEVC 10bit is not being supported yet, it is officially planned for Kodi Leia. There are a couple of "proof of concept" builds floating around though.

All in all, Kaby Lake is still very new hardware, so 'YMMV' so to speak.

• Hi Foley,, i have for 2 days playing wiht the nuc i3 kaby lake, and can confirm that Libreelec 8.0.1 works out of the box (bluetooth / network)

There is bios update from 036 to 042 (if your box is not updated) and also a hdmi firmware.

i have not tried the cec yet or audio, as I was busy messing around with hevc/x265, that do NOT work with the GPU yet, as also stated.

Can confirm that x265/hevc works under windows 10 with 4k/10 bit
    [hr]
    I can also add , that i took my old ssd hd out from my old NUC i5 4250u, and it booted fine from the new I3, without reinstalling LE

Edited once, last by muggi ().

• Using the 'old' M2 ssd will probably work. Network settings are based on hardware, so that might give a hiccup at first.

HEVC 10bit is not being supported yet, it is officially planned for Kodi Leia. There are a couple of "proof of concept" builds floating around though.

All in all, Kaby Lake is still very new hardware, so 'YMMV' so to speak.

Thanks a lot for the answer.

HEVC 10 bit not yet supported: what about "standard" HEVC?

The box should be shipped on Monday, will test how things work out. :)

Thanks again.
    [hr]

So HEVC is not supported yet, not only 10 bit.

Thanks for the rest of the information, appreciated. :)

• Muggi, unfortunately Bluetooth seems not to be working. In LibreELEC settings addon, it says no bluetooth device found. I have the NUC7i3BNK

• Muggi, unfortunately Bluetooth seems not to be working. In LibreELEC settings addon, it says no bluetooth device found. I have the NUC7i3BNK

Got bluetooth working. It turned out that the firmware files were missing. See my post or this post for instructions.