Kaby Lake support

• Hi,

I just ordered a NUC7I3BNK to replace my old Ivybridge NUC.

Was wondering if LE 8.01 supports it, specifically:

- wlan+bluetooth (Intel AC 8265)
    - CEC: didn't understand if it's just for power-on or it's a full implementation
    - hw decoding of HEVC (also 10 bit?)
    - audio: I read about fw issues regarding multichannel passthrough audio, but that's an Intel firmware issue.

Regarding the migration, can I simply take my M2 SSD in old Ivybridge and install it on the new Kaby or should I reinstall LE?

Thanks for any advice and keep up the great work, LE is a brilliant project. :)

• Official Post

Using the 'old' M2 ssd will probably work. Network settings are based on hardware, so that might give a hiccup at first.

HEVC 10bit is not being supported yet, it is officially planned for Kodi Leia. There are a couple of "proof of concept" builds floating around though.

All in all, Kaby Lake is still very new hardware, so 'YMMV' so to speak.

• Hi Foley,, i have for 2 days playing wiht the nuc i3 kaby lake, and can confirm that Libreelec 8.0.1 works out of the box (bluetooth / network)

There is bios update from 036 to 042 (if your box is not updated) and also a hdmi firmware.

i have not tried the cec yet or audio, as I was busy messing around with hevc/x265, that do NOT work with the GPU yet, as also stated.

Can confirm that x265/hevc works under windows 10 with 4k/10 bit
    [hr]
    I can also add , that i took my old ssd hd out from my old NUC i5 4250u, and it booted fine from the new I3, without reinstalling LE

Edited once, last by muggi (April 7, 2017 at 11:33 AM).

• Using the 'old' M2 ssd will probably work. Network settings are based on hardware, so that might give a hiccup at first.

HEVC 10bit is not being supported yet, it is officially planned for Kodi Leia. There are a couple of "proof of concept" builds floating around though.

All in all, Kaby Lake is still very new hardware, so 'YMMV' so to speak.

Thanks a lot for the answer.

HEVC 10 bit not yet supported: what about "standard" HEVC?

The box should be shipped on Monday, will test how things work out. :)

Thanks again.
    [hr]

Hi Foley,, i have for 2 days playing wiht the nuc i3 kaby lake, and can confirm that Libreelec 8.0.1 works out of the box (bluetooth / network)

There is bios update from 036 to 042 (if your box is not updated) and also a hdmi firmware.

i have not tried the cec yet or audio, as I was busy messing around with hevc/x265, that do NOT work with the GPU yet, as also stated.

[hr]
    I can also add , that i took my old ssd hd out from my old NUC i5 4250u, and it booted fine from the new I3, without reinstalling LE

So HEVC is not supported yet, not only 10 bit.

Thanks for the rest of the information, appreciated. :)

Edited once, last by Axel Foley (April 9, 2017 at 2:14 AM).

• Hi Foley,, i have for 2 days playing wiht the nuc i3 kaby lake, and can confirm that Libreelec 8.0.1 works out of the box (bluetooth / network)

[hr]

Muggi, unfortunately Bluetooth seems not to be working. In LibreELEC settings addon, it says no bluetooth device found. I have the NUC7i3BNK