Posts by muggi

Hi Foley,, i have for 2 days playing wiht the nuc i3 kaby lake, and can confirm that Libreelec 8.0.1 works out of the box (bluetooth / network)

There is bios update from 036 to 042 (if your box is not updated) and also a hdmi firmware.

i have not tried the cec yet or audio, as I was busy messing around with hevc/x265, that do NOT work with the GPU yet, as also stated.

Can confirm that x265/hevc works under windows 10 with 4k/10 bit
    [hr]
    I can also add , that i took my old ssd hd out from my old NUC i5 4250u, and it booted fine from the new I3, without reinstalling LE

sorry, had to edit because I got 2 mediaplayers mixed up,
    this is the mediaplayer that do NOT work properly with vdpau:

Zotac Zboxhd-ND22
    cpu: Intel celeron su2300 1,2 ghz dual core, Gpu: Nvidia ION, Memory: SO-DIMM 204-pin, DDR3 SDRAM / 8 gb Max

the ASUS eeebox is connected to a 40' Blaupunkt and working with vdpau.

The log file IS from the Zbox that have problems
    [hr]
    ..and above should still be 64 bit cpu
    [hr]
    Just tested the Zbox on another screen / pc monitor (asus mx27a), same problem

Hi, I got fresh installed libreelec 8.0.0.1 generic version on an old:

EDIT EDIT:
    This is the box it is not working on:

Zotac Zboxhd-ND22
    cpu: Intel celeron su2300 1,2 ghz dual core, Gpu: Nvidia ION, Memory: SO-DIMM 204-pin, DDR3 SDRAM / 8 gb Max
    EDIT finish

It is attached to a 55" sony tv with HDMI.

It works on this box:
    Asus EEEbox EB1501CPU: Intel Atom N330 1,6 ghz dual core. GPU: Nvidia ION, 2 x So-DIMM Slots, DDR2-800 2G (UP to 4G)

The thing is, when I try to use the onboard "gpu" ION to play movies,
    by enable Vdpau , it wont show the movie correct.

When i play a movie, it will not go to show the movie playing, i can get a seek bar, but the screen still remain on the main menu.

Using TAB or the "full screen" button on the main menu do not help.

When i disable the Vdpau in player settings , it works ?

It worked with vdpau, when i sused Openelec version 4 + 5 + 6

here is the whole log file, sorry its a bit long, but i did a reboot also , to get "booting" info included:

around line 900 some vdpau errors begins 

Sorry cannot paste the logfil, as its as max 65000 lines and the log is above, so here is a link by dropbox:
    Dropbox - kodi.log

as I understand Ion should be supported