something with driver … that why even after kodi didn't started. That not installer issue, I will try port kernel config from ubuntu
no problem but that will take ages anyway I will post today build based on kernel 4.16 from ubuntu where users reported is working fine with Ryzen APU just in case if you will want test
unpack and replace KERNEL and SYSTEM on USB stick
please try this second build and also check your bios settings
updated: I found some patch I will prepare next build
please check 1 post and test, thx
Update: I read a lot of people have same problem with Debian or ubuntuQuote
There is a fix for my Debian error actually. If you have a fuzzed up image like me, where your image appears as if it had scan lines to the point that it is unrecognizable...
Firstly I reccomend you install Debian testing. And don't install it the usual reccomended way by first installing stable and then switching to testing sources, Install it by directly downloading the testing installer. That is my reccomendation.
Now if you have an Asrock motherboard or similar go to your BIOS/UEFI settings -> Boot settings and change CSM(compatibility support module) to disabled. Save and reboot.
Now the usual debian installer will boot and you will directly install Debian testing. Don't forget to apt update and apt upgrade and apt dist-upgrade(just in case), so you get the 4.16 kernel.
Now the 4.16 kernel is even more unstable with Vega 8 than the 4.17 kernel was on my Manjaro install, but the 4.17 kernel will land in the Testing repo in about a month. And hey, you now have Debian.
if you find time please test
1. Try this one with Bios Settings also they advised to update bios to latest
(go to your BIOS/UEFI settings -> Boot settings and change CSM(compatibility support module) to disabled. Save and reboot.)
2. try this build below - I updated llvm, mesa, and replaces firmware for Raven APU
upgrade first LSPCON - HDMI Firmware before you jump from Windows into LE, latest firmware have fixes for HD audio
KarstenL680 please check pci-ids from GPU - if its "15DD" should work - command lspci on ubuntu or libreleec - if SSH work.
also dmesg will helpful - maybe some modules/drivers are missing from mainboard. I don't have this CPU/mainboard- so I need logs for try get this working
also we can try add to syslinux this:Quote
gwilly7 try maybe first RUN from stick - do not use installer, then we will be see if at least booting and starting kodi
or what is readQuote
so from syslinux.cfg remove - vga=current and try again
Otter that card this is Polaris - so should works
HW acceleration over VAAPI worksCode
- libva info: VA-API version 1.1.0
- libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
- libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_drv_video.so
- libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_1
- libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
- vainfo: VA-API version: 1.1 (libva 2.1.1.pre1)
- vainfo: Driver version: Mesa Gallium driver 18.1.0 for AMD VEGAM (DRM 3.26.0, 4.16.0-rc7, LLVM 6.0.0)
- vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
- VAProfileMPEG2Simple : VAEntrypointVLD
- VAProfileMPEG2Main : VAEntrypointVLD
- VAProfileVC1Simple : VAEntrypointVLD
- VAProfileVC1Main : VAEntrypointVLD
- VAProfileVC1Advanced : VAEntrypointVLD
- VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointVLD
- VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSlice
- VAProfileH264Main : VAEntrypointVLD
- VAProfileH264Main : VAEntrypointEncSlice
- VAProfileH264High : VAEntrypointVLD
- VAProfileH264High : VAEntrypointEncSlice
- VAProfileHEVCMain : VAEntrypointVLD
- VAProfileHEVCMain : VAEntrypointEncSlice
- VAProfileHEVCMain10 : VAEntrypointVLD
- VAProfileJPEGBaseline : VAEntrypointVLD
- VAProfileNone : VAEntrypointVideoProc
link in first post
this AMD GPU should works in theory ...Quote
today I will post
Hi here experimental build with AMD GPU support
Sendspace.com Mobile File <-- updated link
- popping sound in GUI
TO TEST on Raven APU
update 1. - here build with updated mesa, llvm and older Raven firmware
update 2. - here added patch/fix for artefacts (AMD X.Org drivers - Patchwork)
update 3. - shot in blind kernel used in ubuntu with few changes for amd (reported by users as worked)
xorg 1.20 released, to build for AMD use kernel from here ~agd5f/linux - Unnamed repository; edit this file 'description' to name the repository.
also for vegam you need to add firmwares from here
PS. don't forget In kernel config turn on DCN, DC, for AMD and vegaM have separate option for turn ON
and best use LE9 source for testing this, there is more changes for radeonsi - to use VAAPI
artifacts or white dots ?