Experimental build AMD GPU (Vega, Ryzen APU)

• Hi here experimental build with AMD GPU support

Sendspace.com Mobile File <-- updated link

KNOWING ISSUE:
    - popping sound in GUI

screenshot001.png

screenshot002.png

TO TEST on Raven APU

update 1. - here build with updated mesa, llvm and older Raven firmware

Sendspace.com Mobile File

update 2. - here added patch/fix for artefacts (AMD X.Org drivers - Patchwork)

update 3. - shot in blind kernel used in ubuntu with few changes for amd (reported by users as worked)

• link in first post

this AMD GPU should works in theory ...

• looks perfect :)

HW acceleration over VAAPI works :)

• Thank you very much for your build, I am really excited to get this working, but having an issue installing. Getting this across my screen on install. I have downloaded multiple times and used a few usb sticks.

I also tried to install another version of LE and dumped the file in the update folder, but when I restarted I got the same line across the Libreelec startup screen, then the system reboots. I am using a ryzen 2400G on an asus b350m-e. Any ideas? I currently have both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 installed. I am also going through a Denon X2300w to a Vizio P65-C1

• KarstenL680 please check pci-ids from GPU - if its "15DD" should work - command lspci on ubuntu or libreleec - if SSH work.

also dmesg will helpful - maybe some modules/drivers are missing from mainboard. I don't have this CPU/mainboard- so I need logs for try get this working

also we can try add to syslinux this:

amdgpu.exp_hw_support=1

• Update: I read a lot of people have same problem with Debian or ubuntu

if you find time please test

1. Try this one with Bios Settings also they advised to update bios to latest

(go to your BIOS/UEFI settings -> Boot settings and change CSM(compatibility support module) to disabled. Save and reboot.)

2. try this build below - I updated llvm, mesa, and replaces firmware for Raven APU