Problem with 3D ISO MVC

• Hi everyone,

I have a probrem to read 3D MVC iso with frame packing 3D with LE7 on Rpi3 (clean install). (Ex : The minions). The movie start but I have two pictures with the half of the pictures (not like SBS). My samsung tv correctly turn on the 3D mode for frame packing so I think it's not the tv.

Thank you for your help !

• If you didn't understand:
    3D iso's are not supported in Kodi V16 (Jarvis). It was added in Kodi v17 (Krypton) which is still under development. So it might have other bugs. But if you want to give it a try, milhouse's build that he linked to is the way to go.

• same question from me on Intel PC (Kaby Lake) + LibreElec. Any chances to playback 3D mkv MVC or 3Diso MVC (frame packed)? My research says intel setups are not supported yet, only raspberry pi. Funny to own the latest and greatest HW and not being able to keep up with a Rpi3 LOL

Edited once, last by kszabo ().

• It's not supported and probably will never be supported. There is no open source 3D MVC decoder. I believe there was some work done for libav/ffmpeg couple of years ago but afaik it didn't go anywhere.

• same question from me on Intel PC (Kaby Lake) + LibreElec. Any chances to playback 3D mkv MVC or 3Diso MVC (frame packed)? My research says intel setups are not supported yet, only raspberry pi. Funny to own the latest and greatest HW and not being able to keep up with a Rpi3 LOL

Unfortunately you have only the option to use windows with this custom MVC build especially for this feature: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback

• It's not supported and probably will never be supported. There is no open source 3D MVC decoder. I believe there was some work done for libav/ffmpeg couple of years ago but afaik it didn't go anywhere.

thanx guys for the replies! There must be the possibility for a solution because

• kaby lake could do MVC (does it on windows with patched ffmpeg)
    • linux (libreelec) could do MVC (does on Rpi hardware)
    • ffmpeg could do it (does on Rpi and Libreelec, does on KabyLake and Windows)

These 3 should be brought together, maybe the SDK supporting MVC on Kaby lake for linux is missing from Intel.

Edited once, last by kszabo ().