Posts by Karussell

A quick update.

It looks like the issues with only getting 1024x768p wasn't to do with the LibreElec builds but was a more general problem with LibreElec>J3544-ITX>HDMI>Samsung TV

piotrasd's build also stopped working for me and I found it was an issue with HDMI. I've now changed to DVI>HDMI and everything is working as it should. I suspect the standard LibreElec build would also work now. I will try the standard LibreElec build at some point but I just want a working system for the short term.

I finished building my J3455-ITX based LibreElec setup and have the following feedback.

7.95.1 and 7.90.10 both only gave me 1024x768p and no sound through HDMI. Playback was limited to 1080p files.

I was unable to upgrade to piotrasd's build as it said it was a different build (Intel and not generic x86_64).

When I tried a fresh install with piotrasd's build everything works as it should. I only get 23.98 and 24hz but that's due to my v1.4 cable (I have a new one on order) only one 2160p HEVC file didn't play correctly all the rest were fine.

Even running the user interface in 2160p everything was as fast as I wanted. I've only used it for a night but I had no freezes or reboots but i'll report back when I've spent a bit more time using it.

So you have this box?:

Are you running Garyang's build from SD or Nand?

I have that box and I've just tried installing it to Nand and everything seems to be working apart from 4K files.

Really impressed the remote works even switching the box on and off.

Can anyone assist with getting 4K files working? I'm using the 4K, Quad-Full-HD (3840x2160) test files from here Big Buck Bunny 3D - Download both 30fps and 60fps just show a black screen.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

So it sounds like a new box for me. I was planning on using the USB on the TV to play my content as I've not got that much but the playback is unwatchable.

The hub does look like a pretty slick box I just thought the core was the better of the two. I think all my content is 23.796 fps so that wouldn't be too much of a bother. If the Libreelec build is as polished as the x86 one I'm currently using I'll be very happy with it and I'm sure it will only improve.

I would prefer an Intel box but I don't really want to build one from scratch. Something like a NUC would be good but I don't think they are 10bit either?

I’ve been using Libreelec for a few months now and I’ve been really happy with it, even the Alpha builds are rock solid for me. Good work all!

I recently purchased a new 4K TV and wrongly assumed my i5 based HTPC would support 2160p. Firstly is there any way I can get my Intel i5 3470T with Intel integrated graphics to display 2160p or is it just a non-starter hardware wise? Being a tiny PC a graphics card swap isn’t possible.

Secondly if my current hardware won’t do 2160p what should I look at next?

I quite like the look of the Wetek Core as it has support from the USB-SD Creator. Will it give me smooth 264/265 4K playback support? How long will it be supported by Libreelec?

What other options do I have?