Wake from suspend (CEC)

• Bummer. I updated two of my Pi's to this "Bob Edition" and both of them still exhibit this issue where CEC appears to be unresponsive after Kodi has gone to sleep when connected to my Vizio TV in our living room. Doesn't happen on any other TVs in the house. Some people have reported being able to restore CEC functionality by switch to their cable box or other inputs and then back to the Pi's HDMI input on the TV but that also doesn't work for me. I have to either move the Pi to a different HDMI port on the TV or reboot the Pi to restore CEC functionality and therefore wake Kodi up.

Does the pi wake up with an android remote apk like Kore

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

• Does the pi wake up with an android remote apk like Kore

I haven't tried that but it does wake up with a wireless keyboard. If I wake up Kodi with the wireless keyboard though, CEC still doesn't reinitialize and requires me to swap HDMI or reboot to get the remote working.

My TV remote worked fine with CEC and waking Kodi up until the latest major release of LibreElec/Kodi.

Edited once, last by evolart (April 27, 2017 at 2:19 PM).

• I haven't tried that but it does wake up with a wireless keyboard. If I wake up Kodi with the wireless keyboard though, CEC still doesn't reinitialize and requires me to swap HDMI or reboot to get the remote working.

My TV remote worked fine with CEC and waking Kodi up until the latest major release of LibreElec/Kodi.

Strange...not sure what s going on..mine is working fine with this update...you might need to go trough cec settings on your pi..mine is rpi2 but it should be the same fix

Edited once, last by Mario77 (April 27, 2017 at 7:56 PM).

• I m not sure about rpi3 now after the previous post...it s definittly working with pi 2

I got mixed up. The two Pi's I've been testing this on are both 2b's. I own a 3b but it has not been a part of my testing and troubleshooting of this issue. Apologies for any confusion.

I think my CEC issue may just be a slightly different CEC bug from what you many of you have experienced. A different CEC bug altogether introduced in LibreElec 8/Kodi 17 that is specific to my LG TV in the living room.

Edited once, last by evolart (April 27, 2017 at 11:22 PM).

• I think my CEC issue may just be a slightly different CEC bug from what you many of you have experienced. A different CEC bug altogether introduced in LibreElec 8/Kodi 17 that is specific to my LG TV in the living room.

It's funny how my "problematic" TV is also an LG TV. :D
    My other Panasonic TV works flawlessly with its remote, even without installing JimmySmith's update.

• Is it right, that this patch did not make it into the current release 8.0.2?

Did anybody adopted this patch to version 8.0.2?

It can be that devs doesnt take care about Forum reports much, unfortunatelly. I dont know in which LibCEC commit was this fixed, but 8.0.2 use commit 2fc92b5, I compiled latest 3953f8d (Commits · Pulse-Eight/libcec · GitHub).

I cant see Issues section on LibreELEC github, I will try to make some PR, if I will have time, to sort this out for you guys.

EDIT: Pull Request created. Hopefully it find his way into next release.

Edited 2 times, last by JimmySmith (June 7, 2017 at 3:45 PM).

• Thank you very much. I will give it a try and compile it by myself.

But it doesn't sound good what they are writing @github :(

Btw I think it is commit d1a708b (March 15th, third latest one currently) that fixes this problem.

• Thank you very much. I will give it a try and compile it by myself.

Btw I think it is commit d1a708b (March 15th, third latest one currently) that fixes this problem.

I also thinks this commit is a fix.

Which build you need? I made 8.0.1 RPi2 and can build 8.0.2 also if this would simplify :)

• If you want so that would be nice.

I want to build 8.02 RPi2 (RPi3) with fix. Right now my system is compiling (as test) 8.02 without fix but it takes some time....

(I need a new system)

I also thinks this commit is a fix.

Which build you need? I made 8.0.1 RPi2 and can build 8.0.2 also if this would simplify :)

• Thank you very much. I am still dealing with compiling LibreElec.

One machine has this gcc6 cannot compile gcc5 bug and on another machine make is crashing with segfault :/

• Is the build from Vpeter using the same libcec that JimmySmith used for the 8.0.1 fix which is working fine as the Official Libreelec is still with the same bugs regarding CEC?

Edit:yes it is..

Edited once, last by Mario77 (July 8, 2017 at 12:16 AM).