Kodi.Tv domain seized by authorities.

• If a joke ICE notice with a Rick Roll link on the page source gets put on kodi.tv website on April 1 then it's clearly a prank by Team Kodi. They do something every year but this is the first time they have broken the support forum, download links, add-on repos etc. I don't know why you are confused (or pretending to be confused) by this.

It's a joke, which is fine, but pulling everything offline isn't necessary.

I get that. And I give up.
    For myself I'll wait and see.

• Official Post

In the UK we observe the 12 noon custom - i.e. the "joke" is not valid after Noon (In the Global world - whose Noon?)

The earliest reference is on Aug 11, 1855 by a correspondent who noted that it was a tradition in the county of Hampshire that those who played pranks after twelve o'clock on April 1 would be greeted by the following verse:

April fool's gone past,
    You're the biggest fool at last;
    When April fool comes again,
    You'll be the biggest fool then.

So Kodi - take note.

IF it's not a joke then Homeland security certainly have a sense of humour.

• It sounds like the addon repos (and mirror system) being down is actually unrelated to the joke. I don't know if it's true, but I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to Team Kodi.

• How exactly did kodi.tv being down bork your system? Mine works fine :)

Updating to krypton when repos are down will do it.
    Sometimes shit happens. If it's deliberate it's something else.

Edit:
    Seriously? The most common word for excrement is asterisked?
    Is this a creche?

Edited once, last by trogggy (April 1, 2017 at 7:57 PM).

• How exactly did kodi.tv being down bork your system? Mine works fine :)

Where did I say it borked my system?

On reddit and elsewhere there are reports of issues including systems left in a frozen/broken state during migration from Jarvis to Krypton.

There are also dozens of reports of people troubleshooting for an hour or two having not visited kodi.tv and totally unaware of the prank.

If this downtime had been the result of unavoidable technical issues that's one thing, sh*t happens. But when everything is deliberately pulled down for 24hrs just to make a prank more convincing, that's just silly and totally unnecessary.

• My question would be is it just a prank? Or are they trying to make a point? With all the attention fully loaded kodi boxes are getting lately. The premier league over in the UK targeting them. And amazon announcing there going to be cracking down on them. My guess would be it's an April fools joke but one with a definite point trying to be made.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• My question would be is it just a prank? Or are they trying to make a point?

You are probably right.

"See what could happen if you continue to promote illegal use of kodi system"

Edited once, last by grael (April 1, 2017 at 9:02 PM).

• You are probably right.

"See what could happen if you continue to promote illegal use of kodi system"

If that was the goal, then this is not a very effective way to do it. Most of those users will just assume it was a technical problem and never even check Kodi.tv. Or rather, most won't even know there was a problem, because nothing normally happened on an existing install, once set up.

Even if a significant portion saw and understood the point, most users wouldn't know how to help such a situation.

They took a day of fun and made it a soapbox. I guess I can't blame them, I know the frustration they feel, but this was a sour moment.