Posts by Ned Scott

You are probably right.

"See what could happen if you continue to promote illegal use of kodi system"

If that was the goal, then this is not a very effective way to do it. Most of those users will just assume it was a technical problem and never even check Kodi.tv. Or rather, most won't even know there was a problem, because nothing normally happened on an existing install, once set up.

Even if a significant portion saw and understood the point, most users wouldn't know how to help such a situation.

They took a day of fun and made it a soapbox. I guess I can't blame them, I know the frustration they feel, but this was a sour moment.

ATSC does have embedded OTA data, but support for it is basically non-existent in open source. Most of the people working on this stuff are in countries that use the DVB standards. It's to the point that most of us have just accepted getting yearly subscriptions from a place like schedulesdirect.com.

Even in the commercial/closed source world, ATSC EPG support is not as good as it is for DVB. I've been testing software for over a month to correct an ATSC EPG issue for work, and only recently did we have success with this particular bug.

Being in an ATSC country is like being a Mac user in a Windows world in the late 90s :/

As for FM radio, I don't know if the Play ATSC tuner (same tuner for Play1, OE edition, and Play 2) has a chip that can get FM, but I'm fairly sure (70% sure) there is no support for tuning it to FM in the software drivers.

mmk

Hardkernel already makes a quality S905 device, the ODROID-C2, that is less expensive than WeTek's Hub (if you don't need the support and DRM support, don't plan on marketing certain audio abilities, etc).

Then there's Xaiomi's S905 devices, and I really doubt you are going to beat their prices.

Sorry, but you're just another middle-man trying to make a quick buck, in a market that is already over saturated with options.

Feature. WeTek remotes now have a specific keymap in v17. You can still trigger fullscreen by long-pressing back, or remap it using a keymap (or keymap editor add-on).

Is it good or bad in your opinion? I'm thinking of setting it so that PVR is back to the old behavior, but normal video stops when pressing back. Would that be better?

Feedback is feedback, so feel free to be honest :)

You can even use path subs for sources.xml, meaning the advancedsettings.xml file will define the path to sources.xml, and you only have to bother with one file.

If that's still not enough, just make a second profile on Kodi. The master/default profile won't use MySQL, and you will boot up to the profile log-in screen. By the time Kodi shows this window, and you select your real/secondary profile, your network connection will be up.

See PVR Search broken?

PVR search being broken and being told "it's only fixed in v17" for something seemingly so simple, that just doesn't seem right.

I know patches like this that deviate from upstream projects are normally avoided, but the only reason this was rejected was because some people in the Kodi project don't understand how bugfix releases are supposed to work (or seem opposed to LTS...)

I have no strong feelings on it, but I thought I would throw it out there.

mc2xml has an arm version, but last I heard was that it was only available if you contact the author of mc2xml directly (and maybe donate/pay for it?).

I'm looking into this myself on behalf of WeTek. If I have any success I will try to leave a note here about it.