Minor PVR search fix (rejected upstream because Kodi v16.x is EOL)

• See PVR Search broken?

PVR search being broken and being told "it's only fixed in v17" for something seemingly so simple, that just doesn't seem right.

I know patches like this that deviate from upstream projects are normally avoided, but the only reason this was rejected was because some people in the Kodi project don't understand how bugfix releases are supposed to work (or seem opposed to LTS...)

I have no strong feelings on it, but I thought I would throw it out there.

• I tested Kodi 17 beta 3 several days ago and this fix was still not included.

Just wanted to bring it to the top of the list since it may have been forgotten about.

• vpeter is using the same based version of Kodi that all other LE builds are using which will include that fix, so it may be a different issue?

I think you're right. I was going to build my own image so I downloaded and checked the source code. Even in 16.1 version of Kodi that is in 7.0.2 LibreELEC, the supposed fix mentioned in this post was already implemented (the fix is just adding one line to the code and that line is in the same location in the same file in the source code I downloaded).

So the issue must be somewhere else or it cannot be fixed this way in 16.1. I downloaded one of the nightly builds of Kodi 17 on my x86 laptop and the EPG search works there correctly. On my Cubox is still behaves the same way as it is mentioned in the Kodi forum post.

• I will try the image that vpeter made several days ago again (7.90.007 with 3.14 kernel) but I already tested it and the fix was not incorporated. Maybe it's the way vpeter makes the 3.14 kernel images for imx6 and he doesn't pull the fix into the build process. I'll test again.

This is included in my build.

• Technically, there were more bugs in the epg search than the one liner people talk about here. Visual result of these other bugs, however, also was an empty search window. All these bugs should be fixed in upcoming Krypton beta 4 (but not in beta 3).

Edited once, last by ksooo (October 21, 2016 at 3:52 PM).