Posts by pajtaz

I found out I can disable/enable addon using JSON-RPC and also I can do it using the Sleep/Resume script per LibreELEC wiki. What I did was create a script named 01-restart_pvr_client.power, created "sleep.d" folder in ".config" folder, put the script there. Now it executes upon Resume and it first disables TVH PVR Client then enables it after 10 seconds. This fixes my problem for now.

Hello,

Running LibreELEC 9.2.4 but same issue since 9.0. Using Tvheadend PVR Client (pvr.hts) addon to connect to Tvheadend backend on a different machine. My LibreELEC system is set up to go to Suspend after 15 minutes of inactivity. Once it goes to Suspend, I awake LibreELEC using Yatse or by pressing power button (Intel NUC). Once it wakes from suspend, TVH PVR Client does not seem to start or connect to the backend. It is showing information (for example, programs currently recording) from the moment LibreELEC went to Suspend.

It will stay like this until I attempt to do something with TVH, for example watch channel or play recording. TVH PVR Client then re-connects to the backend, re-loads guide, refreshes recording list, etc. and typically does not play the channel or recording. This behavior is consistent, it happens every time from Suspend (or so it seems that way). This behavior has been mentioned before on various forums and I believe it is up to the addon creator to fix it.

I can "fix" this problem if LibreELEC can automatically restart an addon upon Wake or if I can disable then enable TVH PVR Client addon. Is this possible using a script? Specifically can I do with with TVH PVR Client addon?

Meganiekje thank you very much! This fixed my problem! Oh that is such a relief. I was already spending way too much time looking for a way to create Chromium with hardware acceleration for use in LibreELEC.

I just tested it on Ziggo Go and it worked beautifully. I only use Chrome for Ziggo Go, for everything else I use LibreELEC. I specifically purchased NUC so I can have everything on one system, rather than always having to move my laptop towards the TV and then connecting it to the TV.

Again, thank you, this seems to have fixed the problem with video tearing and acceleration on my NUC.

Maybe you can search for ready to use binaries that have vaapi already build in and just copy over to LE

Is that possible? That would be the easiest way. How do I then "integrate" the binary into Chromium for LE?

Or do you mean find a binary of Chromium with built in vaapi? For which linux distribution? I found Chromium with VAAPI for Ubuntu (Ubuntu Testing Chromium) but I don't know how that would work with LE.

Hello,

I would like to build Chrome or Chromium with VAAPI hardware acceleration like this one user built Chromium in this thread: Chromium? I have no idea where to start so maybe someone can help me get started with doing this.

My main motivation for this is that the Chrome that is installed in LibreELEC 9.0.2 or later does not have hardware acceleration any more for my Intel NUC. It was there before when I used one of these Chromes built by another user (for example, version 69 by user olehenrikj that I downloaded from his site). Now the hardware acceleration is not there any more (or at least it cannot be used for site Ziggogo.tv for which I need Chrome). Video playback if full of tearing and is really not enjoyable. Before September of this year with older version of Chrome, it was perfect, smooth, using hardware acceleration.

Obviously users have managed to build Chrome/Chromium with VAAPI hardware acceleration for Intel NUC for LibreELEC but nobody has explained how and where to start. So if anyone can point me to a site with some explanation of how to do this or list a few points to get me started, I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

So I bit the bullet and installed LibreELEC 9.0.2. I had to deal with the change in deinterlacing in Kodi 18 and a few minor issues with remote control and the amber skin. Chrome though works perfectly with Ziggogo.tv and live TV seems to be ok. Seems latest Chrome is installed now and it can play Ziggogo.tv videos. So this is not an issue for me any more (or at least until Ziggo decides to change the website again!).

Hello,

I have NUC with LibreELEC 8.2.5 on it and Chrome version 69 (not Chromium). This Chrome is an addon that some user somehow compiled specifically for LibreELEC. I needed to use this Chrome to be able to watch Ziggogo.tv in Netherlands, which is my cable TV provider’s web player for live TV, on demand, and replay TV. Chromium didn’t work so I found on this forum a post where this user compiled Chrome and another user said it worked with Ziggogo.tv.

However ... something changed in September and this version of Chrome also cannot play anything on this site any more. Cable TV provider customer service is of no help because even though nothing changed on my side, since the site works with all latest browsers, they don’t care. So now I need somehow a later (or latest) version of Chrome. Since it seems nobody has a newer version for LibreELEC 8.2.5, I am now considering upgrading to 9.0.2.

What is the version of Chrome addon that I can download for LibreELEC 9.0.2? Since I have read many issues on these forums with LibreELEC 9.0.2 and later versions (issues with IR remotes, live TV, etc.), I was reluctant to upgrade my currently super stable version. However if I can again play videos on Ziggogo.tv in Chrome, I would be willing to upgrade and work on fixing any possible issues.

Additionally, is it somehow possible to get a later version of Chrome for LibreELEC 8.2.5? The user who compiled the one I use now has stopped making new versions and has stopped posting to the forum. I can’t find anything on internet.

Thank you ahead for any help.

Ok it's really time to stop the Chinese spammers. It seemed to have started few weeks ago with few posts and now they have completely flooded the forum. What can the forum moderators do to stop them?

Personally, I am all for changing the way the accounts are created to make it harder for bots/spammers to sign up. I am also for forcing some kind of two-factor authentication every time you need to log in and forcing time-out of logins, if this stops the spamming.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe there are some spam experts on the forum who can help out the moderators.

I know you are now trying alternative tools to tune the channels because of your initial problem with Tvheadend. I would suggest though that at this point you should go to Tvheadend forum and ask the questions there. They will be able to help you with either tuning problems in Tvheadend or how to make other tools work with Tvheadend.

Tvheadend Forum

It should not be too difficult. For example, I have two networks set up in my Tvheadend. One is from my cable TV provider and the other is IPTV. The one from cable TV provider has channel numbers up to 999. So I set up the channels from IPTV network to start from 1000 and as I was creating the network, I checked the box "Create bouquet". As the network was being created, the channels were automatically listed under the bouquet of the name of the network and channel numbers were assigned starting from 1000. Then in Kodi (as long as the settings are for Kodi to pick up channel numbers, groups, and channel order from backend) you can simply select the channel group you want to see. This way for each network you can create a bouquet (or channel group in Kodi) and whenever you arrive at new location, just select the relevant channel group in Kodi. This way you will only see the channels from the location you are currently in and Tvheadend would only tune to channels of that network.

I would suggest a "simple" solution - do not run the wizard.

You will have to do everything manually but it is not that much work. Also, why don't you just create a new network for each location (Networks) and then when you arrive at the new location, set the priority of that network higher (higher value = higher priority) and then that network's muxes will be used. You can create Bouquets of channels for each network (Bouquet) and give those channels a particular starting channel number so you know where each network's channels are starting. Don't ever delete any networks, just keep them all and keep changing priority.

Did you check what your settings are for recording lifetime in Kodi? Go to Settings -> PVR & Live TV -> Recording and see what your setting is for "Default recording lifetime". Default setting is "99 days" so if you did not change this, every time you schedule a recording from Kodi it will tell Tvheadend to set the lifetime to 99 days.

You also need to check DVR Log retention time (days) in Tvheadend (Configuration - Recording - Digital Video Recorder Profiles). I believe this is set to 90 days by default in Tvheadend. If this setting is there, I believe Tvheadend will simply remove the recording from the list even if it was set to Forever.

Anyway, check these two settings and see if they are correct and if changing them fixes your problem.

Changing User Agent did not help. It was an issue with Chromium itself, this specific version.

After reading some forums I found out that somebody managed to get Chrome addon with Chrome rather Chromium. See post and thread here: Chromium?

So I went to this user's site and downloaded few different versions he made. Installing version 65 instead of the addon available in LibreELEC repository made it work. Case closed for now.

Hello,

This is a specific issue with trying to use Ziggogo in Chrome addon. I am hoping someone can help me. There was a user who said they managed to run Ziggogo in Chrome addon but that user is not replying to my message. Maybe someone else can help.

In this post a user stated they successfully played videos on Ziggogo.tv on NUC machine running LibreELEC: Google Chrome addon no audio

I also have NUC with LibreELEC 8.2.5 on it and Chrome addon. I am also a Ziggo customer in Netherlands and I tried Ziggogo.tv in the Chromium (Chrome addon). I could not play anything. I kept getting the message, "het afspelen via deze browser wordt niet ondersteund", which means the playback is not supported by this browser. I tried changing various settings in the Chrome addon but could not get it to work.

Can anyone help?

Well, I fixed this problem myself. Since Kodi was not recognizing KEY_FAVORITES and the other two buttons shared the "key id", I figure maybe there is a way to change the way Kodi recognizes the buttons by changing the name of the button. So I listed all button names by SSH-ing into LibreELEC and running "irrecord -l namespace". After a bit of trial and error, I found button names for KEY_FAVORITES and KEY_EXIT that Kodi recognizes and that are unique.

In order to use my Favorites button on my remote as Context Menu button, I used KEY_TITLE for the button. In order to use Exit button on my remote as "go to home screen" button, I used KEY_HOME. What I did was open up my remote control keymap file in "/.config/rc_keymaps" and edit the file to change the KEY_FAVORITES to KEY_TITLE and KEY_EXIT to KEY_HOME. I saved then went edited "/.kodi/userdata/Lircmap.xml" file to also change KEY_FAVORITES to KEY_TITLE and KEY_EXIT to KEY_HOME. I kept the <title> for KEY_TITLE and <epgsearch> for KEY_HOME. I then used Keymap Editor to assign KEY_TITLE to Context Menu in Global. I did not have to do anything for KEY_HOME.

Once I did this, I rebooted and now remote control works like it did in Kodi 16.1 and LibreELEC 7.0.2. Problem solved!

You are right, I realized you had a different problem after I posted a reply. I read your post too quickly.

Anyway, can you make the SMB share using commands in Linux instead of making a share in LibreELEC? That could make it faster.