Recordings Being Deleted

• I have a very big problem, my recordings older than 3 months keep getting deleted. How can i stop this?

I am using Tvheadend as my backend and I cannot find an option anywhere to stop this and I have lost lots of recording I wished to keep.

I have all my timer rules and the default recording settings set to Forever in the TVH addon.

Is this the default behaviour? I did not even know this feature existed until I went to watch something and it had gone!

• Did you check what your settings are for recording lifetime in Kodi? Go to Settings -> PVR & Live TV -> Recording and see what your setting is for "Default recording lifetime". Default setting is "99 days" so if you did not change this, every time you schedule a recording from Kodi it will tell Tvheadend to set the lifetime to 99 days.

You also need to check DVR Log retention time (days) in Tvheadend (Configuration - Recording - Digital Video Recorder Profiles). I believe this is set to 90 days by default in Tvheadend. If this setting is there, I believe Tvheadend will simply remove the recording from the list even if it was set to Forever.

Anyway, check these two settings and see if they are correct and if changing them fixes your problem.