Chrome in LibreELEC 9.0.2

• Hello,

I have NUC with LibreELEC 8.2.5 on it and Chrome version 69 (not Chromium). This Chrome is an addon that some user somehow compiled specifically for LibreELEC. I needed to use this Chrome to be able to watch Ziggogo.tv in Netherlands, which is my cable TV provider’s web player for live TV, on demand, and replay TV. Chromium didn’t work so I found on this forum a post where this user compiled Chrome and another user said it worked with Ziggogo.tv.

However ... something changed in September and this version of Chrome also cannot play anything on this site any more. Cable TV provider customer service is of no help because even though nothing changed on my side, since the site works with all latest browsers, they don’t care. So now I need somehow a later (or latest) version of Chrome. Since it seems nobody has a newer version for LibreELEC 8.2.5, I am now considering upgrading to 9.0.2.

What is the version of Chrome addon that I can download for LibreELEC 9.0.2? Since I have read many issues on these forums with LibreELEC 9.0.2 and later versions (issues with IR remotes, live TV, etc.), I was reluctant to upgrade my currently super stable version. However if I can again play videos on Ziggogo.tv in Chrome, I would be willing to upgrade and work on fixing any possible issues.

Additionally, is it somehow possible to get a later version of Chrome for LibreELEC 8.2.5? The user who compiled the one I use now has stopped making new versions and has stopped posting to the forum. I can’t find anything on internet.

Thank you ahead for any help.

• So I bit the bullet and installed LibreELEC 9.0.2. I had to deal with the change in deinterlacing in Kodi 18 and a few minor issues with remote control and the amber skin. Chrome though works perfectly with Ziggogo.tv and live TV seems to be ok. Seems latest Chrome is installed now and it can play Ziggogo.tv videos. So this is not an issue for me any more (or at least until Ziggo decides to change the website again!).