Activation Email

• I didn't get any activation email within 2 days. There's nothing in my spam folder. Can I request the email again?

• Hi All !!

FYI: Hotmail.com ate my activation message - not even in Junk or Spam folder.

Thanks to Jon for following through and finalizing my registration finalized.

• Nothing to do with tapatalk, it's Microsoft being stupid with our registration emails. We've deployed all the correct stuff (SPF, DKIM, DMARC) to ensure that our email is not seen as spam and it is handled normally by all the other services. However for some reason MS considers it bad and messages are silently discarded on their side (we deliver it successfully to them). Sadly the MS help portals are deliberately vague to avoid assisting spammers and are thus not helpful. I have a professional background architecting huge-scale email infrastructures, and honestly, I can't fathom out why they are blocking us.

• Nothing to do with tapatalk, it's Microsoft being stupid with our registration emails. We've deployed all the correct stuff (SPF, DKIM, DMARC) to ensure that our email is not seen as spam and it is handled normally by all the other services. However for some reason MS considers it bad and messages are silently discarded on their side (we deliver it successfully to them). Sadly the MS help portals are deliberately vague to avoid assisting spammers and are thus not helpful. I have a professional background architecting huge-scale email infrastructures, and honestly, I can't fathom out why they are blocking us.

As far as I know, for ms, new domains or ip addresses start out with a poor reputation and you have to build it. With Google and yahoo, they start out with a decent one.

Therefore it's pretty common for emails from new domains or ip addresses to get marked as spam by Microsoft at first. You have to click on "not spam" in Hotmail or outlook a few times before they start going into the inbox.

I experienced that multiple times with Microsoft and it's really annoying.

Edit: I keep a few Hotmail and Outlook accounts active just for this purpose. Whenever I set up emails with a new domain or ip, I send a bunch of emails to those accounts and hit "not spam" until they start going into the inbox.

Edited once, last by aptalca (April 4, 2016 at 5:00 PM).

• To LibreELEC forum users with Outlook.com e-mail accounts,

I have found a workaround for getting around the Outlook.com spam filter:

• Open a web browser and login to Outlook.com
    • Click on the settings icon (looks like a gear) in the top right hand corner of the page
    • When the menu comes down, click on Options
    • In the Options List, under Preventing junk emails category, click the Safe and blocked senders option.
    • Next, click the Safe Senders option.
    • In the text box with the heading Sender or domain to mark as safe, type in the following:
      [email protected]
    • Then, click the Add to List >> button.
    • Click on the Outlook.com writing/button in the top left hand corner of the page to get back to your Inbox.
    • On another browser Window, login to the LibreELEC forum web page.
    • To trigger an Activation E-Mail send, try to post something in the forum or click on the private message button
      in the top left-hand corner of the page (looks like an envelope).
    • Follow the instructions on the page, enter your Outlook/Hotmail address and send it.
    • Check your Inbox and follow the instructions in the Activation E-Mail to activate your LibreELEC forum account.

I hope this helps people with an Outlook.com e-mail account. It fixed the problem for me.

Please Note:
    I have noticed on the forum site in the user profile options there is no button/option to resend an activation e-mail. Is it possible
    this could be added to the user account profile page somewhere?

Edited once, last by J876 (April 26, 2016 at 12:05 AM).

• Tried this but I can't get the activation e-mail to send. I was able to post something in the "Off-Topic" forum and clicking the privat emessage button just takes me to my private message screen.