Posts by J876

To: LibreELEC Wiki maintainers

Can someone please update the Wiki for building LibreELEC from source.

The following entries for building for RaspberryPi1 (the target I am building for) is incorrect and throws an error.

In LibreELEC Wiki as of 16/04/2017:

Code
    PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm

This should be:

Code
    PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi ARCH=arm

If you don't include the new "DEVICE=" field the build script throws an error.

Examples:

Code
    # This will throw an error

PROJECT=RPi ARCH=arm make image

Code
    # This works for RaspberryPi1 Target

PROJECT=RPi DEVICE=RPi ARCH=arm make image

I haven't tested the other combinations/targets.

Please update the LibreELEC Wiki so that it shows the current syntax for the different targets.

Link to out-of-date page:

Compile - LibreELEC

Thank you for your assistance.

Probably not much help to you both, but this issue should be fixed in Kodi 17 / LE 8.

Thanks for the update.

I have been giving LibreELEC a spin with Krypton on my RaspberryPi 1 Model B+.

So far it has been running very well until a recent Kodi crash loop (I have posted my logs in this forum).

chewitt has replied about the status of this known bug.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

It is good that there is so many people working on great opensource projects such as LibreELEC and Kodi.

To: The LibreELEC community

I have the following LibreELEC setup:

Hardware: RaspberryPi1 Model B+

LibreELEC build version (compiled from source):

LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20160503001502-r22968-g15d32f0
    LibreELEC git: 15d32f0194642fb1a6afa12c148d3b5fd33d67db

I am suffering a constant Kodi crashloop and I cannot figure out why it is happening.

I have even done a clean install and when I tried to access the addon repositories all the pre-installed addons started updating
    and I have been in this crash loop ever since.

I was still able to SSH into my RaspberryPi and I switched on the Kodi debug logging using the advancedsettings.xml file.

I have uploaded the following files to a pastebin site:

Please help, my RaspberryPi media centre is unusable at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Tried this but I can't get the activation e-mail to send. I was able to post something in the "Off-Topic" forum and clicking the privat emessage button just takes me to my private message screen.

Is your account already activated with another e-mail account? If it has, your account is already activated even if you change the e-mail address.

If your account has already been activated and you are able to post you just need to change your e-mail address in your account settings to
    your hotmail/outlook.com address.

An automated e-mail from the LibreELEC forum will confirm the change if [email protected] is in your safe senders list.

Try changing your e-mail address in your profile to your Hotmail/Outlook account on your LibreELEC forum page to see if it works.

To LibreELEC forum users with Outlook.com e-mail accounts,

I have found a workaround for getting around the Outlook.com spam filter:

• Open a web browser and login to Outlook.com
    • Click on the settings icon (looks like a gear) in the top right hand corner of the page
    • When the menu comes down, click on Options
    • In the Options List, under Preventing junk emails category, click the Safe and blocked senders option.
    • Next, click the Safe Senders option.
    • In the text box with the heading Sender or domain to mark as safe, type in the following:
      [email protected]
    • Then, click the Add to List >> button.
    • Click on the Outlook.com writing/button in the top left hand corner of the page to get back to your Inbox.
    • On another browser Window, login to the LibreELEC forum web page.
    • To trigger an Activation E-Mail send, try to post something in the forum or click on the private message button
      in the top left-hand corner of the page (looks like an envelope).
    • Follow the instructions on the page, enter your Outlook/Hotmail address and send it.
    • Check your Inbox and follow the instructions in the Activation E-Mail to activate your LibreELEC forum account.

I hope this helps people with an Outlook.com e-mail account. It fixed the problem for me.

Please Note:
    I have noticed on the forum site in the user profile options there is no button/option to resend an activation e-mail. Is it possible
    this could be added to the user account profile page somewhere?

I just switched from OpenELEC to LibreELEC and installed from scratch. While trying to install Simple IPTV from LibreELEC repo I keep getting "Can´t connect to repository". Is it currently down? I am using a dev build compiled from source -> LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-devel-20160423072537-r22825-gf1aef79

I have the same error:

Here are my LibreELEC Build Details for RaspberryPi1 Model B+:

LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20160424002111-r22825-gf1aef79
    LibreELEC git: f1aef79fdbc4333bb90dcee8180e99c14e9c076f

Here the pastebin of my kodi.log (expires after 1 month):

ZNCiiwGF

Here is a screenshot:

dAImsP3.png

I am running LibreELEC on a RaspberryPi1 Model B+ with the following build (compiled from source):

LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20160417124006-r22725-gf20aadc
    LibreELEC git: f20aadc761bb2779cc9972a79b77f189022f2403

It appears with a clean install using a blank SD card using the image method (Win32DiskImage) the /storage/backup
    directory does not get created on the SD card.

This folder is the default directory for LibreELEC System and Kodi backup and there is a Samba share for
    this folder in the /etc/samba/smb.conf file.

I just thought I'd better bring this to the attention of the community because it may have been omitted by mistake.

Thanks in advance.

Hello to the LibreELEC community.

I have LibreELEC running on my RaspberryPi Model B+ that I compiled from source.

LibreELEC (community) Version: devel-20160412185029-r22646-g4069754
    LibreELEC git: 4069754edd2ed04f24bc11ce81c7a14064d9d8b9

This problem is also in the current official version: LibreELEC (Jarvis 16.1-RC2) v6.90.005

Some of the settings in Confluence do not save between reboots:

The settings that do not save that I have found are:

- Show Weather on home screen
    - Add-on Shortcuts
    - The first run help opens again after reboot when browsing the Video or Music libraries.

It looks like the settings aren't being saved or recalled between reboots.

I have Kodi Jarvis RC2 installed on a Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS system and that Kodi setup install does not have this problem.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.