[8.0.2c] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KIII Pro (S912)

• As the message states, as well as the post before that: it is a test version with just a fix for faster channel switching...for you to test if it works properly. If you test it, your feedback will help to decide if the fix can be included in the regular builds.

Thank you,

I would like to test these builds but I have a lot of addons and settings made. How can I back up them and restore in this build? Sorry for the offtopic and nob question.

• Thank you,

I would like to test these builds but I have a lot of addons and settings made. How can I back up them and restore in this build? Sorry for the offtopic and nob question.

The files above are TAR files meaning you will not lose anything the way you have it setup now. Just drop the tar file into the Update folder (\\[box]\Update) and reboot. If you want to revert to your old version later you can just drop the TAR file for that version into the Update folder and reboot again.

• afl1, thanks again for your pretty work. This release works very well with the KIII Pro.

Is there any plan to update this version with Kodi 17.3 to avoid the subtitle bug?

• Thank you afl1 for this update.

here is my feedback on this version 8.0.2a:

1- I install from the official repository tvheadend : only DVB-T adapter is shown, and it not scan

2- I compile and install latest version of tvheadend 4.3.179 : I see all adapters, but only DVB-T scan, and no channels are listed in PVR Ciient

3- 2 freezes while installing addons.

Thank you again for your efforts.

• You do most likely something wrong. There are no changes in internal DVB driver since first version. I have no issue in dvb adapters. Please, use clean installation on new SD card with TVHeadend from LibreELEC repository.

• You do most likely something wrong. There are no changes in internal DVB driver since first version. I have no issue in dvb adapters. Please, use clean installation on new SD card with TVHeadend from LibreELEC repository.

Thank you again afl1.

I have just finish doing a fresh install, and download official tvheadend : the same thing, only DVB-T adapter is found and cannot scan it, with France DVB-T network :(

Any other than me have the same issue with a fresh install ?

• Thank you again afl1.

I have just finish doing a fresh install, and download official tvheadend : the same thing, only DVB-T adapter is found and cannot scan it, with France DVB-T network :(

Any other than me have the same issue with a fresh install ?

The latest TVHeadend (8.1.111 version 4.2.2) from LibreELEC repository is buggy. Use my version 4.2.1 service.tvheadend42-8.1.112.zip.

• The latest TVHeadend (8.1.111 version 4.2.2) from LibreELEC repository is buggy. Use my version 4.2.1 service.tvheadend42-8.1.112.zip.

Many thanks :)

All adapter are visible now, DVB-T scan correctly with this version and I have all channels.

But DVB-S not scan at all, I add Astra and Hotbird Networks, and nothing begin scanning, even with "force scan" !

I have also tested the 4.3.184 version and same issues :(

• Many thanks :)

All adapter are visible now, DVB-T scan correctly with this version and I have all channels.

But DVB-S not scan at all, I add Astra and Hotbird Networks, and nothing begin scanning, even with "force scan" !

I have also tested the 4.3.184 version and same issues :(

Have you enabled dvb-s adapter?

There is only single tuner, any streaming on dvb-t disable dvb-s scanning.

For testing enable only dvb-s adapter.

• Have you enabled dvb-s adapter?

There is only single tuner, any streaming on dvb-t disable dvb-s scanning.

For testing enable only dvb-s adapter.

Yes, I have disable DVB-T (to avoid any conflicts) and enable DVB-S alone, with 2 LNB Astra and Hotbird.

I'll compile tvheadend daily until I get the correct version :)

Again thank you :)

• The latest TVHeadend (8.1.111 version 4.2.2) from LibreELEC repository is buggy. Use my version 4.2.1 service.tvheadend42-8.1.112.zip.

Thanks. That version indeed shows the adapter with DVB-S. Scans and finds all channels on defined Muxes.

• Yes, I have disable DVB-T (to avoid any conflicts) and enable DVB-S alone, with 2 LNB Astra and Hotbird.

I'll compile tvheadend daily until I get the correct version :)

Again thank you :)

I finally found reason why we are unable compile correct version. The issue is last kszaq's MM kernel. There is buggy dvb support. Switching to "full Nougat kernel preview" fixed the issue.

The latest service.tvheadend42-8.1.111a.zip ver. 4.2.2-35.

• I finally found reason why we are unable compile correct version. The issue is last kszaq's MM kernel. There is buggy dvb support. Switching to "full Nougat kernel preview" fixed the issue.

Thank you afl1 but I have no luck with this version too :(

No way for me to scan DVB-S.

Perhaps it's only an issue for Astra 19.2E and Hotbird 13.0E networks!

I have already scan DVB-T and DVB-S correctly in the past, with an older version of your builds, I do not remember it exactly.

• I finally found reason why we are unable compile correct version. The issue is last kszaq's MM kernel. There is buggy dvb support. Switching to "full Nougat kernel preview" fixed the issue.

Hi afl1, I have used this build but now from scratch, by removing all networks and then adding them : it works now :)

Many thanks for your support :)

• After two weeks of running LibreELEC on my MECOOL KIII I must say I'm quite satisfied with the results already. Yes, there is the random crash every 3 days or so, the slight screen distortion when navigating too quickly and CEC navigation feeling a bit less fluid, but that was to be expected and, while not being perfect, the device is perfectly usable. Many thanks for all your effort guys! Great work.

There is, however, one thing that does concern me a bit: the temperature. While CPU usage goes all the way down after seeing a movie (no more than h264 1080p), I rarely see the temperature drop below 78 degrees Celsius. This makes the box, and especially the metal tuner connectors at the back quite uncomfortably hot.

What is your experience with the temperature? Is this acceptable? Can I get it down some what somehow?

• There is, however, one thing that does concern me a bit: the temperature. While CPU usage goes all the way down after seeing a movie (no more than h264 1080p), I rarely see the temperature drop below 78 degrees Celsius. This makes the box, and especially the metal tuner connectors at the back quite uncomfortably hot.

What is your experience with the temperature? Is this acceptable? Can I get it down some what somehow?

This temperature is standard for this box. Inside is only small heatsink.