[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• 8.1.7 rebuilt and uploaded with (hopefully) a fix for "split screen" issue from the first build and Xiaomi remote patch from wrxtasy

Gave it a good thrashing and all fixed for switching & 4K video output.

I am getting some strange unwanted autorepeats at times from the HID Xiaomi BT remote, likely caused by the enable autorepeat for all devices patch.

Any chance of a test version with that single kernel patch reverted ?

• the_bo

I also observe a frame drop in library menus but actually the transition between the different titles is not so juddery in my case. Tried also MQ 7 skin, seems ok.

I do see though some frame droppings when playing most of my 720p H264 encoded movies , no matter what frame rate i choose. It appears each 5-7 sec of video playing. Curious if others observe the same. Thanks in advance.

• Since upgrading from 8.1.6 to 8.1.7 my system was stuck in read only.

So decided to reinstall from scratch. Downloaded lastest img.

On boot I cant get past the last welcome screen on 8.1.7.

I keep pressing next then once i press next on the ssh samba screen its sticks everytime. Although i can still bring up the shutdown context menu pressing s. Can't close the Welcome screen.

Plus i cant toggle the ssh service it automatically deactives.

Is there anyway getting debug logs if ssh isnt enabled.

Tried 2 sd cards same on both.

8.1.6 was working fine. Im using a H96 Pro 2g/16g 1g ethernet.

Any help kszaq

Thanks

• 8.1.7 working better than any previous version. (Freezing is still there.)

kszaq

I wonder if you ever tried to remove the 4k gui hack which prevent the picture viewer to show highres (4k) pictures to show their original b e a u t y.

P.S.: Why b e a u t y is censored on this forum?

• I wonder if you ever tried to remove the 4k gui hack which prevent the picture viewer to show highres (4k) pictures to show their original b e a u t y.

It's not a hack, it's a feature. :P

Unfortunately 4K without scaling will not work on S912 with libhybris if I want to keep 1080p available.

I also doubt that S912 is powerful enough to render GUI at 4K.

• I am getting some strange unwanted autorepeats at times from the HID Xiaomi BT remote, likely caused by the enable autorepeat for all devices patch.

Any chance of a running a test version with that single Kernel patch reverted pls ?

• I am getting some strange unwanted autorepeats at times from the HID Xiaomi BT remote, likely caused by the enable autorepeat for all devices patch.

Any chance of a running a test version with that single Kernel patch reverted pls ?

I'm working on some test builds with new WiFi driver. I will revert the autorepeat patch for the next builds.

• RGB output does not work in 8.1.x builds (yet).

are these statements below correct? I just want to be sure if a downgrade is my only option

" people with old Philips/Sony Tv's who use rgb output enforcement via autostart.sh, should downgrade to 8.0.2e (last 8.0.x version) to prevent the screen from switching pink/greenish now and then"

"there is no fix or workaround available (yet) to resolve this issue on 8.1.x version"

• Hi all

I've installed the latest Libreelec on the EVOLVEO H8 (S912) and when I either press the power button on the remote or choose shutdown on Kodi it just reboots again. The box has been updated to the latest firmware.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue?

Thanks

• Now, it's a good option buy a S912 HW for Libreelec or still better the S905 HW?

Thanks ;)

Hardware video decoding is handled in AMLogic chipsets by a co-processor called the VPU (Video Engine (AVE-10)) - Video processing unit

There are no problems with Hardware video decoding on the S912.

The GPU co-processor is independent of the VPU. The GPU and its drivers draws the Graphic User Interface (GUI). This GUI can overlay on top of whatever video the VPU is decoding in the background.

kszaq's S912 LibreELEC releases prior to LE 8.1.7 had Kodi user interface screen tearing due the less than optimal Android GPU video drivers being used. They were to slow to draw the whole GUI without noticeable tearing. Those GPU drivers have now been optimised to fix screen tearing.

Then you have the octa(8) core CPU itself in the S912.

Add the CPU + GPU + VPU together and a few other bit and bobs and you end up with what is called a System on a Chip aka SoC.

All those core's added together in the SoC produce significant heat. Chipset cooling and heat dissipation is more important than ever on S912 devices.

Amlogic_S912_Block_Diagram.png

• Thank you very much for the explanation. Now I understand the S912 works in LE 8.1.7.

Thanks ;);)

• But you haven't answered mate. Is now a better option a S912 instead of a S905X for LE?

• In 8.1.7 you can enable suspend/sleep mode manually:

1. Go to \\Configfiles\sleep.conf.d (in Windows) or /storage/.config/sleep.conf.d (over SSH).
    2. Rename sleep.conf.sample to sleep.conf
    3. Open sleep.conf and remove this line: SuspendMode=false
    4. Reboot, enjoy.

Question, I tried to change this via ssh (putty) and I get this permission error - .

Can anyone advise how to fix this?

• What about the video quality? It's the same 905(x) vs S912?

Yes video Hardware decoding and picture quality is the same as the S905X.

S912 boxes, depending on the quality of RAM and eMMC flash storage used will usually be snappier than S905X's. Plus you can get them optioned with Gigabit LAN

• KSZAQ wrote: "If you consider buying a device for LE, do not buy Amlogic S912!"

So is this still current not to buy an S912? What is the disadvantage of an 905X? I like a gigbit an USB 3.0 if possible.

What is the problem with the S912??

Thanks for your reply