Posts by samgarcia

it is not a problem with Libreelec, it is a problem with RGB settings with old Tv/Screens.

the reason for 8.0.2.X working fine is because @kszag made a special patch around that time.

but since that version libreelec and built in Kodi have been heavily updated.

I am willing to participate and help out with the development of a patch to Force RGB output on 8.1.X versions. just let me know how I can help

hi,

I tried asking this question in the s912 thread.

I am running libreelec 8.1.9 version on s912 h96+ box. and I have old Philips TV.

on versions before 8.0.2.e you could force the rgb output with this command

#!/bin/sh echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

however the newer version of libreelec doesn't support this configuration via autostart.sh file.

if I downgrade to 8.0.2x and execute this command I loose audio via hdmi.

I have read here something about configuring 8bits/10bits display to force rgb.

I was wondering if someone here could help me with this issue. I would like to keep up with the updates of libreelec, but I am too beginner to know what and where to configure, so my TV screen does not randomly go green/pinkish when I am in the middle of watching a movie.

I asked this question in s912 thread too, but only received short replies and no workarounds. hence why I am asking it here.

please provide me with some guidance how to fix this problem. thank you

are these statements below correct? I just want to be sure if a downgrade is my only option

" people with old Philips/Sony Tv's who use rgb output enforcement via autostart.sh, should downgrade to 8.0.2e (last 8.0.x version) to prevent the screen from switching pink/greenish now and then"

"there is no fix or workaround available (yet) to resolve this issue on 8.1.x version"

Can someone please answer my question please?

I saw on s905x thread someone asked similar question and he needed to switch to 8/10bit and re-enter the resolution.

I was wondering if the same can be done for s912.

thank you.

RGB output does not work in 8.1.x builds (yet).

are these statements below correct? I just want to be sure if a downgrade is my only option

" people with old Philips/Sony Tv's who use rgb output enforcement via autostart.sh, should downgrade to 8.0.2e (last 8.0.x version) to prevent the screen from switching pink/greenish now and then"

"there is no fix or workaround available (yet) to resolve this issue on 8.1.x version"

what could be the reason for this error.

LibreELEC15:~/.config # echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb -sh: can't create /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb: Permission denied

I have pasted the following code in my autostart.sh. but it does not help force RGB out.

GNU nano 2.5.3 File: autostart.sh  ( echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb ) & echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr GNU nano 2.5.3 File: autostart.sh ( echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb ) & echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr

Hi,

I have an old Philips TV, that sometimes turns screen into green/pink screen.

I have found a solution here somewhere where they use SSH and send this code to the libreelec.

And frankly it works well.

#!/bin/sh 

echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

However I was wondering whether can I paste this code, so libreelec can do this automatically after a reboot.

Thnx

I have h96+ Pro box s912, with 3gigb that runs on preview LE8.0 L version of @kszag