[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• I tried a new version h on my Evoleo H8. Again no sound on Dolby thd, only silence - deocoder off. On version C is all OK. Really.

Examples without sound.

Code
    https://thedigitaltheater.wetransfer.com/downloads/57a200b07892745290636cc9434fb48920160427225625/4c5be4
    Code
    https://thedigitaltheater.wetransfer.com/downloads/dec01ac8b877f983322558c5abee1c8220160427225640/32cd10

This is only DD THD 5.1 no sound too

Code
    https://thedigitaltheater.wetransfer.com/downloads/047bc9a59b5d87f7a2c3b3c55703736920160427225747/b58c8b

DD+ is OK, DTS HDMA OK, 4K OK, HEVC OK.

In version C is all OK......

• Strange, i have downgraded for change no to c version, but to e version, all is OK, all files with DD THD audio. Only FPS changing is other, f.e. I stream trailer from HDTrailers.net, TV changes FPS to 24, plays cca 2-3 sec and changes again to 24 FPS and plays normally.
    From disk TV writes "automatic" 1-2 sec pause a then changes to 24 FPS and play normally. In version c all changed immediately.

In versions f and h i have no DD THD sound, in versions b and c and e yes. Machine is the same. :) (Evolveo H8)

Edited once, last by Foolproof (April 24, 2017 at 7:06 PM).

• Just tested 8.0-8.0.1h with gxm_q200_2g.dtb on a Nexbox-A1 and all seems fine, including my IPTV subscription. I'm happy to have a functional, inexpensive box on which to run a second instance of LibreELEC. Will keep checking in here hoping for a release with the 'real' Mali-T820 libs but have to give props to kszaq for finding a way to get this done!

Cheers ...

• Just tested 8.0-8.0.1h with gxm_q200_2g.dtb on a Nexbox-A1 and all seems fine, including my IPTV subscription. I'm happy to have a functional, inexpensive box on which to run a second instance of LibreELEC. Will keep checking in here hoping for a release with the 'real' Mali-T820 libs but have to give props to kszaq for finding a way to get this done!

Cheers ...

I'm happy too :)

• I just pass form an S905X to a S912. I use the last version 8.0.1h EXPERIMENTAL.
    I have an issue with TvHeadend, when i watch TV after some time (nearly 1h) i have some artefact on the display. I never have this type of issue with the movie (play form my server on nfs)

I don't what i can try, or monitor to have information on this issue. Thanks for your help

• Tried 8.0.1f on my Mecool BB2 (3gb) with gxm_q200_3g.dtb. Sound seems the same as version C, that is everything (DD, DD+ DD HD, DTS, DTS HD) worked fine. My Amp is a couple of years old and doesn’t have a decoder for Atmos, aac or Flac (via hdmi) so it was good to see Atmos passed through as Dolby HD. As for aac and Flac they get output as PCM so again all is good. One odity though is that with Flac the Mecool volume control doesn’t work at all even though it does with aac and passthrough, I guess Flac to PCM is just a format conversion ? Finaly the only problem I found so far is when pairing some bluetooth headphones as soon as I tried to exit the LE menu the whole box locked up and I had to powered off. Still its great progress!

Update:

Re-tried version f and volume control with flac works fine - might be because I create and reload backups with each version.

New:
    Version h works just as well as f including flac volume, sadly I don't have a 4k TV to test the reverted patch.

• Does favorites work for IPTV in LibreElec?
    If I open TV channel directly, it's working ok

Code
    18:35:26.797 T:4120412160  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.iptvsimple_2024973223.pvr

If this channel added to favorites and I'm trying to open it, it doesn't open and in log I see:

Code
    18:36:12.139 T:4120412160   ERROR: PlayMedia could not play media: pvr://channels/tv/All channels/pvr.iptvsimple_362861235.pvr

And also during channel opening I see in logs

Code
    18:35:28.987 T:3584639840   ERROR: Unable to load libamplayer.so, reason: libamplayer.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    18:35:28.987 T:3584639840 WARNING: CAMLCodec::CAMLCodec libamplayer.so not found, trying libamcodec.so instead

Is it ok?

Edited once, last by boot2k3 (April 28, 2017 at 6:36 PM).

• Hi,
    How do I update without loosing my configurations?

I understand I shopuld copy the *.tar file to update folder
    I use H96 Pro +
    LibleELEC is installed on SD card
    The File Manages have several root folders, how do I know on which on I should create the update folder?

Thanks!

• Hi,
    How do I update without loosing my configurations?

I understand I shopuld copy the *.tar file to update folder
    I use H96 Pro +
    LibleELEC is installed on SD card
    The File Manages have several root folders, how do I know on which on I should create the update folder?

Thanks!

Read carefully #1 and you'll find solution.

• I have a beelink GT1 ultimate and the frequency is normally of 2GHz.
    I check cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/sca ling_cur_freq 1512000.

Can somebody tell me how to change the maximal frequency ? I try to find the boot.ini but i don't know where i can find it.

• 8.0.1h in my 3Gb Evolveo H8 rewinding back online video doesn´t work well. Screen freezes, time goes on. But not allways. Then I must restart movie. Foreward works good.

• I will but there are some issues we discovered with experimental channel switch improvement patches, I need to determine which part causes issues, revert it and release 8.0.1j. ;)

• Hello, kszaq,
    I wrote almost from scratch a driver for the LED display of the X92 box. I was planning to adapt the old vfd driver, but ended up with throwing away 99% of the old ugly code.
    The driver currently works with the latest (march 2017) 3.14 kernel, but theoretically should work with the older summer-2016 kernel you're using in LibreELEC. It provides 100% access to display functionality via sysfs - 7 levels of brightness, enable/disable, you can directly modify any bit of the display driver RAM, and also there's support for displaying characters on the 7-segment LED cells (X92 has 4 cells).

Also there's a lightweight daemon (named vfdd) which will drive the LED display. The daemon is pretty flexible and extensible. Currently it can display time, date (like [0501]), temperature (like [t43°]), use the available additional indicators to display disk activity ("USB" blinks when USB drive is read and "CARD" blinks when internal drive is read, for writes it blinks "APPS" and "SETUP" respectively).

Would it be possible to include it in LibreELEC? I can help with integration.
    The current version is here: GitHub - anpaza/linux_vfd: 7-segment LED display driver for Linux based on PT6964, SM1628, TM1623, FD268 ICs

Edited once, last by zap (May 1, 2017 at 5:03 PM).