Posts by nedsat5

Tried 8.0.1f on my Mecool BB2 (3gb) with gxm_q200_3g.dtb. Sound seems the same as version C, that is everything (DD, DD+ DD HD, DTS, DTS HD) worked fine. My Amp is a couple of years old and doesn’t have a decoder for Atmos, aac or Flac (via hdmi) so it was good to see Atmos passed through as Dolby HD. As for aac and Flac they get output as PCM so again all is good. One odity though is that with Flac the Mecool volume control doesn’t work at all even though it does with aac and passthrough, I guess Flac to PCM is just a format conversion ? Finaly the only problem I found so far is when pairing some bluetooth headphones as soon as I tried to exit the LE menu the whole box locked up and I had to powered off. Still its great progress!

Update:

Re-tried version f and volume control with flac works fine - might be because I create and reload backups with each version.

New:
    Version h works just as well as f including flac volume, sadly I don't have a 4k TV to test the reverted patch.

Tried 8.0.1f on my Mecool BB2 (3gb) with gxm_q200_3g.dtb. Sound seems the same as version C, that is everything (DD, DD+ DD HD, DTS, DTS HD) worked fine. My Amp is a couple of years old and doesn’t have a decoder for Atmos, aac or Flac (via hdmi) so it was good to see Atmos passed through as Dolby HD. As for aac and Flac they get output as PCM so again all is good. One odity though is that with Flac the Mecool volume control doesn’t work at all even though it does with aac and passthrough, I guess Flac to PCM is just a format conversion ? Finaly the only problem I found so far is when pairing some bluetooth headphones as soon as I tried to exit the LE menu the whole box locked up and I had to powered off. Still its great progress!

Agree with minimoe and sintiniuk this is also
    what keeps me hooked on this development thread as well. Can one of you check if a Dolby Digital Plus file plays (using passthrough) on your box and confirm which build you are using? I might be doing something wrong but would like to be sure...

links to DD+ files below
    ?file=dolby_digital_plus_channel_check_lossless-DWEU.mkv&pic=dolby_digital_plus_channel_check_lossless.jpg

MEGA

Been lurking for a while enjoying the software!

Re Dolby Digital Plus I can confirm no sound with both a Beelink MiniMX III (S905 2g/16g) and my new Beeling MIniMX III II (S905X 2g/16g) from 7.0.3.011 up to and including 7.90 beta 3 with pass-through to my Yamaha RX-VX675 amp. It seems odd that only 'richdtv' and myself have reported it - anyone else?