[8.2.2.3] LibreELEC 8.2 for S912

• wrxtasy Any ideas what might be the problem here?

I've seen the U9-h talked up quite a bit, so am eager to use libreelec on it.

• Updated from 8.1.9 to 8.1.10 on Bqeel X9T and it's extremely slow.

Videos themselves work just fine once they start, but navigating anywhere in the UI itself is a real pain.

logging in via SSH and looking either performance with top or the log, nothing special happening.

Any idea what could be the cause?

• Updated from 8.1.9 to 8.1.10 on Bqeel X9T and it's extremely slow.

Videos themselves work just fine once they start, but navigating anywhere in the UI itself is a real pain.

logging in via SSH and looking either performance with top or the log, nothing special happening.

Any idea what could be the cause?

try downgrading, to see if it's still slow.

could be a dodgy card/usb

• Samsung EVO+ SD card are fast and highly compatible with AML Hardware.

You likely need to use a different SD card flashing software or a slightly modded U9 dtb.img

This is the U9's .dtb I use that works:

gxm_q200_2g_minix_neo_u9.dtb

So I just tried using the EVO+ sdcard with your dtb, and while I didn't get the same error, after the libreelec splash screen, it went black and nothing happened. I left the box like that for over an hour and it never came back on. I restarted the box (holding the power button on power up) and I got to the LE splash screen again which said something to the effect of expanding storage (or something like that), and it restarted automatically, then same thing, booted to the LE screen, went black, and never came back up.

I tried the same dtb with another usb stick I have that I used to install LE on another device I have, and had the same problem. I then switched back to the original dtb from the OP and the EVO+ gave me the tty error, and the usb stick booted into LE.

Could it be a problem with the EVO+? I used the LE usb creator tool as well as rufus on the EVO, and had the same results.

::EDIT:: well, at this point it doesn't matter. I took the plunge and installed LE on the internal memory, and after some really dumb mistakes on my part, I have everything up and running, and this thing runs like a beast. I'll return the EVO+, since I no longer need it.

Edited once, last by feerlessleadr (October 16, 2017 at 5:49 AM).

• wrxtasy Would you be willing to share your U9-H remote.conf with me? After installing LE to internal memory the supplied remote doesn't work anymore, so I'm assuming it is because the remote.conf was wiped out.

Thanks

::Edit:: nevermind, I actually found a copy of a u9 remote.conf in another thread.

Edited once, last by feerlessleadr (October 16, 2017 at 7:13 AM).

• So I just tried using the EVO+ sdcard with your dtb, and while I didn't get the same error, after the libreelec splash screen, it went black and nothing happened. I left the box like that for over an hour and it never came back on. I restarted the box (holding the power button on power up) and I got to the LE splash screen again which said something to the effect of expanding storage (or something like that), and it restarted automatically, then same thing, booted to the LE screen, went black, and never came back up.

I tried the same dtb with another usb stick I have that I used to install LE on another device I have, and had the same problem. I then switched back to the original dtb from the OP and the EVO+ gave me the tty error, and the usb stick booted into LE.

Could it be a problem with the EVO+? I used the LE usb creator tool as well as rufus on the EVO, and had the same results.

::EDIT:: well, at this point it doesn't matter. I took the plunge and installed LE on the internal memory, and after some really dumb mistakes on my part, I have everything up and running, and this thing runs like a beast. I'll return the EVO+, since I no longer need it.

@feerlessleadr I have this exact same issue, EVO select card, MINIX U9-H, it shows LE splash screen and then goes black and nothing else shows up. I'm using the file that wrxtasy posted.

How were you able to install to the device? I can see the assigned IP address in my router as LibreELEC but it won't let me SSH into it, keeps refusing the connection.

ETA the LE computer shows up in Windows Explorer and I can now navigate the directories but I still can't SSH into it, screen is still black.

Adding more info I just tried another display, time time a 1080P instead of my 4K and it does the exact same thing, LE splash screen then it goes black. Once the screen goes black the only way to reboot or turn off the U9 is to unplug it.

I just tried a USB drive and the exact same thing happened.

I tried just booting into the stock OS and it appears my remote is DOA as I can't navigate at all :/

Edited 8 times, last by jsotelo5150 (October 17, 2017 at 8:48 PM).

• So a couple things, I was getting the black screen using wrxtasy's dtb on both my EVO+ & usb drive, so I decided to try the default dtb in the OP 1 more time on both. This time on the EVO, I got the couldn't mount Libreelec Disk error on the splash screen. However, using the OPE dtb and my sandisk usb drive, it booted right into LE. Keep in mind, I had tried a few other USB drives before (I had a few kingston laying around that I had used for LE in the past) and I always either got the black screen with wrxtasy's dtb, or the diskmount error using the OP dtb.

This was the first time I had tried this thumb drive and it worked straight away, so the U9 must not have liked something with my other thumb drives and the EVO to not be able to mount the LE disk.

I have since installed LE to the internal memory however, since running LE from the thumb drive had a 'crazy long startup time' according to my wife.

The model usb stick that ended up working was a sandisk SDWS4. I hope this helps somewhat.

• So a couple things, I was getting the black screen using wrxtasy's dtb on both my EVO+ & usb drive, so I decided to try the default dtb in the OP 1 more time on both. This time on the EVO, I got the couldn't mount Libreelec Disk error on the splash screen. However, using the OPE dtb and my sandisk usb drive, it booted right into LE. Keep in mind, I had tried a few other USB drives before (I had a few kingston laying around that I had used for LE in the past) and I always either got the black screen with wrxtasy's dtb, or the diskmount error using the OP dtb.

This was the first time I had tried this thumb drive and it worked straight away, so the U9 must not have liked something with my other thumb drives and the EVO to not be able to mount the LE disk.

I have since installed LE to the internal memory however, since running LE from the thumb drive had a 'crazy long startup time' according to my wife.

The model usb stick that ended up working was a sandisk SDWS4. I hope this helps somewhat.

Thanks feerlessleadr! I used the gxm_q200_2g.dtb file on a different USB drive and it works perfectly! The 4K game is strong, I'm bitstreaming like a champ and it's FAST. It's slow as hell to boot but when skipping around in files it's WAY faster than my chromebox. I can pull up a 4K movie, start it, skip to 20 min in and it begins playing almost instantly. FWIW I'm running an unraid server NFS connected to a gigabit network. What seems really strange to me is my Samsung TV remote actually kind of works with the Minix U9!

So to recap, the Evo select card didn't work at all regardless of which IMG file I used, my old Patriot 8Gb usb drive didn't work with wrxtacy's file but it works great with the gxm_q200_2g file.

I just returned the Evo card to Amazon and ordered a Sandisk extreme, we'll see how well that works. If it doesn't I might consider loading to the device.

Edited 4 times, last by jsotelo5150 (October 17, 2017 at 6:28 PM).

• Awesome, glad to hear that worked for you.

For what it is worth, I had to return my A3 remote because the front buttons completely stopped responding. My wife likes to use our tablet as a remote (galaxy tab with IR), so I loaded up anymote on it, and the Minix profile on there works to turn the box on and off, and I just use Yatse when inside Kodi.

The U9 is really a fantastic device.

• I just tried the 64Gb Samsung EVO plus card that was in my S8 and it didn't work either, here's hoping that the Sandisk works when it gets here on Thursday.

Strange looks like the Samsung EVO+ and the Select microSDHC's have issues with AML S912's for some reason ?

They work on all other AMLogic S8xx/S9xx platforms. Will change my SD card recommendations then.

• Strange looks like the Samsung EVO+ and the Select microSDHC's have issues with AML S912's for some reason ?

They work on all other AMLogic S8xx/S9xx platforms. Will change my SD card recommendations then.

Amazon should be delivering the new card today, I'll post up the results as soon as I can.

• Strange looks like the Samsung EVO+ and the Select microSDHC's have issues with AML S912's for some reason ?

Well my Samsung evo+ was working fine up until the 8.1.6 update using the micro SD slot on s912 box.

After 8.1.7 system stuck on read only.

But latest update is working fine if I put the sd card into a usb adapter and run from there.

• Well my Samsung evo+ was working fine up until the 8.1.6 update using the micro SD slot on s912 box.

After 8.1.7 system stuck on read only.

But latest update is working fine if I put the sd card into a usb adapter and run from there.

You could always try cloning it to a usb using clonezilla