Cubox-i4 Pro

• Hello vpeter,

Thanks for your quick answer!
    I think the problem is the ReFrame value. Videos with 4 frames play fine.

Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format-Profil : High@L4
    Format-Einstellungen für CABAC : Ja
    Format-Einstellungen für ReFrames : 16 frames
    Codec-ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC

Is 16 frames too high for imx6 player? Is there a limit for the player?

• I want to sell my complete Cubox i4-pro system.

- Cubox i4-pro black
    - D-Link DUB-H4 USB-HUB (cutie little black usb-hub with same design as the cubox)
    - Powersupply EU 5V 3000mA
    - 8GB microSDCard

If someone is interested please pm. Of course I can send pictures!

Edited once, last by WhyTea (April 22, 2017 at 9:54 AM).

• If reason would be known then issue would be resolved :P It is some thing with kernel (hw is fine).
    The reason for using 4.4 version was for docker requirements which was interesting thing for some users. Maybe it was mistake to switch but now it is what it is. And I will build images with 3.14 kernel in the future too.

Hi,
    I am using official 8.01 LibreElec on a pre-ordered Cubox-i4. My Screen is a LG TV.

1)
    I did not know the black screen until today. I changed the resolution from 1080p@60 to 720p@50. It was fine but after reboot i got the black screen. I let it sit for a while and when i pressed some up-down-left-right-keys on my Yatse remote the screen went on and asked me if i want to keep that resolution. It went back to 1080p@60 and every reboot works fine. Will stick to 1080p@60 now :D

Maybe this helps to narrow down the reason for this issue?

2)
    I do have a SATA HDD attached to the cubox via SATA Bay and eSATA cable.
    Sometimes when i start the box with the Bay on it says something about Journal service failed to start
    like this:
    [FAILED] Failed to start Journal Service.
    see 'systemctl status systemd.journald.service' for details.
    [DEPEND] Dependency failed for Flush Journal to Persistent Storage.
    [ *** ] A start job is running for Journal Service (37s/54s)

The box keeps repeating those lines forever (tested 2 hours, not guaranteed to get close to forever :-] )

If the HDD bay is off, those messages never show.
    I also never saw this on vpeters 3.14 builds.

My guess is that it has to do with some kind of filesystem feature that was introduced with some Kernel after 3.14 but i know nothing.
    Is there a way to disable this Feature or change to a different Filesystem?

Greetings,
    Quentin

• Hey again, Sorry to bother you, I have been trying to build lakka using the latest from git hub but it seems to fail at retroarch and I have little to no idea what is going on ^^

I am compiling this on a fresh install of Linux Mint but i can move to ubuntu or debian even but i dont think the host distro is the reason for the fail.

If you have time would you have a look at the log? You might see something that I am missing.

The following look suspicious:

Code
    Checking presence of package egl ... no
    Checking function glFramebufferTexture2D in -lGL ... no
    Forced to build with library -lGL, but cannot locate. Exiting ...

Which is odd because when I enter the retroarch folder and run a configure it has no -lGL errors

Sorry for coming off super noobish, This is my first attempt at a compile of this size with so many components.

I would appreciate any support you can provide
    All the best
    Foo

• thefoofighter, when I saw that you are building with sudo I stop reading. Don't do that because it can have bad side effects.
    Remove build folder and start again as normal user.

• thefoofighter, when I saw that you are building with sudo I stop reading. Don't do that because it can have bad side effects.
    Remove build folder and start again as normal user.

Ah I did not know that.
    I built as a regular user but i have the same errors :(

• After you see this message run this command and send link you get.

Code
    systemctl status systemd.journald.service | pastebinit

Thank you.
    The message showed up again. I could not connect to the cubox via ssh while the message was showing. I reset power to reboot. After many black bootscreens and resets i ran "systemctl status systemd-journald.service | pastebinit" and got this:
    WABH

• Qmander I'm running LE 7.90.010 on a Cubox-i4 booting off an esata SSD to a LG TV and don't have any issues with black screen nor journal messages.

Are you getting ERROR: SetString: error writing /sys/class/graphics/fb0/mode in kodi.log when changing resolution?

Are you booting from the esata? If not, try enabling esata hotplug thread-4897.html and see if that helps.

Also I would check that you're not running out of disk space. Also check the size of the journal with

Code
    journalctl --disk-usage

. If above 10M try clearing it with

Code
    journalctl --vacuum-size=1M

. You could also clear the whole journal with =0M.

• Is there an imx6 libreelec image with inputstream.adaptive or the addon for it's self. Some addons with drm-streams like zattoo, amazon prime video, sky go, dazn need this addon. For nearly every device in the libreelec portefolio this addon is compiled. But I don't know where I can get it for my cubox-ie4.

• Did you have a chance to test bluetooth?

Don't remember if I did at that time. But I did now. And speaker did connect to cuboxi. I selected audio device as pulseaudio and sound come from speaker.
    I had to select "trust and pair" or something like that when connecting bt speaker. First I selected pair and it didn't connect. After reboot and using different option it works.

Tests were done with LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.1.img.gz image.