Posts by Qmander

After you see this message run this command and send link you get.

Code
    systemctl status systemd.journald.service | pastebinit

Thank you.
    The message showed up again. I could not connect to the cubox via ssh while the message was showing. I reset power to reboot. After many black bootscreens and resets i ran "systemctl status systemd-journald.service | pastebinit" and got this:
    WABH

If reason would be known then issue would be resolved :P It is some thing with kernel (hw is fine).
    The reason for using 4.4 version was for docker requirements which was interesting thing for some users. Maybe it was mistake to switch but now it is what it is. And I will build images with 3.14 kernel in the future too.

Hi,
    I am using official 8.01 LibreElec on a pre-ordered Cubox-i4. My Screen is a LG TV.

1)
    I did not know the black screen until today. I changed the resolution from 1080p@60 to 720p@50. It was fine but after reboot i got the black screen. I let it sit for a while and when i pressed some up-down-left-right-keys on my Yatse remote the screen went on and asked me if i want to keep that resolution. It went back to 1080p@60 and every reboot works fine. Will stick to 1080p@60 now :D

Maybe this helps to narrow down the reason for this issue?

2)
    I do have a SATA HDD attached to the cubox via SATA Bay and eSATA cable.
    Sometimes when i start the box with the Bay on it says something about Journal service failed to start
    like this:
    [FAILED] Failed to start Journal Service.
    see 'systemctl status systemd.journald.service' for details.
    [DEPEND] Dependency failed for Flush Journal to Persistent Storage.
    [ *** ] A start job is running for Journal Service (37s/54s)

The box keeps repeating those lines forever (tested 2 hours, not guaranteed to get close to forever :-] )

If the HDD bay is off, those messages never show.
    I also never saw this on vpeters 3.14 builds.

My guess is that it has to do with some kind of filesystem feature that was introduced with some Kernel after 3.14 but i know nothing.
    Is there a way to disable this Feature or change to a different Filesystem?

Greetings,
    Quentin