Posts by AndrewZ

Hello everyone

I've updated to 9.0 recently and noticed that I have no audio with AAC. After some tweaking I've managed to get the sound, but I'm not sure I have the most optimal settings.

Here is what I have:

WeTek Hub with only HDMI output.

Yamaha RX-V757 [old] receiver without HDMI but with SPDIF.

Relevant AVR capabilities are here

- Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital EX decoder

- DTS/DTS-ES Matrix 6.1, Discrete 6.1, DTS Neo:6, DTS 96/24 decoder

- Dolby Pro Logic/Dolby Pro Logic II/Dolby Pro Logic IIx decoder

In order to convert the interfaces between the WeTek and AVR an external splitter/converter is used - HDMI in / HDMI out + SPDIF out.

Converter spec

HDMI Converter Audio Splitter HDMI to HDMI SPDIF

SPDIF output : support 5.1CH audio including Dolby Digital 5.1CH and DTS 5.1CH(it does NOT support Dolby Digital Plus and PCM 5.1CH and beyond)

Converter has a mode switch with 3 options:

Pass - the SPDIF output audio format depends on the TV EDID.

2.0CH - the SPDIF output audio format is LPCM 2CH /my current setting/

5.1CH - the SPDIF output audio format is 5.1CH (the source audio must be 5.1CH)

Finally, my audio settings in LE:

Audio output device: the only HDMI interface

Number of channels: 3 (my rear speakers are not currently connected, no sound with AAC if set to 2)

Stereo upmix: enabled (otherwise no sound with AAC)

Allow Passthrough: enabled

Passthrough output device: the only HDMI interface

Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: enabled

DTS capable receiver: enabled

Please comment and/or advise.

I would like to ask if someone can try image below? It has 2 major changes:
    1.) switched to galcore v5 on linux 4.4 and now images/thumbnails works
    2.) default ethernet speed is set to 100 mbit/s because this always works reliable.
    If this all goes well it will be included in LibreELEC 8.0.2. But without more broader testing things like this can be problematic.

LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.1-100mbits.img.gz

Not sure what is/was the issue with images/thumbnails, but generally this 4.4-based image works fine for me.

some relevant dmesg output:

Code
    [ 2190.315602] hid-generic 0005:04E8:2080.0004: unknown main item tag 0x0
    [ 2190.316580] input: Samsung Wireless Keyboard as /devices/soc0/soc/2100000.aips-bus/21f0000.serial/tty/ttymxc3/hci0/hci0:11/0005:04E8:2080.0004/input/input7
    [ 2190.320344] hid-generic 0005:04E8:2080.0004: input,hidraw0: BLUETOOTH HID v19.01 Keyboard [Samsung Wireless Keyboard] on 43:30:a0:00:00:00

Googling for "unknown main item tag 0x0" gives me some results but without solution.

I'm thinking about a workaround: keyboard works fine with TV, TV can talk CEC to LibreELEC box; as I recall it was even possible to use arrow keys to navigate, but not the rest of keyboard (letters, etc). Should it work in full by implementing some key mapping in LibreELEC ?
    Thanks!

Can you make one fresh sd card and test that. And also official image? In image above I made few changes regarding making pictures thumbs. Maybe something went wrong (even if I don't see anything).

With clean install and your image the issue with end-of-movie seems to be gone.
    Situation with BT is the same as before.

I had to select "trust and pair" or something like that when connecting bt speaker. First I selected pair and it didn't connect. After reboot and using different option it works.

Tests were done with LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.1.img.gz image.

With this image I have a blank screen instead of menu when movie ends :(
    I will probably need to start from scratch using spare flash card.
    Thanks!

BT should work fine with it. What exactly is the problem?

Adding keyboard [previously working with OpenELEC], device list is initially empty.
    Pressing the discovery button on a keyboard, it appears on the list with "Connected: No" status.
    Clicking on the keyboard in the list, then:
    Trust and connect -> Bluetooth Error, Host is down
    Connect -> Bluetooth Error, Host is down
    Pair -> Bluetooth Error, Page Timeout

if you see this Loaded imx6q-cubox-i-som-v15.dtb from u-boot then you have revision 1.5. And it is very newer (only few months). But seems there are some bugs in u-boot identifying correct one. Can you type u-boot commands I posted above?

Hi vpeter
    this is what I've got:

How can I check the revision? Can I see it on a running system or I need to catch it during the boot?
    I have problems with pairing my BT keyboard, last time it was working on some OpenELEC version :(

I was running LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.0 (4.4 kernel) and everything was fine with one exception - when the movie ends I'm not getting back to menu, there is a black screen only.
    There is no such problem with LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.1-xbian-4.8, but with this version I see some freezes during the movies, so I have to stop and play again.
    The last working good version for me was 7.95.1 (4.8 kernel). Will appreciate any recommendation about upgrade.

edited to fix wrong version number