Posts by thefoofighter

thefoofighter, when I saw that you are building with sudo I stop reading. Don't do that because it can have bad side effects.
    Remove build folder and start again as normal user.

Ah I did not know that.
    I built as a regular user but i have the same errors :(

Hey again, Sorry to bother you, I have been trying to build lakka using the latest from git hub but it seems to fail at retroarch and I have little to no idea what is going on ^^

I am compiling this on a fresh install of Linux Mint but i can move to ubuntu or debian even but i dont think the host distro is the reason for the fail.

If you have time would you have a look at the log? You might see something that I am missing.

The following look suspicious:

Code
    Checking presence of package egl ... no
    Checking function glFramebufferTexture2D in -lGL ... no
    Forced to build with library -lGL, but cannot locate. Exiting ...

Which is odd because when I enter the retroarch folder and run a configure it has no -lGL errors

Sorry for coming off super noobish, This is my first attempt at a compile of this size with so many components.

I would appreciate any support you can provide
    All the best
    Foo

It works for most users including me. Others has black screen (which is the main problem).

I see, Any ideas what might be causing the black screen?? You cant be expected to build 3.14 kernels for every LibreElec future release forever :P. Do you know if its a problem on the hardware end, that maybe SolidRun should address?

Are there many benefits of using 4.4 over 3.14?

Thanks again :)

thefoofighter, I don't know which image exactly did you use but official images are using Linux kernel 4.4. But I also provide with 3.14 which works better for some users.

Ah I see,

I used:

LibreELEC-imx6.arm-7.0.1.img
    LibreELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.1.img
    OpenELEC-imx6.arm-8.0.0.img

other than your custom build "OpenELEC-imx6.arm-6.95.3.img" was the only other "recent" os that booted.

I didn't realize that there were so many changes between kernels 3 and 4 (i mean enough to break booting). Do you know of anyone else with a cubox-i4pro 2gb that got kernel 4.4 working?

thank you

Thanks vpeter, your SR 8.0.1 image cured my headache after trying 6 alternate versions of openelec and libreelec on my cubox-i4pro which basically only flickered the screen on and off after U-BOOT but would not boot into any OS.

Out of interest what do you have to do differently with these sr builds of yours compared to the release imx6 build?

Thanks again :)