S905 builds - general discussion

• Ah yes, I remember finding that forum through Google. But for some reason I cannot seem to get an account there, because the registration page doesn't like my answer to "5 minus 5", which I believe should be 0?

If you knew what you need and how to flash the build to NAND or on SD card, this link Index of /image hosted all Alex builds. No need to sign up for download the files.

• Hi all,

I just got Nexbox A95X that comes with S905X. I notice from the first post that this chip is not confirmed to work with these images. Hopefully, I wish it can be ported someday.

But my problem is that this box doesn't seem to have reset button inside av hole. I tried to push with toothpick but it seems there is nothing in there. Is this just me or is it really has no reset button? Very weird though.

Anyway the box looks nice and very small but kodi on android can't change refresh rate which is very disappointing for me.

• Hi all,

I just got Nexbox A95X that comes with S905X. I notice from the first post that this chip is not confirmed to work with these images. Hopefully, I wish it can be ported someday.

But my problem is that this box doesn't seem to have reset button inside av hole. I tried to push with toothpick but it seems there is nothing in there. Is this just me or is it really has no reset button? Very weird though.

Anyway the box looks nice and very small but kodi on android can't change refresh rate which is very disappointing for me.

My A95x that came with just the S905 has the working reset button inside the AV hole. Did you look into the hole to see if the reset button is there?

• I really can't see throgh the AV hole to see if there is any botton.

But when using a toothpick I can't feel a click.
    I tried to push it anyway to force boot to recovery mode but no success. However I installed an app that can boot to recovery successfully.

• I really can't see throgh the AV hole to see if there is any botton.

But when using a toothpick I can't feel a click.
    I tried to push it anyway to force boot to recovery mode but no success. However I installed an app that can boot to recovery successfully.

Have you tried flashing or booting LE on it from an SD Card?

Its fairly easy to unbrick the box if you decide to flash on NAND, just need the stock img file.
    [hr]
    Anyone with a MiniMXIII have working Bluetooth?

Edited once, last by JonSnow (August 2, 2016 at 5:19 AM).

• Have you tried flashing or booting LE on it from an SD Card?

Its fairly easy to unbrick the box if you decide to flash on NAND, just need the stock img file.
    [hr]
    Anyone with a MiniMXIII have working Bluetooth?

In fact I've tried booting LE from SD card by choosing recovery boot from android boot app with no success.

Since I can't find reset button in AV hole, I choose not to flash LE on NAND. I don't know how to get to recovery mode if the box brick.

About the stock img file, can I use one from other brand that has the same spec? (I found one here)

• Unsupported:

• S905X (not confirmed to work)

Hey there,
    I have a Mini M8S II in my hands here. So I tried to boot to LibreELEC but the device doesn't get further than recovery.
    After "adb reboot recovery" the device takes me just to the recovery. Am I missing something? I think this is currently not related to kernel or other bugs, just in finding the SDcard or something like that?

Any help is appreciated :)

Thank you

Edited once, last by lama0900 (August 2, 2016 at 2:13 PM).

• After "adb reboot recovery" the device takes me just to the recovery.

I presume you have no reset button in yout av port ?
    and this why you are trying to get into recovery via adb ?
    Please explain your steps exactly before it failed. Did you follow the SD card OE installation instructions in first post.
    You stopped explaining what you did after you got into recovery.
    Are you attempting the SD card installation of OE ?

• I presume you have no reset button in yout av port ?
    and this why you are trying to get into recovery via adb ?
    Please explain your steps exactly before it failed. Did you follow the SD card OE installation instructions in first post.
    You stopped explaining what you did after you got into recovery.
    Are you attempting the SD card installation of OE ?

So there is a button on the bottom of the device and not in the AV port, since the Mini M8S II has no AV port .
    I tried both toothpick and recovery method from first post for SDcard.
    But at recovery method I had to use adb to do a reboot to recovery, because there's no option to reboot to recovery via Android "reboot option".

So with toothpick method:

I get stuck at this screen:

With recovery method I don't know what to do after I get into recovery,
    because the first post says, that if I choose to reboot to recovery it would take me straight into LibreELEC?!

Anything else what can I try?

EDIT: Some guys from freakt**.com got LibreELEC working with the Mini M8S II and the LibreELEC version from the first post.

Edited once, last by lama0900 (August 2, 2016 at 4:59 PM).

• No for the moment we can't have LE on MiniM8S II. Because this is 905x not 905 !
    And read again the other forum.
    User could say he installed LE on MiniM8S II realised that it was an error. He had a TV Box with 905 and not 905x like you and me.

Edited once, last by yagrasdemonde (August 2, 2016 at 5:01 PM).

• No for the moment we can't have LE on MiniM8S II. Because this is 905x not 905 !
    And read again the other forum.
    User could say he installed LE on MiniM8S II realised that it was an error. He had a TV Box with 905 and not 905x like you and me.

Ah ok, I thought there was something like this, but it's down at the moment.
    So i've to wait. Maybe it will work in future with 905X. .. I should have bought the Mini M8S ..

Thank you!

• just got the mini mxiii and having trouble with the toothpick method, anyone have any ideas? I'm not ready to flash on the NAND on this box and adb does not work since it isnt rooted.

EDIT: Went to backup&update and used a random kodi addon zip then proceeded to update the box and bam LE booted from SD. The kodi addons zip where on the NAND after lauching kodi within Android. I think the reset button is broken on this box as well.

Also the box has s905 revision C processor. Power, reboot, sleep all fully functional via remote on 004.

Wow - I had exactly the same problem with mu Beelink MiniMXIII. And your solution worked fine. How the hell did you come up with that!
    Anyway, thanks a bunch for describing the issue/solution.