S905 builds - general discussion

• I try new version it works good. For the first time my Nexbox Mxq Pro work flawlessly -full hd resolution of Kodi,no problem playing 720 to 4k files. Hdmi Cec works,remote works, usb conectors dont work,external bluetooth works (orico). MiniMx with 1gb work good too(with same usb issue).Unfortunalty new Nexbox a95x still have playback problem for hd files-artefacts and so on.My all machine boot from sd.Thanks so much to Kszaq -good job, man!

• You can install it through usb pendrive with toothpick method

Tried to install from usb with toothpick method. Installation aborted. Here is the message:
    E:failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 on /sdcard by read-only (Device or resource busy)
    E:failed to mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 on /sdcard by read-only (Device or resource busy)
    E:failed to mount /sdcard (No such file or directory)

Please help.

• Tried to install from usb with toothpick method. Installation aborted. Here is the message:
    E:failed to mount /sdcard (No such file or directory)

Please help.

Use ext option not sdcard option

• Which file are you using?

I downloaded the zip file. LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.004.zip -- extracted to my usb. use the toothpick method... update from ext.. select the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.004-update.zip and ---- signature verification failed..
    Please help

• I downloaded the zip file. LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.004.zip -- extracted to my usb. use the toothpick method... update from ext.. select the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.004-update.zip and ---- signature verification failed..
    Please help

Try to format the pendrive again (FAT32) and extract again the files inside it. Maybe something is corrupted.

• I downloaded the zip file. LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.004.zip -- extracted to my usb. use the toothpick method... update from ext.. select the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.004-update.zip and ---- signature verification failed..
    Please help

Install succeeded. I had formatted the usb to FAT not FAT32. It was my mistake. Thanks for your help. :D

• Thanks to kszaq and everyone else that is working on LibreELEC. Using 003 on an A95X and it's working great. I tried 004 and I found the wired LAN transfers ,along with general UI navigation, to be sluggish. No such issues using 003. Haven't tried 005 yet as I'll wait for kszaq to officially release it, perhaps it just a test version at this point since he should be on a well earned vacation.

• Mini-MX with 003 SD-Card version it often freezes the box just clicking around in the kodi interface. Back to android for now unfortunately. The good news was that it seemed fine other than that, with auto-switching of frame rate and even the LED did the right thing :)

• Hello,

I still didn´t have any serious issues from Version 001 up to 004 on MicroSD and my Beelink Mini MXIII ( Memory, Videos, Sound, Remote, DVB-S and Reebot are working fine)... but I didn`t test Version 005, yet.

Although I am not a big fan of Andoid on these Boxes, I decided to use a DualBootSystem furtheron because I realized that there are some usefull Android-Apps and Functions outside of LibreELEC and Kodi, too.

Cheers
    Mark

• People who are running on SD card, remember your card will effect performance. If you have a slow card you will notice that LE is slow or freezes etc. Running on my Sony UHS1 card is still slower than when its on NAND.

To get a better understanding of this look in the Raspberry Pi section on the Kodi forums. One of the main reasons for me going with these Android boxes is to use the NAND storage and not worry about finding the right SD card such as i did for the Raspi.

Hello,

I still didn´t have any serious issues from Version 001 up to 004 on MicroSD and my Beelink Mini MXIII ( Memory, Videos, Sound, Remote, DVB-S and Reebot are working fine)... but I didn`t test Version 005, yet.

Although I am not a big fan of Andoid on these Boxes, I decided to use a DualBootSystem furtheron because I realized that there are some usefull Android-Apps and Functions outside of LibreELEC and Kodi, too.

Cheers
    Mark

Good to know i have one on the way just to get the 2GB ram, do you leave your box on 24/7? Curious to know if the box is left on does it run out of memory like on my 1gb MXQ.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (July 22, 2016 at 1:23 PM).

• People who are running on SD card, remember your card will effect performance. If you have a slow card you will notice that LE is slow or freezes etc. Running on my Sony UHS1 card is still slower than when its on NAND.

To get a better understanding of this look in the Raspberry Pi section on the Kodi forums. One of the main reasons for me going with these Android boxes is to use the NAND storage and not worry about finding the right SD card such as i did for the Raspi.

Good to know i have one on the way just to get the 2GB ram, do you leave your box on 24/7? Curious to know if the box is left on does it run out of memory like on my 1gb MXQ.

I have LibreELEC 004 installed on a Transcend Ultimate 32 GB microSDHC UHS-I card featuring 95MB/s read and 85GB/s write. LibreELEC boots very very fast on the MiniMX but significantly slower on the M18. I don't know why. It could be because I have android installed on the M18 NAND while OpenELEC is on the MiniMX.
    For a few extra dollars more you can buy a decent SD card. It will be faster and last much longer than the cheaper ones.

Edited once, last by Majorero (July 23, 2016 at 5:28 PM).

• I try version 03 for nexbox a95x and still 1080 p and higher files dont working.No 1080 resolution only 720p when i try to switch artefacts again. o5 version not work on nextbox too. Opene elec works but very slow can't compare to speed of libre ,but every file works with great quality

• I try version 03 for nexbox a95x and still 1080 p and higher files dont working.No 1080 resolution only 720p when i try to switch artefacts again. o5 version not work on nextbox too. Opene elec works but very slow can't compare to speed of libre ,but every file works with great quality

If you are using the sd card version, boot into android and disable automatic resolution detection and set the resolution to 1080p. I guess that you have a 720p TV and the issue seems to be when the box boots at 720p even before libreelec starts. Once you have done this in the android settings, reboot and set the kodi resolution in libreelec to 1080p. I had the same issue and it it solved it.