S905 builds - general discussion

• 1. He's on holiday.
    2. It might help if you said which drivers.

Hi everyone,

I know that on the first page ist is written that the internal tuner will not be supported. But on page 17 kszag said he maybe would implement it if we would provide the source. Therefore, HERE is the source. I still know about what was written on the first page but it would be awesome.

Edited once, last by rosenrot (July 19, 2016 at 11:09 PM).

• Hi again,
    Even though I said LibreELEC was working fine on my MiniMX 1gb/8gb, after further testing I noticed it was running kind of slow and that's because it is using only 2 cores. I had OPenELEC (Alex build) installed and I just installed LibreELEC over it. Maybe I should flash my box with original android firmware first and after that, reinstall LibreELEC for the 4 cores to work?
    Thank you very much.

• Hi again,
    Even though I said LibreELEC was working fine on my MiniMX 1gb/8gb, after further testing I noticed it was running kind of slow and that's because it is using only 2 cores. I had OPenELEC (Alex build) installed and I just installed LibreELEC over it. Maybe I should flash my box with original android firmware first and after that, reinstall LibreELEC for the 4 cores to work?
    Thank you very much.

LibreELEC

See post above.

• I know that on the first page ist is written that the internal tuner will not be supported. But on page 17 kszag said he maybe would implement it if we would provide the source. Therefore, HERE is the source. I still know about what was written on the first page but it would be awesome.

Did Alex's Openelec K1 build work? If so the needed drivers are already prepped in Alex's build tree.
    [hr]

Even though I said LibreELEC was working fine on my MiniMX 1gb/8gb, after further testing I noticed it was running kind of slow and that's because it is using only 2 cores.

projects/S905: set default CPU governor to hotplug · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv@002dc0f · GitHub
    projects/S905: set default CPU governor to hotplug

As the load goes down processors are stopped and removed.

The following code should give you an idea

Code
    head /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/*

Edited once, last by lwiddif (July 20, 2016 at 12:28 AM).

• 004 is better as 003?
    Worth to update it?

Not if you have a K1-Plus box. I updated to it from 002 and it messed my box up.. so i returned back to a self built version of 003. It would not shut off or reboot from power options menu. Had to pull the plug to shut off. And loss total control of the remote. Messed up video playback and boot up showed some type of log cat scrolling over the LibreELEC splash screen Everytime i would turn on the box. So far 003 is perfect for the K1-Plus box. Everything seems to perform better with 003. Remote, power, Video... Kodi much more responsive....

SentFromMyLinuxMintPhone

Edited once, last by Nemsis72 (July 20, 2016 at 1:25 PM).

• I have read that with all S905 devices Full 3D frame-packed videos are resized in their resolution to Full HD Top Bottom 3D videos. Is this still an issue that can be resolved or is this some kind of hardware limitation?

• Did Alex's Openelec K1 build work? If so the needed drivers are already prepped in Alex's build tree.
    [hr]

projects/S905: set default CPU governor to hotplug · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv@002dc0f · GitHub
    projects/S905: set default CPU governor to hotplug

As the load goes down processors are stopped and removed.

The following code should give you an idea

Code
    head /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/*

Yes, alex's build works. I have it installed on my k1 plus currently. DVB works fine, sometimes the box just freezes.

• lwiddif
    Maybe you can help me to save some work.
    I have an beelink m18 and with @Alex's build and yours the physical power on/off button on the device works as espected but with @kszaq's build it does not work.
    Thanks.

• Not if you have a K1-Plus box. I updated to it from 002 and it messed my box up.. so i returned back to a self built version of 003. It would not shut off or reboot from power options menu. Had to pull the plug to shut off. And loss total control of the remote. Messed up video playback and boot up showed some type of log cat scrolling over the LibreELEC splash screen Everytime i would turn on the box. So far 003 is perfect for the K1-Plus box. Everything seems to perform better with 003. Remote, power, Video... Kodi much more responsive....

Majorero Wrote: Even though I said LibreELEC was working fine on my MiniMX 1gb/8gb, after further testing I noticed it was running kind of slow and that's because it is using only 2 cores.

I ran 004 into my second day and have just reverted to 003.
    The 004 was just a little hessitant and not as responsive.
    Not as bad as the reported K1 box issues but enough for me to revert.

• Yes, alex's build works. I have it installed on my k1 plus currently. DVB works fine, sometimes the box just freezes.

İs tvheadend work properly in k1 plus. Which alex's build are you using? 42e turksat tvh didnot work. Tuner was not found no channels

• LibreELEC

See post above.
    I should have been more specific. What I meant to say was "Under system information, Kodi only shows 2 cores, as if it was a dual core box". I think all 4 cores should be showing even if only 2 are working at the time. I just installed SD version of LibreELEC on a M18, and all 4 cores are showing. It should be the same with the MiniMX. I think I am going to reflash the MiniMX with android firmware and after that reinstall LibreELEC on nand memory, and see if it detects all 4 cores.

• I think I have a defectic mini m8s s905 and micro sd card slot doesn't work. How can I install Openelec without micro sd card. Can I use a usb or install from adb? Please help.

• İs tvheadend work properly in k1 plus. Which alex's build are you using? 42e turksat tvh didnot work. Tuner was not found no channels

I'm using 6.95.3.2. I'm on Astra 19.2E and it detects around 1500 channels. Did you follow one of those youtube howtos? They are well done and should describe how to setup tvheadend. No problems so far.

• I think I have a defectic mini m8s s905 and micro sd card slot doesn't work. How can I install Openelec without micro sd card. Can I use a usb or install from adb? Please help.

You can install it through usb pendrive with toothpick method

Edited once, last by bnj86 (July 21, 2016 at 7:16 AM).

• My Beelink Mini MX III with 7.0.2.004 installed to NAND seems to go to sleep overnight while it's not being used. It's not set to sleep in Kodi's power saving settings and none of the CEC settings should turn it off with the TV. Has anyone got any ideas how to stop it doing this?

• For those interested, as a result of this thread, I have yet another box to play with.

It is aT95m Android TV Box - 2GB RAM, Amlogic S905 CPU, Android 5.1, Kodi 16.0, 4Kx2K, Wi-Fi, Optical SPDIF, OTGI have tested with 7.0.2.004 on sdcard and all was good, so I have then done the NAND

So far so good, had to edit the keymap using the add on, but no issue with that.

Will do a full setup and play with various files and types.

OK Update
    Tested on 4K, no issues or slow down, also tested H265 10 bit all good.
    The reboot issue is there, it leaves the blue light on, should be red.

Only thing of note was there is no obvious reset hole, you have to push the toothpick down the audio to activate... Cheers google

Edited once, last by silashack (July 22, 2016 at 11:27 AM).