S905 builds - general discussion

• Nofan Tasi:
    1. When you build LibreELEC, everything is included, kernel as well.
    2. Use PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make amlpkg to build SD card and NAND image that you can flash according to instructions in the first post. No option is needed to build specifically for NAND or SD card, resulting files are universal.

Thanks, overnight build succeeded using following recipe:

Code
    git clone https://github.com/kszaq/LibreELEC.tv.git
    cd LibreELEC.tv
    git checkout -b 7.0.2.002 7.0.2.002 # create branch for this tag 7.0.2.002
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 make -j13 amlpkg
    (optional: (for my DVB-T stick))
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon pvr.hts
    PROJECT=S905 ARCH=aarch64 ./scripts/create_addon tvheadend

I'll test results soon (perhaps later this evening).

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (July 12, 2016 at 2:41 PM).

• I'm just in the process of trying this, but I've been using Alex's OE and twiddif's LE builds on a mini mx iii with a harmony and a remote.conf for a pivos xios ds. Works pretty well, gives plenty of buttons and you also get discrete power on / off (rather than toggle).
    The remote.conf could probably do with a tweak, but I haven't got around to messing with it yet...

What device did you use in the logitech harmony software?

• I use the APP TV skin with icons on home page and a QUIT Icon is the shutdown option.
    As soon as i hit the quit icon i can see (Text Only) "Power off system" ONLY Immediately on the screen. without colour background. I scroll down 1 Click and and i can see (Text Only) "shutdown timer", again the same Suspend, Reboot, Reboot from NAND.

Is there something extra you did or is it lucky your skin pulls the same Background Graphics File used by kszaq

Just asking if maybe you forgot a step.

I will shoot something off to the skinner but just thought I'd ask you as well.
    Thank you.
    Kostaman

I think coppying the <DialogButtonMenu.xml> from </usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence> to </storage/.kodi/addons/http://skin.XYZ/720p> only works without mistakes, if the design of the installed skin is very close to the Confluence Skin. I mostly prefer to use the Xonfluence-Skin  on my devices (former "Confluence Customizable Mod"). This is nothing elso than a confluence skin, wich you can customize to your needs and your preferences. I guess this is the reason, why it works with my skin without mistakes.

mark-aus-51 and JonSnow i've noticed that in my "information menu" i have this:

The are different SoCs of the AMLogic S905. My Mini MXIII has revision C and my MXQ pro has revision B, like yours.

Cheers
    Mark

• The are different SoCs of the AMLogic S905. My Mini MXIII has revision C and my MXQ pro has revision B, like yours.

Cheers
    Mark

Thanks for your answer.
    Yes :) that revision should fix the 4K hevc main10 50p bug. By the way I've also see a mxiii with revision B so different stocks. Just curious if you are able to play the canal+ video.

Edited once, last by anthontex (July 12, 2016 at 3:36 PM).

• Thanks for your answer.
    Yes that revision should fix the 4K hevc main10 50p bug. By the way I've also see a mxiii with revision B so different stocks. Just curious if you are able to play the canal+ video.

My mini mxiii's also rev c - I was guessing since they're relatively new they all are, but obviously not then.
    Is there a link to a sample canal+ video?

Edited once, last by trogggy (July 12, 2016 at 3:41 PM).

• Just curious if you are able to play the canal+ video.

Rev. C is supposed to fix artefacts in HEVC playback and not fix the playback itself, this needs kernel-side fixes.

Astra-SES_Demo_UHD_satellite_end-of-2015 is the best clip to test it. Wait for a ballet dancer.

• Rev. C is supposed to fix artefacts in HEVC playback and not fix the playback itself, this needs kernel-side fixes.

Astra-SES_Demo_UHD_satellite_end-of-2015 is the best clip to test it. Wait for a ballet dancer.

thanks to clarify Kszaq, in kodi's forum when it's mentioned it is not specified the needing of a kernel patch also. So hardware + kernel for that video :)
    ( Wait for a ballet dancer , i need an interpretation of this too :P )

I send a donation for your work but also for your patient to answer to us ;)

• Yes thanks as just said from Kszaq we have to wait

It's interesting to see what it plays - for my purposes it'll never be asked to play more than 1080p though, so I can be very patient.

So far it seems great on the mini mxiii.

• Been using my $30 MK808B Plus running Kszaq's OpenELEC, now LibreELEC as my tvheandend DVR server. Got my Beelink Mini MXIII three or four weeks ago, but only used it a couple of days. Thought I would give this OS a try and see how it performs as a tvheadend backend.

First I tried it using the microSD card, but it was too slow, so I installed your OS directly on the internal memory. Anyway, I made a video on how I set it up to use as my DVR backend.

How to install tvheadend server.

Edited once, last by clarkss12 (July 12, 2016 at 5:11 PM).

• My mini mxiii's also rev c - I was guessing since they're relatively new they all are, but obviously not then.
    Is there a link to a sample canal+ video?

Ahh so this must explain the difference between v1 and v3. Wondered why they released a new device so soon, the only downside to the mxiii is lack of 5ghz wifi which is fine for me since i use wired.

I'll have to check what revision my MXQ is once i get it back from a friend that wanted to test it.

kszaq super excited for your next build especially if you fix the memory problem.

Did you test also TRUE-HD?
    It works?
    Thanks.

Test sample please, once i get the box back i can test it. If DTS-MA works i suspect TrueHD will as well.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (July 12, 2016 at 7:36 PM).

• I send a donation for your work but also for your patient to answer to us

Thank you!

Anyway, I made a video on how I set it up to use as my DVR backend.

Great job!

kszaq super excited for your next build especially if you fix the memory problem.

I'm seeing some improvements but it's not yet fixed. I think I'll roll out a build with a test fix for 4K output first.

Edited once, last by kszaq (July 12, 2016 at 11:42 PM).

• Hello,

on my Mini MXIII works DVB-S2 with one of my DVBSKy S960 DVB-S/S2 USB. I use my preconfigured Astra 19.2 Channel-list with "VDR PVR Backend-service and VDR VNSI PVR-Client" ... but but the video-signal of the 720p channels is stuttering every 5-7 seconds for one sencond
    Audio is normal. And the 540p channels are normal, too.

The same configuration makes no problems on my generic LibreELEC-device (Intel Nuc N2830) and on a Raspberry Pi3 with LibreELEC.

Anyone an idea

Cheers
    Mark